Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 12:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America - Sliding Down The Shitter
RE: America - Sliding Down The Shitter
(August 1, 2018 at 12:03 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Immigration redistributes wealth from those who can’t compete with immigrants to those who use immigrants—from the bad and worthless employees who don’t have the right skills, who can’t acquire the right skills, and who aren’t willing to be paid less than those who do, and who think they are worth something by virtue of being born here, to those who have the merits to be employers.

Some of that is right. "Who aren’t willing to be paid less than those who do" - you're right, American citizens generally aren't willing to compete on wage level with people coming from countries like Nicaragua, where the minimum wage expressed in US dollars is $2,218 per year. Can't say as I blame them.

https://www.minimum-wage.org/international/nicaragua

(August 1, 2018 at 12:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: "Trickle down economics" started with that senile old fuck, Reagan.  Aren't you tired of being pissed on yet? 

I'm doing fine.

I've said multiple times before that I have no problem with taxing the hell out of the 1%. The difference between us is that I understand that the Democrats have no more intention of doing that than the Republicans.
(August 1, 2018 at 12:28 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(August 1, 2018 at 12:03 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Immigration redistributes wealth from those who can’t compete with immigrants to those who use immigrants—from the bad and worthless employees who don’t have the right skills, who can’t acquire the right skills, and who aren’t willing to be paid less than those who do, and who think they are worth something by virtue of being born here, to those who have the merits to be employers.

Some of that is right. "Who aren’t willing to be paid less than those who do" - you're right, American citizens generally aren't willing to compete on wage level with people coming from countries like Nicaragua, where the minimum wage expressed in US dollars is $2,218 per year. Can't say as I blame them.

https://www.minimum-wage.org/international/nicaragua

Well, tough. The Nicaragua’s who are willing to be paid less to to better work are better than the trumpomatic low lives who offers less but want more.

We should import more of Nicaraguans and redress the trade imbalance by selling trumpomatic morons to trump’s buddy Mr Kim, whose poor harvests can be improved with redneck fertilizer. We did put a lot of nutrients and minerals into those lowlifes.
(August 1, 2018 at 12:34 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Well, tough.  The Nicaragua’s who are willing to be paid less to to better work are better than the trumpomatic low lives who offers less but want more.

So, poor Americans are poor because they're lazy or incompetent and have a sense of entitlement.

It's funny how a lefty will make a conservative argument rather than admit that the conservative might have a point.
(August 1, 2018 at 12:52 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(August 1, 2018 at 12:34 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Well, tough.  The Nicaragua’s who are willing to be paid less to to better work are better than the trumpomatic low lives who offers less but want more.

So, poor Americans are poor because they're lazy or incompetent and have a sense of entitlement.

It's funny how a lefty will make a conservative argument rather than admit that the conservative might have a point.

No poor americans are poor because the republican party has made the whole of the US a money making machine for the already wealthy at the expense of the less well off.

Its a kleptocracy.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote:So, poor Americans are poor because they're lazy or incompetent and have a sense of entitlement.
No poor Americans are poor because America's economic system is shit and Right Wing nutters have made it more so .

Quote:It's funny how a lefty will make a conservative argument rather than admit that the conservative might have a point.
I have not done that nor would because conservative economic theory is voodoo economics
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(August 1, 2018 at 10:28 am)alpha male Wrote: More jobs than workers means pay will go up. It just takes some time for that to happen.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/worker...2018-07-31

Quote:American workers are finally reaping the benefits of the lowest unemployment rate and best jobs market in decades: Wages and benefits are rising at the fastest pace in a decade.

The employment cost index rose 0.6% in the second quarter, a tick below the MarketWatch estimate of 0.7%.

More important, the cost of worker compensation in the form of pay and benefits edged up to 2.8% to mark the biggest yearly gain since mid-2008.

That's good news! I'm happy about that! Things are better relative to recent years. But in the grand scheme of things, it's peanuts; it's nothing! Wages increased by... 0.5 percent? That is an insignificant percentage and, honestly, it's most likely due to the fact that 18 states raised their minimum wage this year. In actuality, wages have been consistently outpaced by inflation, while economic gains have exclusively gone to those in the top income brackets (as I clearly outlined in my previous post to you.)  You can see for yourself that real income has not seen any substantial increase in the last few decades. There's plenty more sources than my last post to show you this is a severe issue.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...r-decades/

Quote:But after adjusting for inflation, today’s average hourly wage has just about the same purchasing power as it did in 1979, following a long slide in the 1980s and early 1990s and bumpy, inconsistent growth since then. In fact, in real terms the average wage peaked more than 40 years ago: The $4.03-an-hour rate recorded in January 1973 has the same purchasing power as $22.41 would today.

I'm happy that things are improving relative to a few years ago. I'm not going to be upset with some positive news. But baby boomers and Gen X'ers have been conditioned to be content with peanuts. I'm not. Those who are keeping our economy afloat are not seeing any real benefits. You know where it's all going....

[Image: GorgeousHonestDikdik-size_restricted.gif]

If more jobs than workers caused pay to go up at the rate that it should have over the last 30 years I think it would've happened by now. Any positive increase or progress is only good relative to what it was prior.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(August 1, 2018 at 1:01 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: No poor americans are poor because the republican party has made the whole of the US a money making machine for the already wealthy at the expense of the less well off.

The article I posted - from Politico - says that the US is a money making machine for the already wealthy at the expense of the less well off in large part due to immigration.

Immigration isn't pushed by the Republican party.

(August 1, 2018 at 1:17 pm)Aegon Wrote: If more jobs than workers caused pay to go up at the rate that it should have over the last 30 years I think it would've happened by now. Any positive increase or progress is only good relative to what it was prior.

Er, we haven't had more jobs that workers over the last 30 years.
(August 1, 2018 at 1:19 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(August 1, 2018 at 1:17 pm)Aegon Wrote: If more jobs than workers caused pay to go up at the rate that it should have over the last 30 years I think it would've happened by now. Any positive increase or progress is only good relative to what it was prior.

Er, we haven't had more jobs that workers over the last 30 years.

Why bother writing a post if you're just gonna hyperfocus on one thing like that and ignore everything else? You ignored the last post anyway. We didn't need the same job market we did today to see a significant rise in income. Workers are making as much now as they were in the 1970s despite the increased costs of literally everything else while those in the top 10% of income have seen magnificent gains and sharp increases in their level of income. I don't know how else to hammer that into your head. Your evidence that things are improving for the average worker is just relative to recent years. A good thing! But not enough. We have a problem, it's time to address it.

I don't know anything about the economic implications of immigration, I didn't comment on that.
(August 1, 2018 at 1:31 pm)Aegon Wrote:
(August 1, 2018 at 1:19 pm)alpha male Wrote: Er, we haven't had more jobs that workers over the last 30 years.

Why bother writing a post if you're just gonna hyperfocus on one thing like that and ignore everything else? You ignored the last post anyway. We didn't need the same job market we did today to see a significant rise in income. Workers are making as much now as they were in the 1970s despite the increased costs of literally everything else while those in the top 10% of income have seen magnificent gains and sharp increases in their level of income. I don't know how else to hammer that into your head. Your evidence that things are improving for the average worker is just relative to recent years. A good thing! But not enough. We have a problem, it's time to address it.

I don't know anything about the economic implications of immigration, I didn't comment on that.
And now watch Beta chant the Republican gospel while singing the empty economics of Saint Trump of swindle .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(August 1, 2018 at 1:35 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
(August 1, 2018 at 1:31 pm)Aegon Wrote: Why bother writing a post if you're just gonna hyperfocus on one thing like that and ignore everything else? You ignored the last post anyway. We didn't need the same job market we did today to see a significant rise in income. Workers are making as much now as they were in the 1970s despite the increased costs of literally everything else while those in the top 10% of income have seen magnificent gains and sharp increases in their level of income. I don't know how else to hammer that into your head. Your evidence that things are improving for the average worker is just relative to recent years. A good thing! But not enough. We have a problem, it's time to address it.

And now watch Beta chant the Republican gospel while singing the empty economics of Saint Trump of swindle .

I really don't think AM is a Reagonomics robot. If you noticed, he agrees with the idea of "taxing the shit out of" the top 1%. I also don't see the point in throwing insults. Just makes him reaffirmed in his beliefs because you can't hold a conversation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient man in America? Fake Messiah 4 588 June 20, 2020 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Did Croatians settle in America before Columbo? FlatAssembler 14 1791 September 24, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: no one
  They Found a Holy Shitter in Israel? Minimalist 18 2375 November 14, 2017 at 5:43 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why is Canada so much different from America? Lemonvariable72 56 13552 December 11, 2014 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Lao Shizi