Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 7:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veganism
RE: Veganism
(August 11, 2024 at 5:17 am)Ivan Denisovich Wrote:
(August 11, 2024 at 5:12 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Everyone’s entitled to form their own opinions. What you’re not entitled to are you own facts. And it’s a fact, beyond reasonable dispute, that veganism can be a moral choice.

Boru

You're certainly entitled to opinion on possibility of veganism being moral choice. Just don't expect me to agree with it cause you deem your opinion to be fact.

So, what you’re claiming is that no one has ever chosen veganism for moral reasons.

*indulgent chuckle*

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(August 11, 2024 at 5:20 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 11, 2024 at 5:17 am)Ivan Denisovich Wrote: You're certainly entitled to opinion on possibility of veganism being moral choice. Just don't expect me to agree with it cause you deem your opinion to be fact.

So, what you’re claiming is that no one has ever chosen veganism for moral reasons.

*indulgent chuckle*

Boru

It's certainly possible that people choose veganism for what they claim to be moral reasons, so chuckle as you wish. It does not make you appear any smarter.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.
(August 11, 2024 at 5:25 am)Ivan Denisovich Wrote:
(August 11, 2024 at 5:20 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: So, what you’re claiming is that no one has ever chosen veganism for moral reasons.

*indulgent chuckle*

Boru

It's certainly possible that people choose veganism for what they claim to be moral reasons, so chuckle as you wish. It does not make you appear any smarter.

You’re broad brushing again, mate.

Boru
(August 11, 2024 at 5:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 11, 2024 at 5:25 am)Ivan Denisovich Wrote: It's certainly possible that people choose veganism for what they claim to be moral reasons, so chuckle as you wish. It does not make you appear any smarter.

You’re broad brushing again, mate.

Boru

Whatever you say.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.
If we're not supposed to eat animals, then why do they taste so good? There's nothing more irritating than listening to a militant vegan preaching about how fucking MORAL they all are compared to us Neanderthal meat eaters.

No body else cares. I eat meat with every meal, always have and always will.
(August 11, 2024 at 3:42 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote: If we're not supposed to eat animals, then why do they taste so good? There's nothing more irritating than listening to a militant vegan preaching about how fucking MORAL they all are compared to us Neanderthal meat eaters.

I haven't encountered a vegan that has not told me they possess an enlightened moral position. They may be out there, I haven't met one.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 11, 2024 at 3:42 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote: If we're not supposed to eat animals, then why do they taste so good? There's nothing more irritating than listening to a militant vegan preaching about how fucking MORAL they all are compared to us Neanderthal meat eaters.

Oh, I can think of a LOT of things more irritating than that. I get your point, though - that holier-than-thou attitude is more than a little annoying. It’s not as if I’m grabbing the people by the shirtfront and force feeding them sausages, ffs.

Boru
We're mostly deciding how, not whether, we kill animals. I think that as consumers we want to feel like our money isn't going to the worst thing imaginable. Nothing wrong with that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I could maybe see myself going pescatarian at some point. As the man said, ‘Meat is murder but fish is justifiable homicide.’

Boru
The reason I eat so much chicken is that fish is expensive. It's gonna get even more expensive unless we start farm production on a scale never before seen. More than a hird of wild stocks are overfished and unsustainable.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veganism? Pel 254 91490 February 22, 2012 at 9:24 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah