Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 8:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bizarre things my mind conjures up
RE: my Muslim friends
Lying again. Zhaitan loves you!
RE: Bizarre things my mind conjures up
(November 26, 2023 at 12:52 am)SeniorCitizen Wrote: "Recent work with deaf readers show that skilled deaf readers’ eye movements when they read simple sentences are very different from those of hearing readers of comparable reading skills. Deaf readers are more efficient when they read sentences compared to hearing readers with equal comprehension levels. For example, skilled deaf readers make fewer fixations in a sentence. This means that each time their eyes land on a word (called a “fixation”), skilled deaf readers are able to grab more information within that fixation. Skilled deaf readers also go back in the text (reread) less often than hearing readers do. This shows that even if deaf readers make fewer fixations than hearing readers do, they also do not need to go back in the text as often as their hearing counterpart to check their comprehension".

Some people can read very fast because they do not vocalise (in their mind) what they read.

When I was working in a laboratory I was asked to look through some calculations because there were "mistakes somewhere". I was handed half a dozen pages of handwritten material. I just quickly glanced at each page ... identified three mistakes ... and handed them back.

When people make mistakes their handwriting changes.

Were you on fire when you read that stuff or are you just a slow reader?
My wife
I was married for ten years ... during which time I was in her (Corinne's) company 24 hours a day... never more than a few feet from her. She had (what was found to be after she died) a very rare brain "cancer" (a Primary Angiocentric T-Cell Lymphoma). There was no treatment she could be given. We went everywhere together ... spent a lot of time camping around Wales. Her conversation was such that I was the only one who could understand what she was talking about (she talked in "riddles" ... that had a "bizarre intelligence" to them).

One day she lost the ability to feed herself. She couldn't co-ordinate the movements she needed to make. I spent 36 hours training her to follow my instructions when I fed her. This then went on for four years. Despite this we still spent a lot of time out of the house.

Enough said ... too many tears.
RE: My wife
I'm sorry to hear that.

I lost my grandmother awhile back who had dementia and it was difficult to see her slowly disappear.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

You need to stop. There's no prize for starting the most threads in a day. Nor is there a prize for making up stories.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 26, 2023 at 4:43 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: You need to stop.  There's no prize for starting the most threads in a day.  Nor is there a prize for making up stories.

What do you recommend I should read here?
(November 26, 2023 at 5:10 pm)SeniorCitizen Wrote:
(November 26, 2023 at 4:43 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: You need to stop.  There's no prize for starting the most threads in a day.  Nor is there a prize for making up stories.

What do you recommend I should read here?

Given that almost everything here is better quality than the utter bullshit you're posting I'd say TAKE YOUR FUCKING PICK.
RE: Stupid Babies
(November 26, 2023 at 12:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: In an experiment conducted at the University of Woolamoloo, it was determined that, among week-old babies, none of them could read, do simple sums, or dress themselves. None appeared to be gainfully employed.

Idiots.

Boru
According to the Muslims (some of them at least) Jesus was a very smart baby. The moment he was born he started preaching.
(November 26, 2023 at 5:31 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(November 26, 2023 at 5:10 pm)SeniorCitizen Wrote: What do you recommend I should read here?

Given that almost everything here is better quality than the utter bullshit you're posting I'd say TAKE YOUR FUCKING PICK.
Which post of mine takes the prize for having the most bullshit in it?
I'd like to know so that I can figure out what your problem is.
(November 26, 2023 at 5:49 pm)SeniorCitizen Wrote:
(November 26, 2023 at 5:31 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Given that almost everything here is better quality than the utter bullshit you're posting I'd say TAKE YOUR FUCKING PICK.
Which post of mine takes the prize for having the most bullshit in it?
I'd like to know so that I can figure out what your problem is.

Stupid much?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool Idea, Bizarre Headline BrianSoddingBoru4 15 2902 June 5, 2017 at 9:13 am
Last Post: brewer
  "How to Change Someone's Mind" Wash. Post. article drfuzzy 0 852 February 25, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Mind / Brain Baalzebutt 17 7339 March 15, 2013 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Angrboda