Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 11:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roger Penrose is a hack
RE: Roger Penrose is a hack
That's exactly what I'm asking you.

Do you mean to express to the boards that you're agnostic about there being three distinct little globes, three worlds in that sense?

Or do you mean to tell us that you're unsure of whether there is reality, unsure of whether we model reality, and unsure of whether we have an experience of reality..those "three worlds"...?

What are you agnostic about, exactly?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 2, 2020 at 8:58 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: That's exactly what I'm asking you.  

Do you mean to express to the boards that you're agnostic about there being three distinct little globes, three worlds in that sense?  

Or do you mean to tell us that you're unsure of whether there is  reality, unsure of whether we model reality, and unsure of whether we have an experience of reality..those "three worlds"...?

What are you agnostic about, exactly?
Or he's jus here to troll and not actually contribute anything .Thinking he's owning the evil unbelievers in the name of WLC .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 2, 2020 at 8:58 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Do you mean to express to the boards that you're agnostic about there being three distinct little globes, three worlds in that sense?

Are you really this ignorant of the subject matter or are you trolling? Do you think Roger Penrose believes there are three globes in the sky?

Quote:What are you agnostic about, exactly?

The nature of reality in general.
(June 2, 2020 at 9:02 am)brokenreflector Wrote:
(June 2, 2020 at 8:58 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Do you mean to express to the boards that you're agnostic about there being three distinct little globes, three worlds in that sense?

Are you really this ignorant of the subject matter or are you trolling? Do you think Roger Penrose believes there are three globes in the sky?
No, I don't.  It's just good to have some clarity as to whether or not we're on the same page here.  

Quote:
Quote:What are you agnostic about, exactly?

The nature of reality in general.
Then you're not agnostic about whether there is reality, our models of reality, and our experience of reality.  You misspoke.  That helps alot.  Telling people that you're agnostic about that is going to leave alot of people scratching their heads.  Whereas telling people that you aren't certain of the nature of reality, less so, Dolores.

It would seem self evident that there is a reality, and for reality to have a nature to wonder about, there must be.
It would seem self evident that we model reality through abstraction, even if inaccurate.
It would seem self evident that we have an experience of reality, even if in error.

They just don't seem like the kinds of things a person could conceivably be agnostic about.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 2, 2020 at 9:10 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: No, I don't.  It's just good to have some clarity as to whether or not we're on the same page here.

Honestly, it sounds like you took some drugs before talking to me. Your thought process is all garbled.

Quote:Then you're not agnostic about whether there is reality, our models of reality..

Originally I told you, "Not really. I remain agnostic about the whole three world thing." Then I wrote I'm agnostic about the nature of reality. So, I'm not sure where you're getting that I mispoke. But let's say I did. What in the fuck is your point? You sound like a crackhead who is pretending to be some kind of intellectual guru. Are you wearing a fidora right now and smoking meth out of a corn-cob pipe?
Well, if I asked you what day it was and you said "green!"......a person might wonder if you were smoking meth and/or crack (why choose!) from a corncob pipe. Fedora optional.

That's why I asked for clarity. You said that you were agnostic about "the whole three world thing"...and I asked if you were really unsure of whether there was reality, really unsure of whether we had models of reality, and really unsure of whether you had an experience of reality. You've indicated that you were unsure about the nature of reality, rather than "the whole three world thing".

I'm just trying to keep you on topic and help you to accurately express your thoughts on a subject that you decided to create a thread about. You're welcome.
(June 2, 2020 at 9:30 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Well, if I asked you what day it was and you said "green!"......a person might wonder if you were smoking meth and/or crack (why choose!) from a corncob pipe.  Fedora optional.  

That's why I asked for clarity.  You said that you were agnostic about "the whole three world thing"...and I asked if you were really unsure of whether there was reality, really unsure of whether we had models of reality, and really unsure of whether you had an experience of reality.  You've indicated that you were unsure about the nature of reality, rather than "the whole three world thing".  

I'm just trying to keep you on topic and help you to accurately express your thoughts on a subject that you decided to create a thread about.  You're welcome.

You're not helping anyone. You sound like somebody with Down's syndrome trying to pretend that they're a philosophy professor. It's fucking hilarious though so keep it up.
I can only help you if you let me. Always been your call.
(June 2, 2020 at 9:40 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: I can only help you if you let me.  Always been your call.

I don't want any of your meth and your breath stank.
Well, okay. Have fun yelling at the clouds, for as long as you remain, I guess?