Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 8:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas.
RE: Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas.
Quote:It would make too much sense for these guys.... they prefer over emotional drama!
I'm going to give you a chance to rethink the absurdity of this statement  Dodgy

(October 5, 2018 at 12:22 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 10:31 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: It would make too much sense for these guys.... they prefer over emotional drama!

Actually if we preferred emotional drama, we'd have reason to support Trump's nominee.  But we don't.
What careful making sense and using reason will break Road he thinks only in terms of absurdity or simplicity
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Alyssa Milano brought up a fair point during her interview with Chris Cuomo tonight: Why has there been no defamation lawsuit filed by Kavanaugh? She further goes on to say that filing a lawsuit of this type is a page right out of Trump's playbook. Clearly, if Kavanaugh didn't do anything Ford claims he did, he would be suing Ford and others for defamation. He's all but claimed that his life has been ruined and his character defamed anyway, so why not file?

I'd like to add for anyone who didn't watch that interview, that Milano brought it up because of how Kavanaugh behaved during the first ten minutes of his opening statement when he testified. Basically, if Kavanaugh is so distraught and upset over this, instead of continuing with a barrage of emotional outbursts, why doesn't get off his ass and sue Ford?

My guess is probably he knows the jig is up and he's guilty of what he's being accused of doing.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 4, 2018 at 1:36 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 12:48 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: "Ranking Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein called it an "incomplete investigation," adding that "the most notable part of this report is what's not in it"."

Yeah, like corroboration of any of the charges.

Like the party appearing on Bretts Calendar. Or other people remembering the party. And his criminal record for drunken bad behaviour. Stuff like that you mean.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote:Yeah, like corroboration of any of the charges
Of which several came forward but were not interviewed by the FBI making the "through " investigation a sham  .But of course you don't really care about that .

(October 5, 2018 at 4:38 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 1:36 pm)alpha male Wrote: Yeah, like corroboration of any of the charges.

Like the party appearing on Bretts Calendar. Or other people remembering the party. And his criminal record for drunken bad behaviour. Stuff like that you mean.
Oh but that's all extra dumb  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(October 5, 2018 at 1:33 am)Joods Wrote: Alyssa Milano brought up a fair point during her interview with Chris Cuomo tonight: Why has there been no defamation lawsuit filed by Kavanaugh?

Uh, because people like her would accuse him of bullying if he did so maybe?

(October 5, 2018 at 4:38 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Like the party appearing on Bretts Calendar.

A party with Blasey on his calendar? Do tell...

Quote:Or other people remembering the party.

Who?

Quote:And his criminal record for drunken bad behaviour.

Really? Let's hear more about that.
And more Beta Fail  Dodgy

Inuit Proverb

(October 4, 2018 at 6:18 pm)Joods Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 5:59 pm)alpha male Wrote:

Speaking of being wrong, some people from Kavanaugh's school have confirmed that Devil's Triangle was indeed a drinking game there.

I like how you didn't bother to provide a link, so I found one myself. And yes, four former classmates have now come out and backed up Kavanaugh's claims of the game being a drinking game. 

Quote:In the letters submitted Thursday, however, former Georgetown Prep students said Kavanaugh's description of "devil's triangle" was correct

And on the other hand, you have this from the same article which comes right before the above quote: 

Quote:Some, including Kavanaugh's former college roommate, have disputed Kavanaugh's claims about phrases like "devil's triangle." Both a former football team manager and a man who overlapped with Kavanaugh at Georgetown Prep told that they did not accept Kavanaugh's account either.

So there's people who agree with Kavanaugh and people who refute what he said. This shouldn't be a shocker.

To be more accurate with your final sentence:

There are people who have been paid, pressurised or otherwise incentivised to agree with Kavanaugh. There are others who are telling the truth.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Speaking of pressure, the WSJ is reporting that Keyser was pressured by McLean to soften her statement.
(October 4, 2018 at 10:28 pm)Lek Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 9:54 pm)Joods Wrote: If confirmed, I highly doubt he will be able to conduct himself properly. We've all been witness to his tantrum. People want to excuse his behavior last Thursday and say, well, he was accused of this that and the other thing. It's only right that he respond the way he did. 

Ford was sexually assaulted. She testified calmly, bravely and like a mature adult. He did not. If he was worth his salt as a judge, he blew it that day with many people because of how he behaved. He threw any shred of dignity he had out the window when he attacked everyone who wasn't a republican, showing that he is not fit to serve because he cannot be impartial. 

It would have been nice to see him respond differently, more mature maybe. And I think that how he responded has been a key issue for many people here. It is one of the reasons why many don't think he's fit to serve. And this is sad because instead of being looked at for his judicial record, he's being looked at for how he has acted this last week. He really dug his own grave on this. His last minute op-ed is just simply a last ditch effort to save face, really.

I don't see justifiable anger as a bad trait at all.  Has anybody brought up any instances of uncontrolled behavior on the bench in his career as a judge?  Maybe if we could see a pattern of such behavior it should be considered.

I know you're creaming it because it looks like Dumbfuck's got his Roland Friesler, but could you please have the dignity to stop doing it in public?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(October 5, 2018 at 5:56 am)alpha male Wrote:
(October 5, 2018 at 1:33 am)Joods Wrote: Alyssa Milano brought up a fair point during her interview with Chris Cuomo tonight: Why has there been no defamation lawsuit filed by Kavanaugh?

Uh, because people like her would accuse him of bullying if he did so maybe?
Or maybe because he's scared to perjure himself...  Angel
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2902 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Canadian Army To Join UN Peacekeeping Operation In Mali Amarok 14 1553 March 20, 2018 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Join the NRA! Gawdzilla Sama 20 4951 October 7, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Should Join AARP - I Certainly Qualify! Minimalist 4 1357 June 16, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sinn Fein staffer with IRA links to join Jeremy Corbyn's team account_inactive 9 2782 December 15, 2016 at 10:29 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Americans who join ISIS. Anomalocaris 2 1409 September 11, 2014 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist