Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 18, 2024, 7:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(September 6, 2024 at 1:18 am)Belacqua Wrote: There was a kind of symmetry in the videos out of Palestine this morning.

The first one I saw showed a little boy with the back of his head blown off. The second one showed a little boy with the FRONT of his head blown off.

I don't think this was intentional, of course. But if you see enough murdered kids this sort of coincidence happens.

Kamala says she's working tirelessly for a ceasefire, but we don't see any results yet. Is Biden still alive? What's he doing?

Show me where the US has any sort of direct control over what Israel does. Or France, for that matter. You couldn't possibly more transparent, друг.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(September 6, 2024 at 1:22 am)Silver Wrote: If only our "if it was up to me" could actually motivate those in charge toward the right course of action.

Maybe we should have brought Rusty Venture into the negotiations. It’s a shame Rusty’s not real.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(September 4, 2024 at 5:44 pm)Nanny Wrote: Again.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/school-shoo...gh-school/

Definition of insanity

Apparently the school resource officer got the perp to surrender.

Yep. 4 dead. Time for America: The Drinking Game.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13733911]

(September 6, 2024 at 1:48 am)Fireball Wrote:
(September 6, 2024 at 1:18 am)Belacqua Wrote: There was a kind of symmetry in the videos out of Palestine this morning.

The first one I saw showed a little boy with the back of his head blown off. The second one showed a little boy with the FRONT of his head blown off.

I don't think this was intentional, of course. But if you see enough murdered kids this sort of coincidence happens.

Kamala says she's working tirelessly for a ceasefire, but we don't see any results yet. Is Biden still alive? What's he doing?

Show me where the US has any sort of direct control over what Israel does. Or France, for that matter. 

Years ago when Israel was bombing Gaza, Ronald Reagan saw a photo of a little boy with both arms blown off. He called Menachem Begin on the telephone and told him it was a bad look, and he should cut it out. Begin declared a ceasefire. Granted, we know it didn't last long, but any ceasefire at all saves lives. 

It's sad that our current leadership lacks the will or the power that Reagan apparently had.

If the US cut off funding for Israel everything would change.

Quote:друг.

Sorry, I don't read Russian. Most days I only speak Japanese. So you could call me 政治家の言葉を信じないヤツ。
(September 6, 2024 at 2:46 am)Belacqua Wrote:
Quote:друг.

Sorry, I don't read Russian. Most days I only speak Japanese. So you could call me 政治家の言葉を信じないヤツ。

If you’ve seen A Clockwork Orange, you should have a good hint there. Or if you found a “Cyrillic letters to Latin alphabet” Chart

Belacqua Wrote:Years ago when Israel was bombing Gaza, Ronald Reagan saw a photo of a little boy with both arms blown off. He called Menachem Begin on the telephone and told him it was a bad look, and he should cut it out. Begin declared a ceasefire. Granted, we know it didn't last long, but any ceasefire at all saves lives.

It's sad that our current leadership lacks the will or the power that Reagan apparently had.

Ah, yes, Biden is one phone call away from making a peace in the Middle East (and maybe even the whole world) but he is just too evil to do it.

Belacqua Wrote:If the US cut off funding for Israel everything would change.

You do understand that Hamas wants to destroy Israel? So if the US cut funding it would be destroyed pretty quickly. Is that what you want?

But what was also prehaps a main trigger for Hamas attacking Israel was to interrupt the Israeli-Saudi peace deal that was about to be signed on which Biden was working. I wonder if Putin was behind it because he has much to gain from it, so maybe you could urge Putin to stop the war.

Quote:Despite widespread speculation, no evidence of Moscow’s direct involvement in Hamas’s attack on Israel has surfaced.

But it is in Putin’s interests for the new conflict to spread all over the Middle East, distracting the West and undermining aid to Ukraine, a London-based expert on Eurasia said.

“Putin’s calculation is to cause the escalation of the conflict, to widen it geographically and to involve the entire Arab population of the Middle East,” Alisher Ilkhamov, director of Central Asia Due Diligence, a civil society organisation, told Al Jazeera.

And there is no love lost between Putin and Hamas either.

“Hamas for him is just part of the game, a tool, just like for other regional players,” Sergey Bizyukin, a fugitive Russian opposition activist, told Al Jazeera. “The most important thing for him is not to make a mistake by touching Chinese investments in Israel.”

Apart from distracting the world from Ukraine, such a war may cause oil and gas prices to skyrocket – providing Moscow with billions of dollars of extra income.

“Even though calls for Palestine’s independence are legitimate, by pointing at this agenda in today’s context, Putin actually justifies the war crimes committed by Hamas,” Ilkhamov said.

And some Israelis are adamant that Putin’s friendship with Netanyahu was cynical and hypocritical.

“Anti-Semitism was a way of life in the KGB when Putin joined it” in the 1980s’ Leningrad, now St Petersburg, Eduard Kauffmann, a 31-year-old Haifa resident with Russian roots, told Al Jazeera. “He threw Bibi [Netanyahu] under the bus and never looked back.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/1...rael-hamas
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(September 6, 2024 at 4:22 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(September 6, 2024 at 2:46 am)Belacqua Wrote: Sorry, I don't read Russian. Most days I only speak Japanese. So you could call me 政治家の言葉を信じないヤツ。

If you’ve seen A Clockwork Orange, you should have a good hint there. Or if you found a “Cyrillic letters to Latin alphabet” Chart

Well, I could always google it. But he seemed like he wanted a fight, so I thought maybe I didn't want to know. 

It's fun to think I'm a Russian agent, though. Much more interesting than I really am.
(September 5, 2024 at 9:42 pm)Belacqua Wrote: The idea that Putin prefers Trump in any way is not based in fact.

You mean besides Russian documents which pretty clearly say that Russia prefers Trump.

Quote:The Department of Justice did not name the beneficiary of the Russian misinformation plot, but "propaganda proposals" the department shared Wednesday in a similar case involving Russian interference made clear that the Russian government favors the Republican Party and would prefer to see Trump re-elected over Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...091650007/
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 6, 2024 at 7:49 am)Angrboda Wrote:
(September 5, 2024 at 9:42 pm)Belacqua Wrote: The idea that Putin prefers Trump in any way is not based in fact.

You mean besides Russian documents which pretty clearly say that Russia prefers Trump.

Quote:The Department of Justice did not name the beneficiary of the Russian misinformation plot, but "propaganda proposals" the department shared Wednesday in a similar case involving Russian interference made clear that the Russian government favors the Republican Party and would prefer to see Trump re-elected over Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris.

Well that's a fair and balanced article. Not.
(September 6, 2024 at 8:14 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(September 6, 2024 at 7:49 am)Angrboda Wrote: You mean besides Russian documents which pretty clearly say that Russia prefers Trump.

Well that's a fair and balanced article. Not.

And that, if true, would be a problem because why exactly?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 5736 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 594 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1676 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37