Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 12:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Refugee thread!
RE: Refugee thread!
(September 26, 2018 at 11:02 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(September 26, 2018 at 10:00 am)Dom Wrote: I will really miss the trump impeachment thread. It was started when he got elected, and it kind of chronicles all that happened over the two years. There's enough to give you whiplash if you watch real-time. All the significant stuff was in there, plus a plethora of opinions and funny stuff. I've always wished for history books that are just collections of comments and opinions, hopes and fears of the actual common folk living through the events. You know, to get a real feel of the times. It's a huge, long thread and no one has the time to save it, I know I don't. 

I was at TTA for 6 years, I joined soon after hubby died. It helped me through one of the most difficult times in my life. I will be forever grateful to everyone who was there.

So it's time for a new start again? I am getting too old for that shit, but I'll give it a shot.  Welcome Train
Signs and portents, Dom, signs and portents. Stay tuned.  Popcorn
Boy, that sounds a lot like "god works in mysterious ways"!  Coffee
[Image: dobie.png]
(September 26, 2018 at 11:24 am)Kit Wrote:
(September 26, 2018 at 10:00 am)Dom Wrote: I will really miss the trump impeachment thread. It was started when he got elected, and it kind of chronicles all that happened over the two years. There's enough to give you whiplash if you watch real-time. All the significant stuff was in there, plus a plethora of opinions and funny stuff. I've always wished for history books that are just collections of comments and opinions, hopes and fears of the actual common folk living through the events. You know, to get a real feel of the times. It's a huge, long thread and no one has the time to save it, I know I don't. 

I was at TTA for 6 years, I joined soon after hubby died. It helped me through one of the most difficult times in my life. I will be forever grateful to everyone who was there.

So it's time for a new start again? I am getting too old for that shit, but I'll give it a shot.  Welcome Train

Something like this?

Well, It was a little different.  It's 425 pages long.  Here, quick...read it before it disappears! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1372895
Not to be confused with the stupid stuff trump posts on twitter thread....
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
After lurking in the closing threads over at TTA, I have to apologize if people have been scared off coming here with their friends by warnings from Thump and Evie. Obviously, their statements about conflicts they've had with me are one-sided. I'm not going to rehash those arguments or even defend myself from their criticisms. However, I will say that anyone who wants to come here and give it a try will not be met with the sort of problems they've described. They can come try the place out for themselves. If not, I hope they find another place to talk with like-minded people and debate with theists. We may not be cautious of people's feelings around here, but we too are a community of friends and loved ones. We know what it's like to love a forum, as strange as that may seem.
Is there anyone Thumper hasn't irritated/pissed off or been irritated with/pissed off at?
(September 26, 2018 at 12:22 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Is there anyone Thumper hasn't irritated/pissed off or been irritated with/pissed off at?

Hilarious The same could be said for myself, sometimes. The same goes for Hammy/Evie. Shit happens.
[Image: welcomorientation.JPG]

WELCOME! I'm Nay Sayer and I will be your guide to the fun-filled workings of AF forums. We are a for-profit campus but we'll get to dues later. Now you should have received an orientation pamphlet, Now I know it may be thicker than 'War and Peace' but that is only because it's chock full of fun facts, tricks, and tidbits!

[1] Let's start with name colors, You may find some members have green names like Shell B, No need to worry this is just a neat little reminder that they have the Z virus and you should not let them Bite, Gnaw or nibble on any part of your body. Now a purple name means this member will always offer you any kind of jam when asked (Seasonal jams exempt). Please remember it's one Jam jar per month.

In section two will be covering Trolls and their *ahem* special needs* Like Drich and Lil Rik.

Announcement to staff: Some new arrivals have lost their orientation pamphlets, please make sure everyone gets one.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Reporting for headcount.

I'm just glad that there's a welcoming place willing to take us in.

(September 26, 2018 at 12:39 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: In section two will be covering Trolls and their *ahem* special needs* Like Drich and Lil Rik.

Oh, I remember Drich from TTA.  He's just such a special little flower.
Being an antipistevist is like being an antipastovist, only with epistemic responsibility instead of bruschetta.

Ignore list includes: 1 douche bag (Drich)
(September 26, 2018 at 12:39 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: WELCOME! I'm Nay Sayer and I will be your guide to the fun-filled workings of AF forums. We are a for-profit campus but we'll get to dues later. Now you should have received an orientation pamphlet, Now I know it may be thicker than 'War and Peace' but that is only because it's chock full of fun facts, tricks, and tidbits!

[1] Let's start with name colors, You may find some members have green names like Shell B, No need to worry this is just a neat little reminder that they have the Z virus and you should not let them Bite, Gnaw or nibble on any part of your body. Now a purple name means this member will always offer you any kind of jam when asked (Seasonal jams exempt). Please remember it's one Jam jar per month.

In section two will be covering Trolls and their *ahem* special needs* Like Drich and Lil Rik.

Announcement to staff: Some new arrivals have lost their orientation pamphlets, please make sure everyone gets one.

1 Jam, please!
(September 26, 2018 at 12:20 pm)Shell B Wrote: After lurking in the closing threads over at TTA, I have to apologize if people have been scared off coming here with their friends by warnings from Thump and Evie. Obviously, their statements about conflicts they've had with me are one-sided. I'm not going to rehash those arguments or even defend myself from their criticisms. However, I will say that anyone who wants to come here and give it a try will not be met with the sort of problems they've described. They can come try the place out for themselves. If not, I hope they find another place to talk with like-minded people and debate with theists. We may not be cautious of people's feelings around here, but we too are a community of friends and loved ones. We know what it's like to love a forum, as strange as that may seem.

It should also be noted that neither of them were banned from here. They left on their own accord.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1907 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Yet Another Refugee Paleophyte 23 2495 November 18, 2018 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  <----- Another TTA refugee devilsadvoc8 29 2050 October 1, 2018 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hello...refugee Minimalist 46 13206 July 26, 2012 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  RDF Refugee Chad Farris 20 3735 March 10, 2010 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious