Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 1:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
It's A Quote
RE: It's A Quote
‘Don’t be part of the problem. Be the WHOLE problem.’ - variously ascribed, but I’m going with Jerry Garcia.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
"A small plane has hit the first building. The incident has been contained there, you don’t have to go down." - voice on the loudspeaker in WTC building 2.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
"Our particular principles of religion are a subject of accountability to our god alone. I enquire after no man's and trouble none with mine; nor is it given to us in this life to know whether yours or mine, our friend's or our foe's, are exactly the right." (Thomas Jefferson)  Read
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
‘We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology’ - Carl Sagan

Boru
[Image: Dawki-q.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
"The Jews never had a custom of freeing prisoners on Passover, and there is no evidence that the Romans had any such customary pardon either──not that Pilate would ever have offered to release a convicted murderer and anti-Roman insurrectionist even if there was such a custom! There have been many attempts to justify the historical veracity of this so-called 'Privilegium Paschale.' Roman and Jewish records have been ransacked in the search for supporting evidence, but without success." (David Fitzgerald)  Read
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
‘The three basic human emotions are greed, fear, and greed.’ - Captain Benjamin F. ‘Hawkeye’ Pierce 

Boru
‘All religion is a foolish answer to a foolish question.’ - Thomas Shelby

Boru
A sense of humor is superior to any religion so far devised.

Tom Robbins
"Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book." (Bill Watterson)  Read

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Quote Game The Valkyrie 175 15805 December 18, 2022 at 8:28 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Name that movie quote! Losty 0 808 August 29, 2016 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Change a word, ruin a quote Cyberman 71 9380 March 26, 2015 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Make a quotable quote here. Brian37 72 18774 November 1, 2012 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Faith No More