Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 5:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Mexico is running out of water and one of the reasons is the Coca Cola plant that takes over a million liters of water every day.

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Philips settles CPAP law suit for $1.1B

CPAP devices exposed patients to foam particles, noxious gases.

Shared from my NYT account so link will expire: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/29/healt...=url-share

"In a letter to Philips in May 2022, the F.D.A. noted that the company had received reports about the problem as early as 2015, but failed to evaluate the information and address the device’s problems."

"The F.D.A. reported earlier this year that since Philips first warned of the problems, officials had received 116,000 complaints, including 561 reports of deaths, that people or lawyers said were linked to the faulty foam in the device."
I was prescribed a CPAP machine, but just couldn't get used to it, so it sits in a cabinet. I might be dead if I kept using it.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(April 29, 2024 at 2:48 pm)Nanny Wrote: Philips settles CPAP law suit for $1.1B

CPAP devices exposed patients to foam particles, noxious gases.

Shared from my NYT account so link will expire: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/29/healt...=url-share

"In a letter to Philips in May 2022, the F.D.A. noted that the company had received reports about the problem as early as 2015, but failed to evaluate the information and address the device’s problems."

"The F.D.A. reported earlier this year that since Philips first warned of the problems, officials had received 116,000 complaints, including 561 reports of deaths, that people or lawyers said were linked to the faulty foam in the device."

I'm still pretty salty about this, it took Philips over 2 years to provide a (much) cheaper replacement.
And i thought the prospect of my employer having to pay 400mio to BMW was an issue.  Blush
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
MTG is claiming that Democrats have a secret plan to murder Donald Trump in prison. She fails to explain why this would be a bad idea.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 30, 2024 at 5:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: MTG is claiming that Democrats have a secret plan to murder Donald Trump in prison. She fails to explain why this would be a bad idea.

Boru

Georgians need to hang their heads in shame.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
IDK, his cell looks pretty safe

[Image: Cell.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(April 30, 2024 at 10:21 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: IDK, his cell looks pretty safe

Geez, if anything, that looks too much and too luxuriant for any prisoner to have, if you ask me.

I know that was probably a joke post that I am quoting here, but no prisoner deserves something like that. They could use that gold to buy their way out of prison. (I'm joking about that last part, of course)
(April 30, 2024 at 7:15 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote:
(April 30, 2024 at 10:21 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: IDK, his cell looks pretty safe

Geez, if anything, that looks too much and too luxuriant for any prisoner to have, if you ask me.

I know that was probably a joke post that I am quoting here, but no prisoner deserves something like that. They could use that gold to buy their way out of prison. (I'm joking about that last part, of course)

Hook up an electric fencer, problem solved.

[Image: tumblr_mr6vmenJNO1qh9nffo1_500.gif]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4825 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 543 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1611 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37