Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 12:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence for a god. Do you have any ?
RE: Evidence for a god. Do you have any ?
(December 26, 2018 at 7:37 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote:
(December 26, 2018 at 2:54 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Interesting topic and question.  Atheists are proof that "God" or "gods" exist.  

That's easily the silliest thing I've heard all week.  Gratz.

Subjective.  Just like most of your other statements.  It applies to you and anybody else you can convince to follow your said belief.  Aside from that, there's really no value.

(December 26, 2018 at 7:13 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

While I get the whole 'No black swan' thing (Yay Australian wildlife! Big Grin )

The whole 'My word use is litteral' is going to take some sentence restructuring.

Since, in general parlance, your image is of a Rhinoceros and not the afore mentioned horned equine.

Right, but both are "unicorns."  One is conceptual (presumably) and one is not.  If you originally state equine, then we can assume it is the former.  If you don't specify, then it's open to interpretation.

(December 26, 2018 at 7:50 pm)polymath257 Wrote:
(December 26, 2018 at 7:01 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: I don't believe they do, but I don't make assertions about their existence either.  The day I do I'll probably find a herd of them flying over my backyard. Smile

So, once again, you can distinguish the difference between the existence of a concept and the existence of the object of that concept. Having the concept of a flying horse doens't imply the existence of such. Same goes for deities.

It implies the existence of it conceptually.  I thought we already went through this.   If you suggest it exists naturally, then that's a whole different category.  If you say it exists supernaturally, that's  also another category.  More than likely, we would use different means for identifying and assessing each based on the category it falls under.   If you don't think that's fair, then feel free to disagree.  If not, then how would you suggest we assess evidence for anything categorized as being supernatural?
Quote:Subjective.  Just like most of your other statements.  It applies to you and anybody else you can convince to follow your said belief.  Aside from that, there's really no value.
Nope he's right your statement was legit silly
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 26, 2018 at 10:03 pm)Amarok Wrote:
Quote:Subjective.  Just like most of your other statements.  It applies to you and anybody else you can convince to follow your said belief.  Aside from that, there's really no value.
Nope he's right your statement was legit silly

Nope.  Smile
At work.

What I'm trying to convey T0 th3 M4X is that your sentence structure is going to have to adjust so as to allow we readers to better understand you.

You'll have to expand your word usage to better describe your concepts.

Since when you posted the word 'Unicorn'. Your use did not match general or 'Average' use.
(December 26, 2018 at 10:34 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(December 26, 2018 at 10:03 pm)Amarok Wrote: Nope he's right your statement was legit silly

Nope.  Smile
Yup
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 26, 2018 at 11:16 pm)Amarok Wrote:
(December 26, 2018 at 10:34 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Nope.  Smile
Yup

Next up:

Duck Season vs Rabbit Season

Atheist argument 3.1 - The Daffy Duck Logical Fallacy Smile

(December 26, 2018 at 9:35 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(December 26, 2018 at 7:37 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: That's easily the silliest thing I've heard all week.  Gratz.

Subjective.  Just like most of your other statements.  It applies to you and anybody else you can convince to follow your said belief.  Aside from that, there's really no value.
Learn a new trick, you're boring.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 26, 2018 at 11:37 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote:
(December 26, 2018 at 9:35 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Subjective.  Just like most of your other statements.  It applies to you and anybody else you can convince to follow your said belief.  Aside from that, there's really no value.
Learn a new trick, you're boring.

And you don't make any sense.  But it's okay for yourself and anybody you can convince that your nonsense is a piece of gold.  Aside from that, everybody else should bring a shovel.
(December 26, 2018 at 11:33 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(December 26, 2018 at 11:16 pm)Amarok Wrote: Yup

Next up:

Nope more your is silly and makes zero sense and no amount of saying "that's your opinion" changes that.

And it's not a fallacy to state a fact when it is a fact that it's a silly statement to say atheists prove god

Quote:And you don't make any sense.  But it's okay for yourself and anybody you can convince that your nonsense is a piece of gold.  Aside from that, everybody else should bring a shovel.
Nope the opposite your statement was what was nonsense and he doesn't need to convince anyone of this as it's clear that it was a nonsense statement and it is gold while your statement retains it's status as nonsense .

Quote:t implies the existence of it conceptually.  I thought we already went through this.   If you suggest it exists naturally, then that's a whole different category.  If you say it exists supernaturally, that's  also another category.  More than likely, we would use different means for identifying and assessing each based on the category it falls under.   If you don't think that's fair, then feel free to disagree.  If not, then how would you suggest we assess evidence for anything categorized as being supernatural?
This presumes concepts have any external reality and this assumes that ant such category exists and that it requires a whole new standard. not to mention this seems like a get out of evidence free card.

Inuit Proverb

(December 27, 2018 at 12:32 am)Amarok Wrote:
(December 26, 2018 at 11:33 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Next up:

Nope more your is silly and makes zero sense and no amount of saying "that's your opinion" changes that.

And it's not a fallacy to state a fact when it is a fact that it's a silly statement to say atheists prove god

Quote:And you don't make any sense.  But it's okay for yourself and anybody you can convince that your nonsense is a piece of gold.  Aside from that, everybody else should bring a shovel.
Nope the opposite your statement was what was nonsense and he doesn't need to convince anyone of this as it's clear that it was a nonsense statement and it is gold while your statement retains it's status as nonsense .

Quote:t implies the existence of it conceptually.  I thought we already went through this.   If you suggest it exists naturally, then that's a whole different category.  If you say it exists supernaturally, that's  also another category.  More than likely, we would use different means for identifying and assessing each based on the category it falls under.   If you don't think that's fair, then feel free to disagree.  If not, then how would you suggest we assess evidence for anything categorized as being supernatural?
This presumes concepts have any external reality and this assumes that ant such category exists and that it requires a whole new standard. not to mention this seems like a get out of evidence free card.

Nope.  There are clearly three separate categories.  Conceptualized existence (Regarded in thought as existing), natural existence (Something observable in the natural world), and supernatural existence (supersedes natural existence).   No card here, but there's no purpose of providing evidence on something if there's no explanation of what would be considered evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 34 2784 July 17, 2024 at 7:34 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Do you have any interest in the philosophies of introflection pioneered by Buddhism? Authari 67 4616 January 12, 2024 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 3587 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 4715 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 6607 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Mike Litorus owns god without any verses no one 3 524 July 9, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 12408 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 4051 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1198 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 3080 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball