Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America - Sliding Down The Shitter
America - Sliding Down The Shitter
This is not a WLB thread.  He is just the personification of the forces that seek to turn the country into a 3d world nation.  He is too fucking stupid to be the cause of this.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/america...ty-ladder/

Quote:America’s middle class takes a terrifying slide down the mobility ladder

Quote:Today, with their incomes flat or falling, these Americans scramble to maintain a semblance of what their parents enjoyed. They are moving from being dominant to being dominated. From acting to acted upon. Trained to be educators, lawyers, librarians, and accountants, they do work they can’t stand to support families they rarely see. Petrified of being pushed aside by robots, they rankle to see financial titans and tech gurus flaunting their obscene wealth at every turn.

Headlines gush of a humming economy, but it doesn’t feel like a party to them—and they’ve seen enough to know who will be holding the bag when the next bubble bursts.

The “Middle Precariots,” as Quart terms them, are suffering death by a thousand degradations. Their new reality: You will not do as well as your parentsLife is a struggle to keep up. Even if you achieve something, you will live in fear of losing it. America is not your land: it belongs to the ultra-rich.
RE: America - Sliding Down The Shitter
Have you ever lived in a third world nation?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
One does not need to live in the worst conditions to live in bad conditions  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(July 26, 2018 at 2:07 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Have you ever lived in a third world nation?

I expect to within a few years the way you scumbags are going.
(July 26, 2018 at 2:07 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Have you ever lived in a third world nation?

Yup.  I'd have done well if I stayed.  The reasons that I'd have done well ensure that the vast majority would do very..very poorly.

I think people would be surprised at what does (and doesn't) find a place in the third world. We certainly wouldn;t want the US to fall so far as the second world tier. It's untenable to american culture...and arent we supposed to be making america great or some such shit?

As far as socio-economic mobility...the US has long stagnated at a level close to medieval europe, but so long as the lowest rung is still first world..folks aren't likely to notice or give a shit. Let just one rung of society fall below first world standards and see how those assholes act.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 26, 2018 at 5:58 pm)Khemikal Wrote:

Yup.  I'd have done well if I stayed.  The reasons that I'd have done well ensure that the vast majority would do very..very poorly.

I think people would be surprised at what does (and doesn't) find a place in the third world. We certainly wouldn;t want the US to fall so far as the second world tier. It's untenable to american culture...and arent we supposed to be making america great or some such shit?

As far as socio-economic mobility...the US has long stagnated at a level close to medieval europe, but so long as the lowest rung is still first world..folks aren't likely to notice or give a shit. Let just one rung of society fall below first world standards and see how those assholes act.

I also have lived in the third world, and I agree that people who have no experience in it would be pretty surprised by what it's actually like. Lima has modern shopping malls indistinguishable from an American mall, and millions I slums. I find that most people who reference the third world (particularly min) have zero experience with it.

I have to take issue with the idea that that America has the same social mobility as medeval Europe. That's crazy talk. Is there any evidence that would back up that statement?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Denial is a wonderful thing, Cap'n.  Keep indulging yourself.

[Image: naippY6.jpg]
(July 26, 2018 at 5:58 pm)Khemikal Wrote:

I think people would be surprised at what does (and doesn't) find a place in the third world.  We certainly wouldn;t want the US to fall so far as the second world tier.  It's untenable to american culture...and arent we supposed to be making america great or some such shit?

As far as socio-economic mobility...the US has long stagnated at a level close to medieval europe, but so long as the lowest rung is still first world..folks aren't likely to notice or give a shit.  Let just one rung of society fall below first world standards and see how those assholes act.

The notion that the lowest rung of US society is first world is simply ludicrous.  Every nation on the planet has its desperately poor, living in substandard housing in unsanitary conditions, without secure food and clean water,  By way of example:

[Image: epa-20141227-poverty-shanties-pasay-001-640.jpg]

and

[Image: tetti-di-delle-baraccopoli-di-dacca-in-b...bcmhwn.jpg]

The first picture is a slum in America.  The second is a slum in Bangladesh.  Both look pretty goddamed third world to me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 27, 2018 at 3:02 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 26, 2018 at 5:58 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Yup.  I'd have done well if I stayed.  The reasons that I'd have done well ensure that the vast majority would do very..very poorly.

I think people would be surprised at what does (and doesn't) find a place in the third world.  We certainly wouldn;t want the US to fall so far as the second world tier.  It's untenable to american culture...and arent we supposed to be making america great or some such shit?

As far as socio-economic mobility...the US has long stagnated at a level close to medieval europe, but so long as the lowest rung is still first world..folks aren't likely to notice or give a shit.  Let just one rung of society fall below first world standards and see how those assholes act.

The notion that the lowest rung of US society is first world is simply ludicrous.  Every nation on the planet has its desperately poor, living in substandard housing in unsanitary conditions, without secure food and clean water,  By way of example:

[Image: epa-20141227-poverty-shanties-pasay-001-640.jpg]

and

[Image: tetti-di-delle-baraccopoli-di-dacca-in-b...bcmhwn.jpg]

The first picture is a slum in America.  The second is a slum in Bangladesh.  Both look pretty goddamed third world to me.

Boru
That's not  an American slum .This is however . 

[Image: balt8.jpg]
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I've lived in Alabama.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient man in America? Fake Messiah 4 531 June 20, 2020 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Did Croatians settle in America before Columbo? FlatAssembler 14 1692 September 24, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: no one
  They Found a Holy Shitter in Israel? Minimalist 18 2258 November 14, 2017 at 5:43 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why is Canada so much different from America? Lemonvariable72 56 13185 December 11, 2014 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Lao Shizi