Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumbest Comments About Evolution Ever
RE: Dumbest Comments About Evolution Ever
(February 10, 2018 at 6:51 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Once i was debating a Creationist on Evolution. And this dill weed argued  Evolution proposed that pigs would evolve to fly. (I'm not sure if he was being snide or not)

So does he not know how to fly?
I know it's weird . Wish i could find his original post .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Yeah, creationists today accept evolution which they call micro evolution - I guess they think it's ok if they accept it in small amounts. While they think regular or scientific evolution is when fish gives birth to a bear.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
On an Islamic forum someone asked if evolution happens why do we not have scorpion tails.  I suppose they thought it would be cool if we all had scorpion tails to fight each other with.

It might not even be a dumb question because the person could have been 12 years old and it could be the first question about evolution they've ever asked.  It's more dumb that the adults and everyone else on the forum took the question to be a serious flaw in evolution.

After talking to a lot of people about evolution in real life, in person. And with people who are religious and non religious, I think a massive amount of people put no effort into understanding evolution anyway.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I was once told that if evolution was true, my wooden door would evolve legs and run down the street!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Oh i have encounter tons of creationist nonsense.

Some creation still think unfossilized material in fossils proves a young earth (thou it does not )

Some creationists wholly dismiss paleontology or dismiss that anything can be learned from it . 

Some creationist still think they have refute radiometric dating. 

Some creationist still buy AIG's silly dinosaurs are in the bible nonsense .

And still the elusive kinds remain so .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(February 11, 2018 at 4:54 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Yeah, creationists today accept evolution which they call micro evolution - I guess they think it's ok if they accept it in small amounts. While they think regular or scientific evolution is when fish gives birth to a bear.

Yeah, they seem to have no problem with micro evolution, but then somehow for no reason, they impose an imaginary barrier that prevents macro evolution from happening. I think perhaps the next time a creationist says they accept micro evolution, the first thing to be done is to ask them what's stopping them from believing macro evolution is real. After all, it's just a logical extension of micro evolution given a large amount of time.

(February 11, 2018 at 5:25 am)paulpablo Wrote: After talking to a lot of people about evolution in real life, in person.  And with people who are religious and non religious, I think a massive amount of people put no effort into understanding evolution anyway.

I can certainly attest to that as a former Christian. The shit that alpha male and other Christians here argue against evolution is similar to how I used to argue. They have no idea of the basics of how evolution works.
(February 10, 2018 at 6:51 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Once i was debating a Creationist on Evolution. And this dill weed argued  Evolution proposed that pigs would evolve to fly. (I'm not sure if he was being snide or not)

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Ah pigs are known for their aerodynamic shape.

I will grab a catapult.
In my university days, I got into this with an evolution denier.  He was losing the argument in epic fashion when in a clear act of desperation, he removed a very old photo from his wallet (yes, kids - people used to carry paper photographs), shoved it in my face and said, 'This is my grampy.  He was born in 1908.  If evolution is true, why do I look like him??'

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 31083 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evolution--ice infographic... silly comments zebo-the-fat 2 1109 June 24, 2012 at 5:54 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat