Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 7:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veganism
RE: Veganism
(September 12, 2024 at 7:31 am)arewethereyet Wrote: If every moving thing that lives shall be food for you, doesn't that allow for cannibalism?

Pork roast, nope.

Long pork, ok?
(September 14, 2024 at 1:08 pm)h311inac311 Wrote: Therefore, he will hold us accountable for our actions under the sun.

Christianity contends that god will hold us accountable for none of our actions.  All we need to do is kiss the ring. So, even if eating animals is moral evil, no worries, you can still get a golden ticket.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Makes no difference, it's all made up stuff anyway!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(September 14, 2024 at 2:43 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(September 14, 2024 at 1:08 pm)h311inac311 Wrote: Therefore, he will hold us accountable for our actions under the sun.

Christianity contends that god will hold us accountable for none of our actions.  All we need to do is kiss the ring.  So, even if eating animals is moral evil, no worries, you can still get a golden ticket.

Except for blasphemy. No amount of ring-kissing will get you a pass for blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(September 14, 2024 at 2:32 pm)Jackalope Wrote:
(September 12, 2024 at 7:31 am)arewethereyet Wrote: If every moving thing that lives shall be food for you, doesn't that allow for cannibalism?

Pork roast, nope.

Long pork, ok?
But pork roast is awesome.

Aren't most of us cannibals already, those that we consume don't have to be dead. Think about bodily fluids,.......... and the stray hair or two.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 14, 2024 at 3:42 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote:
(September 14, 2024 at 2:32 pm)Jackalope Wrote: Pork roast, nope.

Long pork, ok?
But pork roast is awesome.

Take it up with "Moses"
(September 14, 2024 at 4:00 pm)brewer Wrote: [...] and the stray hair or two.

I prefer to think of that as floss.

I still get her a nice shaving kit for her birthday.

(September 14, 2024 at 1:08 pm)h311inac311 Wrote:
(September 12, 2024 at 1:57 pm)h4ym4n Wrote: @h311inac311 

Could the serpent do anything yahweh didn’t want it to do?

If so, was yahweh shocked that the serpent evilly trick Eve and totally fucked up yahwehs plan?

How and why would a serpent know and understand HOW to fuck up the creator of everything’s plan?

And finally @h311inac311 , why didn’t jesus show up to save Adam and Eve? Did Yahweh have to rape a human first before jesus can appear as man?

If you can read the story of how Mary got pregnant in the Bible and arrive at the conclusion that God raped her, then that tells me everything I need to know about your Lexile Level.

Not that there's any point in correcting a mocker, since all they will do is mock you for it.

I think the serpent (or Dragon, as Nudger pointed out) had free will and a voice. It wasn't satisfied with peace on Earth so it wanted to see what would happen if it could convince God's people to commit sin.

YHWH did seem surprised, perhaps it is because he chose to turn his back on Adam and Eve to allow them the freedom to choose weather or not to eat of the fruit.
A good leader gives his instructions, makes sure that his subordinates know what they are and then walks away to tend to other matters. It is a show of trust.

To say that they, 'totally fucked up God's plan' is a pretty massive over statement, but if you're this aggressive about getting things wrong then I can't do all of the reading for you.

The Dragon was an Angel who was with God in heaven before descending into the garden, it knew who YHWH was and it knew what his will for man kind was as well. All of this simply boils down to God choosing to allow for every part of his creation to have a choice between obedience and dis-obedience. From the Angels to men and even to some extent animals as well, God gave us a mind to choose. He didn't create us to be robots who are forced to worship him. He didn't put a spell on us so that we would always be under his control.

Therefore, he will hold us accountable for our actions under the sun.

@h311inac311 

So yahweh can create everything from nothing but still needed force itself on a young virgin child. All women back then had a choice to be raped or not, right?

How do you explained this part of the story you appear unaware of.

God said
Genesis 3:1
New International Version
The Fall
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

Why do you think yahweh, the creator of everything, was dumbfounded that it was outsmarted by a serpent it created?

So basically the serpent was the burrito god created that too hot to eat.

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: 93r5wm.jpg]
from Imgflip Meme Generator
" />

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veganism? Pel 254 91490 February 22, 2012 at 9:24 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah