Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 24, 2024, 11:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subsequent truths
RE: Subsequent truths
(November 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm)Godschild Wrote: Just because he has a arm missing doesn't mean God does not care, you are being ridiculous. Being that God sees the future He would know best what your friend needs to make his life better, I know that having both arms would be great from our perspective but, we can not see into the future, your friend should understand this since he's a christian

So does god just generalise then? Millions of amputees and not one has had a limb grown back. Surely one of them could be a special case?

Yet the fucking fucker will grow back tails on skinks, limbs on starfish, eyes on conchs, antlers on deer, claws on crayfish and lobsters, tails on zebrafish, and all sorts of limbs on salamanders! None of these creatures are xtian, none of them give a monkeys nuts whether god is real, none of them, despite being created by him worship him. These animals are not required to have faith and they get all the good stuff?

Are you kidding me Mr Xtian? Devil

Quote: If God grew back his arm would that not eliminate faith and faith is central to Christianity, but that is beyond your understanding, I hope it's not for your friend.

So, let me get this right...your mate upstairs would not grow back this persons arm because it would stop this person believing in him? Probably would, because this person would KNOW god then, and surely that is even more beneficial than simply "believing in him"? Can you tell me, is it your silly sky man that is insane, or is it you?

You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(November 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(November 21, 2011 at 12:49 am)aleialoura Wrote:
(November 21, 2011 at 12:00 am)Godschild Wrote: I'm sorry that you have not come to know, there is always hope though nothing is impossible with God.

Nothing is impossible with God? Really? Because I know a really good guy, devout Christian, loves god.... He's prayed and prayed but he is still missing his left arm. Couldn't God grow his arm back? Doesn't he love this guy and want him to have his arm back? You're god isn't even real. If he is, he's terribly cruel.

Quote:First of all I was not talking about a rapture, it is death I'm talking about, these fragile bodies will soon be worm food. Second I do not believe in a rapture because the scriptures do not speak of one nor do they even suggest it. I do not know if Christ will be back in my life time nor even the next generation, I do know this He will return and then everyone will see the truth.

The scriptures do talk about it. There is a whole book dedicated to it. Are you sure you've read it?

Thinking

Show me where scripture even mentions a rapture of the church, where in scripture is the word rapture. Please enlighten me.

Well, that's easy because the word "rapture" is an old english word, meaning: the act of transporting a person from one sphere of existence to another, especially from earth to heaven.

Thessalonians 4:17 Wrote:Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

http://incaseoftherapture.com/2011/01/is...the-bible/

http://www.bibleprophesy.org/rev4.htm

Quote:Just because he has a arm missing doesn't mean God does not care, you are being ridiculous.

No. I am not being ridiculous. I am asking logical questions about your god that you have to do mental gymnastics to answer because, in reality, your god doesn't even exist. And if he does, and he is everything you say he is, then he's a heartless piece of shit.

Quote:Being that God sees the future He would know best what your friend needs to make his life better, I know that having both arms would be great from our perspective but, we can not see into the future, your friend should understand this since he's a christian. If God grew back his arm would that not eliminate faith and faith is central to Christianity, but that is beyond your understanding, I hope it's not for your friend.

What's beyond my understanding is how anyone could spout out this drivel and actually believe it.

(November 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm)Godschild Wrote: That's impossible for you, God does not concern Himself with such things. No preaching on my part, just your deluded mind working overtime.

Obviously he does concern himself with such things, otherwise I'd be allowed to do it. If he was not CONCERNED with it, it would be fine.

It must be fascinating to be in your brain for a day, constantly doing gymnastics, tying yourself up in knots like this.
(November 21, 2011 at 6:53 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote:
(November 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm)Godschild Wrote: Just because he has a arm missing doesn't mean God does not care, you are being ridiculous. Being that God sees the future He would know best what your friend needs to make his life better, I know that having both arms would be great from our perspective but, we can not see into the future, your friend should understand this since he's a christian

So does god just generalise then? Millions of amputees and not one has had a limb grown back. Surely one of them could be a special case?

Yet the fucking fucker will grow back tails on skinks, limbs on starfish, eyes on conchs, antlers on deer, claws on crayfish and lobsters, tails on zebrafish, and all sorts of limbs on salamanders! None of these creatures are xtian, none of them give a monkeys nuts whether god is real, none of them, despite being created by him worship him. These animals are not required to have faith and they get all the good stuff?

Are you kidding me Mr Xtian? Devil

Quote: If God grew back his arm would that not eliminate faith and faith is central to Christianity, but that is beyond your understanding, I hope it's not for your friend.

NAC Wrote:So, let me get this right...your mate upstairs would not grow back this persons arm because it would stop this person believing in him? Probably would, because this person would KNOW god then, and surely that is even more beneficial than simply "believing in him"? Can you tell me, is it your silly sky man that is insane, or is it you?

No, that's about the craziest thing you could have said. If an arm was grown back on a man praying for that miracle, then since that has never happened to a person before you would have the proof you want and that would eliminate faith.

God does not necessarily grow back these parts on animals, it is a biological condition for these animals, get real God doesn't desire the worship of animals as those you mentioned, and you can't know or not know if these animals know there is a God. Many animals seem to know when danger from things like earthquakes and ect. are at hand, so just maybe they do.
(November 21, 2011 at 7:09 pm)aleialoura Wrote:
(November 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(November 21, 2011 at 12:49 am)aleialoura Wrote:
(November 21, 2011 at 12:00 am)Godschild Wrote: I'm sorry that you have not come to know, there is always hope though nothing is impossible with God.

Nothing is impossible with God? Really? Because I know a really good guy, devout Christian, loves god.... He's prayed and prayed but he is still missing his left arm. Couldn't God grow his arm back? Doesn't he love this guy and want him to have his arm back? You're god isn't even real. If he is, he's terribly cruel.

Quote:First of all I was not talking about a rapture, it is death I'm talking about, these fragile bodies will soon be worm food. Second I do not believe in a rapture because the scriptures do not speak of one nor do they even suggest it. I do not know if Christ will be back in my life time nor even the next generation, I do know this He will return and then everyone will see the truth.

The scriptures do talk about it. There is a whole book dedicated to it. Are you sure you've read it?

Thinking

Show me where scripture even mentions a rapture of the church, where in scripture is the word rapture. Please enlighten me.

Well, that's easy because the word "rapture" is an old english word, meaning: the act of transporting a person from one sphere of existence to another, especially from earth to heaven.

Thessalonians 4:17 Wrote:Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

http://incaseoftherapture.com/2011/01/is...the-bible/

http://www.bibleprophesy.org/rev4.htm

Quote:Just because he has a arm missing doesn't mean God does not care, you are being ridiculous.

No. I am not being ridiculous. I am asking logical questions about your god that you have to do mental gymnastics to answer because, in reality, your god doesn't even exist. And if he does, and he is everything you say he is, then he's a heartless piece of shit.

Quote:Being that God sees the future He would know best what your friend needs to make his life better, I know that having both arms would be great from our perspective but, we can not see into the future, your friend should understand this since he's a christian. If God grew back his arm would that not eliminate faith and faith is central to Christianity, but that is beyond your understanding, I hope it's not for your friend.

aliealoura Wrote:What's beyond my understanding is how anyone could spout out this drivel and actually believe it.

It seems a lot is beyond your understanding.

You still have not shown me the word rapture in scripture, I doubt you even know what some christians mean by rapture, you should learn more about christianity before you try to dismiss it. What you have shown is the second coming and it has nothing to do with what some christians say about the rapture. After the second coming that's it, no more chances, judgement is on.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(November 21, 2011 at 7:47 pm)Godschild Wrote: No, that's about the craziest thing you could have said. If an arm was grown back on a man praying for that miracle, then since that has never happened to a person before you would have the proof you want and that would eliminate faith.

It would be a miracle. Bring it on.

Also, what is wrong with eliminating faith in god in favour of proving god through such a miracle? god seemingly exists just for us to worship him, that wouldn't change...

PS how can you call me crazy?

Quote:God does not necessarily grow back these parts on animals, it is a biological condition for these animals

I see, how can YOU differentiate between biological and god given? See that question is easy for me because in my realm only biological exists. For you, you've got an either or dilemma.

Quote:get real God doesn't desire the worship of animals as those you mentioned

How do you KNOW with such certainty to say "get real"? Don't tell me it says so in that fucking book.

Quote:and you can't know or not know if these animals know there is a God

I love it. You claim to know god doesn't require the worship of salamanders, then immediately claim I can't know if salamanders know there's a god (a quick guess from me - no they wouldn't)

You can claim knowledge and I can't. That sums you up. Arrogant as well as deluded. And you're a child of god? Hahahahahahahahahaha!

(November 21, 2011 at 7:47 pm)Godschild Wrote: After the second coming that's it, no more chances, judgement is on.

ROFLOL

Bring it. I'd die laughing if you were refused the golden ticket because you are a nasty piece of work, and I ascended just because I was a good boy.

See, god will look after good people and belief in him does not necessarily qualify you as a good person, only as a believer. Obviously I just made it all up, but it looks good, seems much more moral, and I'll bet you it's just as likely as your version to be the truth.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(November 21, 2011 at 7:47 pm)Godschild Wrote: It seems a lot is beyond your understanding.

That's what you say, but I seem to understand what the word 'rapture' means, while you seem to have no idea whatsoever.

Quote:You still have not shown me the word rapture in scripture, I doubt you even know what some christians mean by rapture, you should learn more about christianity before you try to dismiss it. What you have shown is the second coming and it has nothing to do with what some christians say about the rapture. After the second coming that's it, no more chances, judgement is on.

That's because 'rapture' is an English word, used to describe Jesus coming back, and taking all his believers with him back to Heaven. Get it? The bible wasn't written in English. No such word exists in Hebrew. The fact that you need that explained to you, and that you claim I have trouble understanding things is amusing.

I spent my entire childhood in Sunday school, and I have actually read the bible. I was a christian for most of my life, so I understand perfectly well the details of christianity. The second coming and "the rapture" are mutually exclusive because that is the reason Jesus is coming back- to enrapture the believers, and send the nonbelievers to an eternal lake of fire.

You say "some christians" as if there are some christians who believe the wrong thing, and I know you believe that, because I have witnessed you express those opinions. How do you know you're the right kind of christian? Who is to judge? I thought that was your god's job, but you seem to presume yourself qualified. Does Jesus know you're making his decisions for him?

"Rapture" is actually a medieval Latin word from the Old Latin verb, "rapere's" perfect passive participle (well, actually from its subsequent future active form, but ...). It is the same word from which we get "rape." A play on words, to be sure, but it is not a great stretch etymologically to suggest that anyone experiencing the religious rapture has been mind-raped.
Trying to update my sig ...
Perhaps GC, if god was interested in his "hiddeness" he shouldn't have traipsed around the middle east performing miracles for a few thousand years eh? This sounds more and more like a child defending their imaginary friend. I'll do you one better, not only is this line of reasoning complete ad hoc bullshit, perhaps god should have traipsed around the middle east performing all those miracles for a few thousand years, and then we wouldn't even be having this discussion?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Might not be entirely relevant but a lot of the bible was originally written in Greek and some in Aramaic.
Love 'n' hugz,

Lord Chad
4th Earl of Catsuit

There is nothing more dangerous than a man who knows he is right.
(November 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm)Godschild Wrote: That's impossible for you, God does not concern Himself with such things. No preaching on my part, just your deluded mind working overtime.

A theist calling a rational person deluded? I've seen it all now.

ROFLOL