Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Watchmaker: my fav argument
RE: The Watchmaker: my fav argument
I'm more generous than they are. They think you're incompetent. I just think you got a few facts wrong.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Your generosity sounds a lot like doublespeak. But I've been told to be charitable when there's a disconnect between your words and your meaning.
Which would you prefer? The interpretation in which you're incompetent, or the one in which you're wrong?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The interpretation in which you say its been falsified because you believe it's been falsified. Obviously.
Religious people should be aware that Intelligent design does a terrible disservice to God since, for starters, this designer was pleased to design only microorganisms for nearly 2 billion years of Earth's history. Even in the Cambrian, he was not yet interested in designing a vertebrate.

Then Intelligent design casts him as a magician who periodically creates and destroys creatures, habitats, and ecosystems millions of times over, throughout the geologic ages, with the sole purpose of producing the human species.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 22, 2021 at 6:31 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote: What else am I supposed to do on a forum lol?

How about speaking for yourself?  For a change.

You spew quotes from others and remind us frequently that you study psychology, which is frightening, by the way.

You rely on the words of others and you really never say anything.  Since I have been active on this forum you have talked in circles and seldom come out with a direct answer of your own.  It appears that you talk just to hear yourself talk.  Luckily that means one person is impressed by you.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Psychology, frightening. Noted.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 23, 2021 at 4:48 am)Eleven Wrote: Psychology, frightening. Noted.

Psychology isn't frightening.  That Breezy seems to be headed in that direction for a career is.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Here's a video refuting the claim of irreducible complexity in machines that if you take one piece out of the machine it stops being functional

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 23, 2021 at 12:04 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: I'm more generous than they are.  They think you're incompetent.  I just think you got a few facts wrong.
True

(March 23, 2021 at 12:14 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Which would you prefer?  The interpretation in which you're incompetent, or the one in which you're wrong?

Does it really matter?
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blind Watchmaker - Preface Daystar 18 7064 December 16, 2008 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: CoxRox