Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 10:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas.
RE: Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas.
Earlier in the thread, Chad said that, even if the allegations were true, he doesn't think it should disqualify Kavanaugh because it happened when Kavanaugh was a minor, and we shouldn't hold that against a person for the rest of his life.

I daresay that Chad wasn't factoring in the fact that Kavanaugh has been denying it. However, when I responded to the same question, I noted that technically it applied now after the denials, and so I would be against Kavanaugh in that case.

Same question, different interpretations, different answers. It happens.

(September 28, 2018 at 10:05 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: There's a difference between giving a statement and being interrogated. I've been interrogated, you'd be surprised (apparently) at the details a skillful questioner can turn up that you might not have consciously recalled until the interviewer noticed something in your statement and had a chance to press you for more details. When you have to give an answer on the spot vs. mulling it over with great deliberation. In my case, I remembered a detail that led to investigators discovering key evidence, and it was something I barely noticed at the time (whether a key was missing from a keyboard, which placed the keyboard in the car they had found the key in).

The FBI are actually pretty good at their job, AM.

You mean the FBI who have done multiple background checks on Kavanaugh already, and missed that he was a serial rapist in high school and college?
As a victim who was never able to report my abuse, I am sickened by the behavior of those in the committee who have refused to follow the rules of the committee, starting with the first day of this confirmation hearing.

I am at a loss for words and thoroughly disgusted.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 28, 2018 at 9:57 am)alpha male Wrote:
(September 28, 2018 at 9:55 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: What?!

Huh?!

Jorm said '"The most remarkable number in the Marist poll: A 54 percent majority of Republicans said Kavanaugh should be confirmed even if Ford's allegations are true."

I can't find in any of Jorm's comments about the poll, between bringing it up and you saying Jorm added Kavanaugh being a liar, Jorm actually adding anything about Kavanaugh being a liar.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(September 28, 2018 at 10:08 am)Joods Wrote: As a victim who was never able to report my abuse, I am sickened by the behavior of those in the committee who have refused to follow the rules of the committee, starting with the first day of this confirmation hearing.

You mean like Feinstein?

@Mister Agenda:

(September 28, 2018 at 8:42 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: alpha, that 54% of Republicans would vote to confirm Kavanaugh even if Ford's allegations are true and Kavanaugh is a liar is ethically inexcusable.  I don't know that this makes them less than human, but something is very wrong with them.  That you continue to defend them as if this were not the case makes something very wrong with you.

Emphasis addded.
For fuck's sake just put another dumb conservative without rape accusations on the Court. I'm sure they can find plenty of other qualified judges who dont think a president should be liable for his crimes.

Kavanaugh is a conservative operative, not a goody bipartisan, upstanding citizen. Groomed for years to be in this position. They're mad their efforts are being wasted.

I feel bad for his family though, that's for damn sure.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(September 28, 2018 at 10:05 am)alpha male Wrote: You mean the FBI who have done multiple background checks on Kavanaugh already, and missed that he was a serial rapist in high school and college?

Yes, though an imperfect institution that often drops the ball on the routine, they can be frighteningly effective once they're on the scent. There's a difference between sending a couple of agents around to ask routine questions, and turning a neighborhood upside down to find answers when you know what the question is.

I was not aware that Kavanaugh was accused of being a serial rapist. Can you tell me more about that? I thought the worst he was accused of was groping and attempted sexual assault.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(September 28, 2018 at 10:16 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Yes, though an imperfect institution that often drops the ball on the routine, they can be frighteningly effective once they're on the scent. There's a difference between sending a couple of agents around to ask routine questions, and turning a neighborhood upside down to find answers when you know what the question is.

I was not aware that Kavanaugh was accused of being a serial rapist. Can you tell me more about that? I thought the worst he was accused of was groping and attempted sexual assault.

The second accuser implied that he was a serial rapist, because she saw him in line waiting for his turn to rape a drugged girl in a rape room. She saw this numerous times, but kept going to the parties, until she was a victim herself (but Kavanaugh, although at that rape party, didn't participate). Go figure.
(September 28, 2018 at 10:11 am)alpha male Wrote:
(September 28, 2018 at 10:08 am)Joods Wrote: As a victim who was never able to report my abuse, I am sickened by the behavior of those in the committee who have refused to follow the rules of the committee, starting with the first day of this confirmation hearing.

You mean like Feinstein?

You have no proof that she did anything other than honor Dr. Ford's request to keep this confidential. The fact that you blindly believe the accusations of this being a smear campaign yet you overlook Dr. Ford's credibility makes you a horrible person. Go play with metal in an open field during a thunderstorm.
I sincerely hope that none of your daughters (you have more than one, I think) ever have to face a day where they will end up suffering the consequences from decisions made today, that will no doubt have an impact on their rights in the future. Fuck you, fuck you and FUCK YOU.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 28, 2018 at 10:19 am)Joods Wrote: You have no proof that she did anything other than honor Dr. Ford's request to keep this confidential. The fact that you blindly believe the accusations of this being a smear campaign yet you overlook Dr. Ford's credibility makes you a horrible person. Go play with metal in an open field during a thunderstorm.
I sincerely hope that none of your daughters (you have more than one, I think) ever have to face a day where they will end up suffering the consequences from decisions made today, that will no doubt have an impact on their rights in the future. Fuck you, fuck you and FUCK YOU.

Am I less than human? If a lefty killed me, would that be OK because I'm not even human?
(September 28, 2018 at 10:23 am)alpha male Wrote:
(September 28, 2018 at 10:19 am)Joods Wrote: You have no proof that she did anything other than honor Dr. Ford's request to keep this confidential. The fact that you blindly believe the accusations of this being a smear campaign yet you overlook Dr. Ford's credibility makes you a horrible person. Go play with metal in an open field during a thunderstorm.

Am I less than human? If a lefty killed me, would that be OK because I'm not even human?

If a lefty killed you, I would expect our justice system to do the right thing and lock the lefty away for the rest of their life. 

You however, don't even stop to consider for one second that the republican party that you love so much, is so filled with hate for a victim, that they blatantly ignore everything that calls for decency in this matter from refusal to allow for the discovery of the other 96% of the documentation on this nominee to flat out re-victimizing the victim by accusing the dems of an unprovable smear campaign  - just so they can fill a SC seat and keep 45 happy. 

One can only hope that this is the wake up call that every single female republican in the United States needs, to push these nasty, vile, white, male republicans out of their offices when it is time to vote on their re-elections. Republicans repeatedly excuse this away and praise and lift up Kavanaugh anyway - regardless of the fact that any other witnesses that could have testified, were not allowed to. Witnesses that were willing to testify but were denied the opportunity by the republicans.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2902 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Canadian Army To Join UN Peacekeeping Operation In Mali Amarok 14 1553 March 20, 2018 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Join the NRA! Gawdzilla Sama 20 4950 October 7, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Should Join AARP - I Certainly Qualify! Minimalist 4 1357 June 16, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sinn Fein staffer with IRA links to join Jeremy Corbyn's team account_inactive 9 2782 December 15, 2016 at 10:29 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Americans who join ISIS. Anomalocaris 2 1409 September 11, 2014 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist