Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 4, 2024, 5:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enlightened rants...
RE: Enlightened rants...
(October 19, 2017 at 2:14 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Even animals have certain definitions for genders, defined by the physical abilities each gender got. Black widows eat the husbands, female bees are born to be queens. Male humans have muscle mass to work. Female humans have warmer nature to keep the house intact from the inside.
MK; weren't you spamming us with the sexism of Islam?
...............................................................................   Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 19, 2017 at 2:14 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Anyways; I believe personally that just like animals; we have different abilities in terms of genders, and that requires our humankind to do what it can to keep the cell producing the honey.

I think that the gender-based differences are fairly minimal, and pertain only to things which are impossible for the other gender to perform.  A man cannot incubate a baby, and there is a limit to how much the average woman can lift over her head with her arms (but using her legs she may be able to lift more than a man of similar body weight).  That's it.  Everything else is up for grabs, IMO, and no one should be obligated to play a role that he or she does not want.
Nononono, you're wrong Astreja, women are for sweeping and shit, because of their "warmer nature".

The soldiers of the umma would have shit their pants if they had to deal with naked women, armed to the teeth, shouting obscenities at them from the opposing line of battle.  

-and they wonder why they lost.....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 19, 2017 at 3:15 pm)Khemikal Wrote: The soldiers of the umma would have shit their pants if they had to deal with naked women, armed to the teeth, shouting obscenities at them from the opposing line of battle.

Sounds like fun.  Where do I sign up?  Big Grin
Your nearest recruiters office.  Wink
I think it is sad when both genders are awesome and different, one tries to be like the other and give up their role because one portrays their role as more important, the Quran is just saying that is not necessary - the two genders are meant to be uplifters regarding each other,  and not to be jealous of what God has given grace to one over the other, but rather, seek to do good deeds and help one another.

They are supposed to honor one another and uplift each other,  it doesn't mean women can't uplift other women and men can't uplift other men, it is saying this not a competition, but rather men and women are meant to uplift each other.

It is sad how one reads a statement in the worst possible way.

We ask one another rights, women and men, family, brother and sisters, husband and wife, all through God, and that is through God's name by which all rights are established.  That means both roles manifest aspects of God and to say one gender is better than the other is tantamount of saying one attribute of God is more important than another which is division of his attributes, which contradicts the unity of God.

And woman exceed in ranks in somethings over men, and men exceed in ranks over something over women, in rights, but the most honorable of them and best of them is the best in deeds, the most strong in guarding.
(October 19, 2017 at 8:39 am)Khemikal Wrote: tell me more about the Great Satan

Sure.

I call on Andras. Grand Marquis of Hell. Provoker of Discords. Arch Devil of the Black Delights.

I call upon Asmodeus the Destroyer. And Astaroth. Friend of all the great Lords of Hades. I call upon the many names of Prince Satan. Beelzebub and Lucifer. I demand an audience with His Satanic Majesty!

(October 19, 2017 at 5:27 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I think it is sad when both genders are awesome and different, one tries to be like the other and give up their role ...

My role is to be myself, you insufferable, deluded, superstitious, homophobic lout!  If your god actually exists and thinks otherwise, it can fucking well come tell me that to my face.
(October 19, 2017 at 2:14 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: There is something desperately wrong with any religion that has fundamentalist sects that kill.  You can say "but they've been led astray into wrong thinking" - but their underpinnings are in a book.  It's usually an ancient, outdated book with contents that are always "up for interpretation".  "God's word" is always the word of whoever is interpreting it, and god never shows up to clarify.  (And I'm not just slamming Muslims here.  Christian history is full of this and worse.)  Iraq is boiling because of RELIGION.

Fundamentalists are simple minded; and not capable of sophisticated, long term plans like other players in the political scene. That's why they always end up as pawns to use and dispose by others.

I agree that so many religions (despite the name) has a very severe problem; and allows for the worst interpretation to become a reality. By worst I mean stuff like this Sunni Hadith:

http://www.iupui.edu/~msaiupui/089.sbt.html

Quote:Sahih Bukhari:
Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

It's racist; offensive; and gives lots of flexibility to commit whatever if you were the leader of the religious group.
So -to me-; that's the mentality of the so many believers: I'm sure that Christianity has similar stuff especially with obeying priests and monks.

Language is supposed to be the deciding factor in understanding the books; if they were truly divine. That's what I believe in anyways. If a verse said "right"; it's right. No way it's left.

Using the "Hadith" to interpret the book is what makes "right" mean "left". Remove the Hadith; and you'll have language alone to judge; which lowers the possibilities of gymnastics around the book drastically.

For example; the Quran talked a lot about rebellion against tyrants. But thanks to Volume 9, Book 89, Hadith number 256, all the verses mean nothing because simply: the prophet said, just like Anas narrated, that you should listen and obey no matter what.

Headache? welcome to religious madness of self-righteous fella. A brain thinking in the above fashion can never achieve a thing.

(October 19, 2017 at 2:18 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(October 19, 2017 at 2:14 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Even animals have certain definitions for genders, defined by the physical abilities each gender got. Black widows eat the husbands, female bees are born to be queens. Male humans have muscle mass to work. Female humans have warmer nature to keep the house intact from the inside.
MK; weren't you spamming us with the sexism of Islam?
...............................................................................   Rolleyes

Blank
Save
(October 20, 2017 at 12:24 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: It's racist; offensive; and gives lots of flexibility to commit whatever if you were the leader of the religious group.
Sums up the quran pretty well too.

It's a common thread with you abrahamic types. Superstitious drivel full of barbaric racism from our shamefully ignorant past... with plenty of wiggle room for followers and leaders alike to do and justify whatever the fuck they please. It makes me giggle everytime one of you tells me that the rest of you are doing it wrong. Nah, man, you're all doing it right....some of you are just a tad bit more "faithful" than the rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rants for the family of Taha and Yaseen. Mystic 124 13162 September 2, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi