Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 10:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Refugee thread!
RE: Refugee thread!
Welcome TTA folks. Please enjoy the BBQ babies. First ones free after that we’ll set up a tab
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 21, 2018 at 5:03 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(September 21, 2018 at 2:26 pm)Aegon Wrote: $15 per month to become mod, $30 per month for admin.

Ah, the “American Politics” revenue model.

I wouldn't think bad of you if you cut a nice deal like that.
We're setting up cots. Min is getting four in his area. 'Ware the man, folks, his bark is his bite.
It's hot here.... but at least it isn't raining the way it is in all the rest of the country.
(September 21, 2018 at 5:03 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(September 21, 2018 at 2:26 pm)Aegon Wrote: $15 per month to become mod, $30 per month for admin.

Ah, the “American Politics” revenue model.

Better revenue generator than the English model, brass farthing to buy a minister, tuppenny upright gets the PM at your beck and call.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Can I be a bit selfish and say that I hope you all stick around here. I know you all miss your home and there's talk of making a new forum, but I'd love to see you all stay here.

Smile Heart
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 21, 2018 at 4:20 pm)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:
(September 21, 2018 at 12:20 pm)Thoreauvian Wrote: It will be pretty funny if we all end up going back to TTA if it is moved and renamed.  DOH!

I hope it rises up from the threatened ashes.  But even if it does I'm here now TOO.  I'll be both places.  I haven't been here long but I like what I see and how welcome they are making us newbies!

P.S. I've already registered to put my money where my mouth is.  It's only a dollar a month, but it's something anyway.  I hope we will make a good showing of ourselves on that front.  Think of it as bringing that bottle of wine to your hostess.  Or in my tightwad-case, that box of wine, anyway.

Well shoot, I can't get my dancing chicken link to actually dance beside my signature.  He just stands there, all judgmental-like.  Might have to take him out.

We appreciate every penny. It goes into keeping the server and whatever small expenses the site accrues. For the most part, the members' donations pay to keep it running, which makes it everyone's forum. It's a group effort, though the "owner" didn't shut it down even when it was all out of pocket, so you guys' help is really a bonus.
(September 21, 2018 at 2:14 pm)RobbyPants Wrote:
(September 21, 2018 at 2:06 pm)Shell B Wrote: It's a shame. A few people who didn't like the vibe here ran over there too, which gave people more of an option. There aren't enough good Atheist forums out there now.

We'll have to make up for quantity with quality, and become the best atheists ever. I'm not sure exactly how to do that, though...  Undecided

Less is more. All we have to do is be less religious, and we're already winning at that.
One cannot get lower than "NONE."
Woohoo! I put up a thread and 11 pages later, return. I promise I'm not a drive-by Tongue
Hugs to my friends and my new friends.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 2310 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Yet Another Refugee Paleophyte 23 2995 November 18, 2018 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  <----- Another TTA refugee devilsadvoc8 29 2368 October 1, 2018 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hello...refugee Minimalist 46 14106 July 26, 2012 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  RDF Refugee Chad Farris 20 3986 March 10, 2010 at 1:58 am