Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 1:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behading
RE: Behading
(May 26, 2020 at 9:02 am)Deesse23 Wrote: The islamist seems to operate under the false assumption that cruel punishment is ok when is institutionalized.
He is too ignorant to understand that chopping hands off is the problem, not the (lack) of jury.

What do you call someone who doesn't know the 101s of a civilized society? A barbarian!

Kind of harsh on the barbarians there bud. They probably would take offense to be lumped in with this guy..

I prefer to refer to this guy as a nozzle.
My apologies, to all uncvilized barbarians Blush
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(May 26, 2020 at 8:39 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 26, 2020 at 7:48 am)WinterHold Wrote: To make a society clear of robberies, the act of stealing must have a harsh consequence.
I stressed out that judgement's environment to have a council that judge, acting as the "jury". A jury of 10 or 20 people picked randomly in each case and the vote of each to carry out the sentence or not would make the mutilation sentence "more fair".

The Quran stated that the jury is essential in here:

The affair must be determined for a Muslim via consultation among other Muslims. So nobody would ever be sentenced in a just court without a jury -notice that this jury is explicitly defined by the word "among themselves"-.

Just so you know; this verse is enough to send all totalitarian systems to the garbage under Islam.

What Nudger said.  The way to reduce crime is to improve society, not to chop bits off of criminals.

Boru

But you can't improve society when you have criminals robbing and killing. Yes; society must be improved at all times but also criminals need to be punished so they don't demolish the progress.
Quote:But you can't improve society when you have criminals robbing and killing. Yes; society must be improved at all times but also criminals need to be punished so they don't demolish the progress.
False dichotomy. Civilization can reject your ineffective and barbaric methods and still deal with crime . Focusing on punishment doesn't work .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(May 26, 2020 at 9:20 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(May 26, 2020 at 9:02 am)Deesse23 Wrote: The islamist seems to operate under the false assumption that cruel punishment is ok when is institutionalized.
He is too ignorant to understand that chopping hands off is the problem, not the (lack) of jury.

What do you call someone who doesn't know the 101s of a civilized society? A barbarian!

Chopping off hands, stonings, flying jetliners into buildings, etc.  - perfectly acceptable as long as the Western terrorists aren't the ones doing it...apparently.

Stoning doesn't exist in the Quran as a sentence.
9/11 too.
Western terrorists use way heavier and devastating airstrikes and atomic bombs.
Quote:Stoning doesn't exist in the Quran as a sentence.
Yet muslim countries do it none the less 

Quote:9/11 too.
Yet Muslims did it 

Quote:Western terrorists use way heavier and devastating airstrikes and atomic bombs.
Killing is killing and the atomic bomb was used when no other acceptable options were available. Muslim nation use airstrikes too with even less restraint . So this sad attempt at whataboutism fails .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

This guy wants us chopping off hands and beheading people, then balks at a pedestrian stoning.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 26, 2020 at 10:04 am)SUNGULA Wrote:
Quote:Stoning doesn't exist in the Quran as a sentence.
Yet muslim countries do it none the less 

Sure, adulterers are regularly stoned in Islamic countries, especially women, because stoning was part of the Quran and even though this verse has dropped out of the "perfect" book, it has not dropped out of the memories of Islamic jurists.

For instance, Umar, one of Muhammad’s early companions and the second caliph, insisted that it had originally been in the Koran, had been practiced by Muhammad, and was the will of Allah.

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/86/56
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(May 26, 2020 at 11:09 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: This guy wants us chopping off hands and beheading people, then balks at a pedestrian stoning.

Well, you have to have some standards.

It's the removal of body parts that's acceptable...not bruising and breakage.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I'm just trying to figure out what the standard is, lol. The comparisons in these threads reduce the message to ambiguity. Does Winter think that our western system isn't barbaric enough?

He keeps telling us that civilization requires punishments in excess of what western ethics has determined acceptable, and...more and more, punishments that don't appear to be practical in any sense of the term.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!