Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 1:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mostly bizarre.
RE: Mostly bizarre.
(September 22, 2018 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Atheists in general rely on science but science contradict them almost at every step ...

(September 22, 2018 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Do they fully believe in science or ...

(September 22, 2018 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Science also doesn't say that ...

(September 22, 2018 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: And when science ever said that ...

(September 22, 2018 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Each and every belief that atheists carry in their mind doesn't find any evidence in science ...

Question for you LR.

What is science?

I bet you won't be able to answer this correctly.
(September 25, 2018 at 6:45 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Uhm...... I'm sorry I don't quite parse that reply.

Could you, perhaps, offer an example or an instance?

Cheers.

These guys keep on claiming that science back them up.
They say..........when we die is all over.
They see a body so they come to the conclusion that not only the body is gone but the consciousness as well is gone.
All science knows is that the body is gone and that's it.
Physical science is limited in studying physical phenomenal.
It just can not go over the border and understand consciousness however these guys come to the wrong conclusion that it can without providing a rag of evidence.
Here is where I challenge them.
i challenge them to provide evidence.
In turn they laugh at me thinking that they are very smart and clever.
In reality they only fool themselves and procrastinate their total ignorance.  Think

(September 26, 2018 at 6:24 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(September 22, 2018 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Atheists in general rely on science but science contradict them almost at every step ...

(September 22, 2018 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Do they fully believe in science or ...

(September 22, 2018 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Science also doesn't say that ...

(September 22, 2018 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: And when science ever said that ...

(September 22, 2018 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Each and every belief that atheists carry in their mind doesn't find any evidence in science ...

Question for you LR.

What is science?

I bet you won't be able to answer this correctly.

If you look in the dictionary you may see................ knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation.........

In reality it is all very very confusing statement because it confuse this limited material-physical world with the natural world.
Suppose this material world is a giant mental projection of the creator.
In this case the natural is the creator mind not his creation.

In all case I would waste my time in explaining how the whole system works considering your ingrained  belief in the materialistic world.  Shake Fist
Lil Rik: If you don't believe in this material world, hold your breath!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(September 26, 2018 at 6:15 am)Little Rik Wrote: In the meantime can you please provide evidence that the consciousness is a product of the brain.  Thanks

The bottom line is what is reasonable to believe.

In every example we have ever examined where we could detect consciousness there was a functioning brain with electrical and chemical activity going on.  The measurements of that activity correlates well with the perceived level of consciousness.  In every case where the brain activity ceases there is also a cessation of consciousness.  It is reasonable given all the available evidence to believe that consciousness requires a functioning brain.

The best way to show that that is not the most reasonable conclusion is a demonstrable example of a consciousness that it not associated with a functioning brain.  It might also be done if a plausible mechanism for supporting a consciousness without a brain can be shown to exist.  Neither has been done yet and that means it is unreasonable to believe that consciousness can survive the death of the physical brain.

The time to believe something is when there is evidence for it, not simply that it has not been disproven.

(September 26, 2018 at 6:30 am)Little Rik Wrote: Suppose this material world is a giant mental projection of the creator.

In all case I would waste my time in explaining how the whole system works considering your ingrained  belief in the materialistic world.  Shake Fist

I have sufficient evidence to believe in the physical world.
I have vague, conflicting, and untestable claims for things "outside" the physical world.

Descriptions of any system must not only be sufficient but must also be necessary and that's where all religious claims fail miserably. 

I am open to believing anything for which good evidence can be provided.  Unverifiable speculations have no value.
In the "Evolution" and "Best theistic arguments" threads, I asked you to provide evidence of your claim that science supports your belief that vibrations are alive. In three months of back and forth, you not once provided said evidence. At minimum then, we can say that your beliefs are no more scientific than those of atheists. Which makes you nothing but a hypocrite. I doubt that rises to the level of kicking dogs, but surely there must be a karmic hit for that.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 22, 2018 at 10:52 am)DodosAreDead Wrote: Why do people on here engage trolls? Tongue

Rikky's no troll, he's just too dumb to breathe and type at the same time.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(September 26, 2018 at 10:51 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: In the "Evolution" and "Best theistic arguments" threads, I asked you to provide evidence of your claim that science supports your belief that vibrations are alive.  In three months of back and forth, you not once provided said evidence.  At minimum then, we can say that your beliefs are no more scientific than those of atheists.  Which makes you nothing but a hypocrite.  I doubt that rises to the level of kicking dogs, but surely there must be a karmic hit for that.

I knew from the very beginning that something doesn't work properly in your brains. Razz

[Image: 1-brain-design-by-cogs-and-gears-setsiri...anchai.jpg]

Now you gone a step forward by asking such a stupid question.

[Image: stupid1.jpg]

Why on earth science should say that vibration are alive?
Obviously everything is alive in this universe.
Even matter that doesn't show any life to the naked eye is full of energy.
Being energy-consciousness the two sides of the same sheet that means that everything carry some form of consciousness.
Consciousness is something alive so everything is alive.
Nothing is dead.
The creator doesn't create something dead but even if you do not believe in a creator it wouldn't make any difference.
Even Einstein said that matter is energy and where there is energy there is consciousness at different level of awareness.
Less in matter and more in a developed human being with of course exceptions in nutcases (ehmm, guess who?).  Skin Rash
How do you like all the new emojis, Rik?
Rik, your problem is that you're not properly separating pseudo science from real science.

You read all this nonsense that makes sense to you because you personally want to believe in these magical notions of energy being sentient and vibes being energetically sentient and just a great deal of pseudo scientific poppycock.

Guaranteed, there is not a single reputable scientist who agrees with these notions you post.
(September 26, 2018 at 7:36 am)unfogged Wrote:
(September 26, 2018 at 6:15 am)Little Rik Wrote: In the meantime can you please provide evidence that the consciousness is a product of the brain.  Thanks

The bottom line is what is reasonable to believe.

In every example we have ever examined where we could detect consciousness there was a functioning brain with electrical and chemical activity going on.  The measurements of that activity correlates well with the perceived level of consciousness.  In every case where the brain activity ceases there is also a cessation of consciousness.  It is reasonable given all the available evidence to believe that consciousness requires a functioning brain.

The best way to show that that is not the most reasonable conclusion is a demonstrable example of a consciousness that it not associated with a functioning brain.  It might also be done if a plausible mechanism for supporting a consciousness without a brain can be shown to exist.  Neither has been done yet and that means it is unreasonable to believe that consciousness can survive the death of the physical brain.

The time to believe something is when there is evidence for it, not simply that it has not been disproven.

I have already gone several times through the fact that as far as the body is alive the consciousness is there with the body-brain.
That doesn't mean that once the body die also the consciousness goes to the dogs.
Would you die when your vehicle die?
Why should you?
The body is a vehicle not the real you.
Would you say that your car is you?
I understand that you are new here but please try to think twice before you come up with these defective beliefs.  Thanks

(September 26, 2018 at 6:30 am)Little Rik Wrote: Suppose this material world is a giant mental projection of the creator.

Quote:I have sufficient evidence to believe in the physical world.
I have vague, conflicting, and untestable claims for things "outside" the physical world.

Descriptions of any system must not only be sufficient but must also be necessary and that's where all religious claims fail miserably. 

I am open to believing anything for which good evidence can be provided.  Unverifiable speculations have no value.

Is a pity that religions put you on the wrong track.
God didn't start religions so please try not to think that all theists follow religious dogmas.

Evidence come only once you get knowledge.
And knowledge is not something that come easily.
First you got to be interested in something.
After that you got to learn and learn.
Atheism is not the best way to start something as important as the real knowledge.
That kind of knowledge that goes outside the borders of physicality.  Lightbulb

(September 27, 2018 at 9:25 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: How do you like all the new emojis, Rik?

Occasionally people in here ask me why I post in this forum.

Emojis are one of the reason although not the best or more important reason.
This forum has got the best emojis I have ever seen around.
I love them.  Great

(September 27, 2018 at 9:26 am)Kit Wrote: Rik, your problem is that you're not properly separating pseudo science from real science.

You read all this nonsense that makes sense to you because you personally want to believe in these magical notions of energy being sentient and vibes being energetically sentient and just a great deal of pseudo scientific poppycock.  

Guaranteed, there is not a single reputable scientist who agrees with these notions you post.

What you need Kit is some knowledge before you come down with these defective beliefs.
There are tons and tons of information on the net.
Go and get this knowledge so after we can talk about it.  Thanks

https://healingearth.info/consciousness-...ciousness/