Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 10:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Refugee thread!
RE: Refugee thread!
Hello,

Nice to see that there is already a lot of refugee here. I wonder whose "jerb" I will be stealing?
Alrighty then, epronovost made me learn a new word!

About 99,200 results (0.39 seconds)
Search Results
Web results
Urban Dictionary: jerb
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jerb
The only thing jerbs are frowned apon for is having orgys with each other. Jerbs usually contain five people, and the group contains at least two girls. Jerbs run ...
Urban Dictionary: good jerb
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p...ood%20jerb
Dec 2, 2013 - Slang for "good job". Usually used when another party is fishing for a compliment, or in a manner that indicates the speaker believes a ...
JERB - What does JERB stand for? The Free Dictionary
https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/JERB
Looking for online definition of JERB or what JERB stands for? JERB is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations ...
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
(September 25, 2018 at 2:17 pm)Nakara Wrote:
(September 25, 2018 at 2:12 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I'm not sure about the notice time. Appears they got at least 10 days. What do you think is appropriate?

(killing me is not an option)

We were initially given 3 days, though it was very vague.

He didn't even bother to leave a message himself, that had to be done by a mod.

It was only after some prodding and begging that we're now at 10 days.

I can't believe this is how he's decided to handle  an 8 year old established online community--a community he's played virtually no part in aside from giving it a domain, and has given us no say in the matter. The only thing he has given us is a little more time to say goodbye and figure out where the heck to go. This fucking sucks.

One small nit to pick. It wasn't delivered by a "mod" it was delivered by the forum admin that has been a member since 2012 and sat in the admin chair alone since 2015. 

Seth has posted on it a handful of times. I don't see how him posting would make it better somehow. 

"Oh there's the guy who never promoted the forum and only showed up and posted a total of twenty times telling us our forum is closing." 

Yeah that too would go over like a fart in church.  Dodgy
If you have to lie to bolster your argument, it’s time to rethink the validity of the argument.  

I figured it out.

I is so happy now Smile
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
Moms said:  "Seth has posted on it a handful of times. I don't see how him posting would make it better somehow.

"Oh there's the guy who never promoted the forum and only showed up and posted a total of twenty times telling us our forum is closing."

Yeah that too would go over like a fart in church."

I wholeheartedly agree.  As hard as it was to hear, it would have been far worse to have had to hear from him.  You did it with grace, dignity and an abundance of love for us.  I would say "bless you," but I don't want to get drop-kicked.

So glad you're here.
I see that the AF locals haven’t built a wall yet to keep any of you out!  Angel
"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
(September 25, 2018 at 8:41 pm)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:
(September 25, 2018 at 8:34 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Cool idea. And I can offer free samples:

[Image: 2336cba7ae83c5ad37c063ddbe5165cc.jpg]

Now see, this is one of those laces where I'd like to be able to hit "like" (or in this case "kudos") a half dozen times in a row!
Yes!  YES! YES!!!  Oh YES!!!!!!!!!

I have to ask....

Was it as good for you as it was for us?  Hehe
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 21, 2018 at 2:07 pm)outtathereligioncloset Wrote: Thank you to all of you who repped me up overnight.  That was a nice unexpected surprise to log in to!

Yabut, who are you? 

Hehe
"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
(September 25, 2018 at 11:05 pm)Joods Wrote:
(September 25, 2018 at 8:41 pm)outtathereligioncloset Wrote: Now see, this is one of those laces where I'd like to be able to hit "like" (or in this case "kudos") a half dozen times in a row!
Yes!  YES! YES!!!  Oh YES!!!!!!!!!

I have to ask....

Was it as good for you as it was for us?  Hehe

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactually I think it was even better:

Rawr!!! That video won't play!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1979 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Yet Another Refugee Paleophyte 23 2518 November 18, 2018 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  <----- Another TTA refugee devilsadvoc8 29 2090 October 1, 2018 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hello...refugee Minimalist 46 13287 July 26, 2012 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  RDF Refugee Chad Farris 20 3772 March 10, 2010 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious