Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 10:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
It's A Quote
RE: It's A Quote
(May 11, 2022 at 9:19 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: "Women are created for no other purpose than to serve men and be their helpers. If women grow weary or even die while bearing children, that doesn’t harm anything. Let them bear children to death; they are created for that."

- Martin Luther

Gotta wonder how many Lutheran women are aware of that little gem.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
"I was born in Coney Island. I like to think I fell out of the womb onto the fun park's giant Parachute Jump while eating a Nathan's hot dog." (Harold Feinstein)

[Image: roller-coaster-coney-island-picture-id53...?s=612x612]
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(May 11, 2022 at 9:19 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: "Women are created for no other purpose than to serve men and be their helpers. If women grow weary or even die while bearing children, that doesn’t harm anything. Let them bear children to death; they are created for that."

- Martin Luther  Samuel Alito

ftfy.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
‘If there is some geezer up there with a big white beard, he’s a world heavyweight cunt. He’s got a hard-on for mass murder and giving kids cancer, and his big old answer for the existential clusterfuck that is humanity is to nail his own bleedin’ son to a plank. THAT is a cunt move.’ - Karl Urban

Boru
“All I say is that it is damned unlikely that anything like a central cosmic will, a spirit world, or an eternal survival of personality exist. They are the most preposterous and unjustified of all guesses which can be made about the universe, and I am not enough of a hair-splitter to pretend that I don’t regard them as arrant and negligible moonshine. In theory I am an agnostic, but pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist.” (H.P. Lovecraft)
  Thinking
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
“Do you understand? Everything, everything that was wrong with you and with the wicked culture you built was based on the black foundation of sexual violation. Thus, it is obvious that to create the conditions where you can enjoy the redemption of Christ’s love, we must pull down that foul foundation. The place to start on the road to your second births is simple. You will cease to masturbate. This is the first and most important rule of Camp Purity.” He gazed around the room as if looking for someone, then continued.

“This is so much more than a rule. This is a covenant you will make with yourselves, with one another and with God. Knowing how to make and keep covenants is the first step to knowing God. When you get to your rooms, you will find a contract on each bunk. It’s a binding agreement among the six of you in the room. Your five roommates are your brothers. They are your new family. Their role is the same as your brothers in your first life—to love and support you, to keep you strong and pure. You will agree to do this for one another and for God, and you will sign this contract. If you break your word, you are betraying yourself and your brothers and God. If one of you fails, all fail.”

Superintendent Jones continued with his hands on his hips, his right bicep flexing so that the tattooed cross on his arm distractingly emerged from below his sleeve.

“You will be monitored at all times. If you attempt to masturbate, you and all your brothers will be punished … punished severely. If you observe someone else attempting to masturbate and you do not report it, you and all your brothers will be punished, severely. This is the nature of your covenant with one another—a sin by one is a sin by all. There is no such thing as punishment of one of you, for the failure by one is a failure by all.”

He again paused for effect, but this time he kept his eyes on us.

“And in case you continue to think we are idiots, I will tell you that you are being watched at all times. Privacy is a liberal conceit and an illusion. Do you seriously think that you can hide anything from God? Privacy is an invitation to corruption. Privacy is the refuge of the pervert and the criminal. There is no privacy at Camp Purity. Just because you don’t see a camera doesn’t mean that one is not there.”

“But let me be clear,” he said in a brighter tone. “Submission to the will of God under threat of punishment is not what we’re after. Submission to the Lord and His law is a choice. And this decision happens first in the heart. If you don’t decide in your heart to submit to God and live a pure life, then you haven’t really submitted at all. It’s your decision—but with God’s grace all of you have the capacity to make the right decision. That is all. You are dismissed.”

- "Christian Nation" by Frederic C Rich
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
The Republican Party doesn't trust me to discuss racism with my students, but want to put a gun in my hand and claim they trust me with their lives. - PA ( a friend who is a Criminal Justice professor)

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

"Suppose you're an idiot. And suppose you're a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." (Mark Twain)  Hehe
‘Political satire became obsolete when they awarded Henry Kissinger the Nobel Peace Prize.’ - Tom Lehrer

Boru
[Image: Charlie.png]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Quote Game The Valkyrie 175 15805 December 18, 2022 at 8:28 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Name that movie quote! Losty 0 808 August 29, 2016 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Change a word, ruin a quote Cyberman 71 9380 March 26, 2015 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Make a quotable quote here. Brian37 72 18773 November 1, 2012 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Faith No More