Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 12:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Serious] PSA: Rape Apologetics
RE: PSA: Rape Apologetics
(July 19, 2021 at 7:34 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Interesting, which type of “free speech” he’s defending and which he’s requesting be closed down. 🙄

Especially considering that he was all gung-ho to use the topic for it's purpose of discussion and clarification earlier.

I'd still like an answer, @HappySkeptic to the deep, important discussions you're not able to have here due to the current rules and bannings.

Quote:Do you belive a person should be afforded due process?
Irrelevant question
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 19, 2021 at 7:32 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(July 19, 2021 at 4:31 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote: I vote for a thread closure.  It serves no useful purpose beyond the original rule change announcement.

Oh, so rape apology is free speech that should be protected here, but a discussion about forum rules is where you draw the line? 

You can’t make this shit up.

There is no discussion required - you made a rule.  You enforce a rule.  End of story.  IA tried to discuss the rule, and his own comments banned him.  I don't agree with his banning, but that doesn't mean there is anything to discuss, except perhaps the definition of rape apologetics - which would probably lead to more bans or epithets thrown at people.
(July 19, 2021 at 8:19 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote:
(July 19, 2021 at 7:32 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Oh, so rape apology is free speech that should be protected here, but a discussion about forum rules is where you draw the line? 

You can’t make this shit up.

There is no discussion required - you made a rule.  You enforce a rule.  End of story.

Glad we’re clear on that.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(July 19, 2021 at 2:28 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote: Do you realize how badly some people are treated here by other posters?  Its surprising to me that some are still around.

I take periodic breaks from the forum. It helps.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 19, 2021 at 8:04 pm)Helios Wrote:
Quote:Do you belive a person should be afforded due process?
Irrelevant question

Don't dodge, answer the question.
(July 19, 2021 at 10:32 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:
(July 19, 2021 at 8:04 pm)Helios Wrote: Irrelevant question

It's not a dodge. Your question is irrelevant.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 19, 2021 at 10:32 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:
(July 19, 2021 at 8:04 pm)Helios Wrote: Irrelevant question

This really isn't relevent to this thread.

I'll answer...yes, I think everyone should have due process.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(July 19, 2021 at 10:45 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(July 19, 2021 at 10:32 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: Don't dodge, answer the question.

This really isn't relevent to this thread.

I'll answer...yes, I think everyone should have due process.

The question is relevant, if you belive Cosby should of been afforded due process then you are considered to be a rape apologist... That's why we need a clear definition.
It’s pretty clear that’s not what rape apologism is….

-it’s only a matter of time.

There are probably folks who can’t override their compulsions in this world. Not for forum rules or , really, anything else. I suppose it’s unfortunate if a person feels compelled to swirl around this issue when the rules are firmly set against it. It’s not genuine malice that leads to action in those events, and it’s unclear that s person would ever recognize their mistake.

In an ideal world, those people would inhabit places that allow for the conversation to turn into that sort of cesspool..but then again, in an ideal world, that cesspool wouldn’t contain victims of the crime, either.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information PSA: Walls of text arewethereyet 8 509 July 16, 2024 at 7:00 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  PSA: Added to threats rule arewethereyet 10 3610 July 13, 2024 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  PSA: NSFW tags Nay_Sayer 14 1650 March 2, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  PSA: Hate Speech, rule 7 arewethereyet 24 3609 September 21, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  PSA: PLEASE READ BrianSoddingBoru4 117 14100 June 28, 2023 at 7:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 8916 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  PSA: Post time limits arewethereyet 6 2789 April 22, 2022 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Silver
  PSA: The Necroposting Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 42 8450 April 6, 2022 at 3:03 pm
  PSA - Clarification of rule #3 on doxxing. arewethereyet 18 4621 November 17, 2021 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  PSA: The Spam Filter BrianSoddingBoru4 2 2077 June 3, 2021 at 8:56 am