Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 6:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
The Epstein document release might as well been a fart in the wind.

I do wonder how much advertisement it sold.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Quote:Early Saturday morning, on the third anniversary of the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, the FBI captured three fugitives accused of participating in the riot at a ranch in Florida.

“The FBI executed three federal arrest warrants early this morning at a ranch in Groveland, Florida in Lake County," the FBI Tampa Field Office said in a statement. "The subjects taken into custody are January 6 fugitives Jonathan Daniel Pollock, Olivia Michele Pollock, and Joseph Daniel Hutchinson III. The defendants are scheduled to appear in Federal Court in Ocala, Florida on Monday, January 8. No further details concerning their capture are available at this time.”

NBC News
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:Wayne LaPierre, the leader of the National Rifle Association of America who served for decades as a fierce protector of the Second Amendment, advocating for firearms owners and manufacturers, announced his resignation on Friday – days before his civil trial is set to begin.

CNN
~ Erin Hunter
(January 4, 2024 at 1:27 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: I am not particularly clear on the story involving Harvard and its recently resigned president. Anyone care to dumb it down for me?

A far right "journalist" found a few very minor badly attributed quotes (not plagiarism, just bad citing process) in a few of Ms. Gay's articles and papers. He shopped it to a few far right "newspapers" who screamed "PLAGIRIZM!!!!!!" and the biggest donors of Harvard jumped on it to get rid of her because she was insufficiently male, white or far-right enough for their tastes.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
"Think of it, magnets," Trump said. "Now all I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that's the end of the magnets.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-ri...ly-1858420
There really is a special kind of crazy.

Anders Behring Breivik, the far-right fanatic who killed 77 people in a bombing and shooting rampage in Norway in 2011, will ask a court on Monday to end his isolation in prison, saying it violates his human rights.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/a...man-rights
Human Remains Are Headed to the Moon, Despite Objections

The Navajo Nation has called for a delay in launching the commercial lander Peregrine, which is set to carry human remains on a private mission to the moon

We view it as a part of our spiritual heritage, an object of reverence and respect. The act of depositing human remains and other materials, which could be perceived as discards in any other location, on the moon is tantamount to desecration of this sacred space.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...bjections/
(January 8, 2024 at 11:39 am)brewer Wrote: Human Remains Are Headed to the Moon, Despite Objections

The Navajo Nation has called for a delay in launching the commercial lander Peregrine, which is set to carry human remains on a private mission to the moon

We view it as a part of our spiritual heritage, an object of reverence and respect. The act of depositing human remains and other materials, which could be perceived as discards in any other location, on the moon is tantamount to desecration of this sacred space.

As much as I respect the Natives, a superstition is still a superstition. Especially, a physically distant one.
~ Erin Hunter
(January 8, 2024 at 12:02 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
(January 8, 2024 at 11:39 am)brewer Wrote: Human Remains Are Headed to the Moon, Despite Objections

As much as I respect the Natives, a superstition is still a superstition. Especially, a physically distant one.

I don't remember this objection raised during the Apollo missions. Why now?

My guess is attention.
^ It's a gigantic waste of money, is all I see.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 5752 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 594 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1681 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37