Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 10:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Refugee thread!
RE: Refugee thread!
(September 22, 2018 at 5:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Star Gate had the potential to be a very interesting movie.  And then, a third of the way into it they opted for just an ordinary shoot-em-up.

Very disappointing.

Well.. I supose 'Budget' can get in the way of things.

The itneresting thing is that the original creators have the rights back and are planning a new trilogy of films. Big Grin

Cheers.

Not at work.
Side note: I bloody love Stargate [the movie, and series]
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
Any other refugees having problems posting here?  It seems to be a bit hit and miss for me. 
I've been able to post a few comments, but others have just disappeared into cyberspace.

I preview 'em, and they're okay, but when I hit the "post reply" button, they disappear, never to be seen again. 
Sometimes, they'll appear after two or three attempts.  I've only posted 3 comments that've actually appeared—this is the 4th—but my profile shows ten!

I'm somewhat discombobulated.     Huh
I'm a creationist,  I believe man created God
(September 22, 2018 at 4:12 pm)Aliza Wrote:
(September 22, 2018 at 4:00 pm)outtathereligioncloset Wrote: LastPoet:  Even if it's pulled from the ashes, I'm still going to be here (too).  You can't get rid of me that easily.  I'm more like gum on the bottom of your shoe that way.

I went to pull the laughing smiley to respond to this, but I couldn't find it easily enough.

The first one on the list is the jerkoff smiley. Why is the jerkoff smiley first one on the list?!

.....  Jerkoff

Because only a discreet a handful of us are special. 

Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 22, 2018 at 6:00 pm)SYZ Wrote: Any other refugees having problems posting here?  It seems to be a bit hit and miss for me. 
I've been able to post a few comments, but others have just disappeared into cyberspace.

I preview 'em, and they're okay, but when I hit the "post reply" button, they disappear, never to be seen again. 
Sometimes, they'll appear after two or three attempts.  I've only posted 3 comments that've actually appeared—this is the 4th—but my profile shows ten!

I'm somewhat discombobulated.     Huh

Your right, it says 11 but if you click on the "show all posts" link it only shows 5.  The last one being the Peter Sellars fart thing.

You need one of the staff.  I'm just a peon.
Peebo's here!  Peebo's here!  Thumb up

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I've been remiss - a big welcome to all refugees.

The most important thing to know about AF is that towards then end of every calendar year, we vote on awards for members.  Everyone who votes for me as 'Funniest Member' will receive a substantial cash award. Please check with Tiberius for details.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
After Stormy Daniels' book you are really going to have to work hard to take the "funniest member" award away from Trump.
(September 22, 2018 at 7:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: After Stormy Daniels' book you are really going to have to work hard to take the "funniest member" award away from Trump.

You have to admit, his reputation has mushroomed recently.
Bong

(I'm going to miss the smug coffee-cup smilie)
(September 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm)unfogged Wrote:
(September 22, 2018 at 7:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: After Stormy Daniels' book you are really going to have to work hard to take the "funniest member" award away from Trump.

You have to admit, his reputation has mushroomed recently.
Bong

(I'm going to miss the smug coffee-cup smilie)

Yeah, I am going to miss that one too.  sigh

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1979 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Yet Another Refugee Paleophyte 23 2518 November 18, 2018 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  <----- Another TTA refugee devilsadvoc8 29 2090 October 1, 2018 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hello...refugee Minimalist 46 13287 July 26, 2012 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  RDF Refugee Chad Farris 20 3772 March 10, 2010 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious