Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 1:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Names of places in Croatia
RE: Names of places in Croatia
(May 10, 2022 at 11:37 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(May 10, 2022 at 11:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It’s also not boring the life out of people by droning on and on about Croatian place names and Etruscan sentence structure.

Boru

Then what is it about?

The scientific study of languages.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(May 10, 2022 at 11:40 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 10, 2022 at 11:37 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: Then what is it about?

The scientific study of languages.

Boru

And my study of Croatian names of places is not scientific?
(May 10, 2022 at 11:42 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(May 10, 2022 at 11:40 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The scientific study of languages.

Boru

It may be (though I very much doubt it), but posting about it here is not. This is a message board, not a peer reviewed linguistics journal.

Boru
Why would you assume anyone here would know anything at all about this subject? Whatever it is.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(May 10, 2022 at 4:31 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why would you assume anyone here would know anything at all about this subject? Whatever it is.

He's probably assuming that we have the same level of expertise that he has, which is probably not far from the truth.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 10, 2022 at 11:42 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(May 10, 2022 at 11:40 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The scientific study of languages.

Boru

Not according to the linguist you showed it to.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 10, 2022 at 12:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 10, 2022 at 11:42 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: And my study of Croatian names of places is not scientific?

It may be (though I very much doubt it), but posting about it here is not. This is a message board, not a peer reviewed linguistics journal.

Boru

And what are message boards for?
(May 10, 2022 at 10:57 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(May 10, 2022 at 11:42 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: And my study of Croatian names of places is not scientific?

Not according to the linguist you showed it to.

I don't think it is fair to constantly bring her up. She presumably has Semmelweis Reflex, claiming mine is unscientific primarily because it contradicts her work. My informatics professor Franjo Jović, my mathematics professor Tomislav Rudec and my computer science professor Alfonso Baumgartner all think there is something to my work.
(May 11, 2022 at 12:18 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(May 10, 2022 at 12:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It may be (though I very much doubt it), but posting about it here is not. This is a message board, not a peer reviewed linguistics journal.

Boru

Dick jokes, mostly.

Boru
(May 11, 2022 at 12:18 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(May 10, 2022 at 12:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It may be (though I very much doubt it), but posting about it here is not. This is a message board, not a peer reviewed linguistics journal.

Boru

Look for a board that is for linguists and the discussion of language.

Have you ever read the title of this one?  If you have, what is it that confuses you about the main topic?
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The BS fallacy of Sir names..... Brian37 2 338 October 7, 2018 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker