Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 4:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: The Official Television Thread
Bored, so I'm checking out Jack Ryan

Quote:Up-and-coming CIA analyst, Jack Ryan, is thrust into dangerous field assignments.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Never mind Jack Ryan. Beginning didn't interest me.

Going to check out Mammals

Quote:The story of a Michelin-starred chef whose world implodes when he discovers shocking secrets about his pregnant wife.
~ Erin Hunter
(July 5, 2023 at 7:28 pm)Tomato Wrote:
(July 5, 2023 at 6:45 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote: After watching the first 2 episodes of the 3rd season, I'm done. Knowing that Henry Cavill left the production because of all of the changes makes me not care about this show anymore.
I'm waiting for the next season of What We Do In The Shadows.

I wasn't aware he was leaving, but the show isn't being canceled.

Quote:In an interview with Total Film Magazine, Witcher creator and showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich explained her decision to keep the show going after Cavill leaves stating, “I mean, we had the choice to have Geralt exit and to end the show. [But] that’s not something that we were willing to do. There’s just too many stories left to tell.”

The article goes on to explain it would be too complicated to replace Cavill, but then states Liam Hemsworth will be the replacement.

I might continue watching or I might not.

Cavill is a big fan of the books the show is based on, and called it his dream job. He agreed to do 7 seasons, as long as they followed the original source material, and almost quit after the end of the 2nd season. He didn't like what the writers were doing to the show, but agreed to the 3rd season if they stayed close to the actual lore.
When they were done filming this season, he announced that he was leaving the show. Fans of the books and the show started a petition to fire all of the writers and get Cavill back. They ended up collecting over 300,000 signatures, but it was too late.
The 2nd season wasn't great, they changed/added several things that didn't go over very well with hardcore fans.
If there is another season, no one is going to watch it.
The last episode of Deadloch.
~ Erin Hunter
The Horror of Dolores Roach

Quote:When Dolores Roach is released after an unjust prison sentence, she reunites with an old friend who lets her work as a masseuse. When the promise of her newfound stability is threatened, Dolores is driven to shocking extremes to survive.
~ Erin Hunter
Nothing to watch, so back to The Blacklist.
~ Erin Hunter
Checking out I'm A Virgo, because why not.

Quote:A coming-of-age joyride about Cootie, a 13-foot-tall man, who escapes to experience the beauty and contradictions of the real world; he forms friendships, finds love, navigates awkward situations, and encounters his idol named The Hero.
~ Erin Hunter
@BrianSoddingBoru4

I hear it's a favorite of yours.

Checking out Peaky Blinders

Quote:A gangster family epic set in 1900s England, centering on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby.

Not exactly blown away by the beginning of the first episode, but not entirely disinterested either.
~ Erin Hunter
I gave it an episode and a half, but it's too boring.
~ Erin Hunter
I'm recognizing some of these episodes at the end of season five of The Blacklist, so I must have made it that far before.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1865 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 601 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 781 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1082 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3493 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2584 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1115 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4