Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 11:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Any Evidence For A Historical Jesus?
RE: Any Evidence For A Historical Jesus?
houseofcantor Wrote:Shroud of Turin? Unacceptable

why? quoting wikipedia is unacceptable?

houseofcantor Wrote:Historicity of the Christ? Unacceptable.

i keep asking why and no one gives me an answer. i put many sources and you reject all of them for no reason?

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

-4th verse of the american national anthem
(January 4, 2012 at 7:11 am)chipan Wrote:

i keep asking why and no one gives me an answer. i put many sources and you reject all of them for no reason?

Sources? Josephus the Flavian was an obvious tool... I have some bias there. Wink There rest of it; it's weak. What makes it strong is the force of your convictions; your moral certainty - you faith, yes?

Perfected in weakness by God's sufficient grace, Christian?

Have you Holy Spirit; do you know sola fides? What do you seek from this atheist who is with YHWH? Wink

Trouble, huh? That's what yer looking for, trouble. Where two or more are gathered, there I am - Holy Spirit - between me and you. So no lying, no evil, no bullshit; yet I am morally certain Jesus never existed as an individual and that the Shroud of Turin is a fabrication.

These other cats - tigers, chew you up - with me, faith is yours, but religion sux. Wink
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
(January 4, 2012 at 7:57 am)houseofcantor Wrote:
(January 4, 2012 at 7:11 am)chipan Wrote:

Sources? Josephus the Flavian was an obvious tool... I have some bias there. Wink There rest of it; it's weak. What makes it strong is the force of your convictions; your moral certainty - you faith, yes?

Perfected in weakness by God's sufficient grace, Christian?

Have you Holy Spirit; do you know sola fides? What do you seek from this atheist who is with YHWH? Wink

Trouble, huh? That's what yer looking for, trouble. Where two or more are gathered, there I am - Holy Spirit - between me and you. So no lying, no evil, no bullshit; yet I am morally certain Jesus never existed as an individual and that the Shroud of Turin is a fabrication.

These other cats - tigers, chew you up - with me, faith is yours, but religion sux. Wink

most of what you said doesn't make any sense and you don't address everything i say. you don't care that most modern day historians believe Jesus existed, you have called one of my sources fake and the others weak even though the others were by good historians. if Jesus was made up then people would have spoken about it's historical accuricies at the time it was claimed.

The thing is chip...

There is NO evidence of an historical Jesus of the bible. None nadda zip.

Would you care to name these 'Modern Historians' please?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
KichigaiNeko Wrote:There is NO evidence of an historical Jesus of the bible. None nadda zip.

would everyone please stop saying this same thing without backing it up? all i do is bring evidence and everyone says it's wrong just because.

KichigaiNeko Wrote:Would you care to name these 'Modern Historians' please?

what you don't believe wikipedia? and i name many historians who claimed he existed who lived during his time and they were ignored and one was called a fraud (only one). what makes you think naming modern ones will be any different?

I have not read these but ...for your reading pleasure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_Unearthed for the OT

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

For once in your miserable life READ some seemingly controversial material !! Angry

These and other documents and papers has convinced me that your godboy never existed and the is no evidence other than wishful thinking on your part that you have sole manipulation of this tiny godhead. Angry
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
here's from your first link
Quote: Although a few scholars have questioned the existence of Jesus as an actual historical figure,[4] most scholars involved with historical Jesus research believe his existence, but not the supernatural claims associated with him, can be established using documentary and other evidence
a few vs most. and there's a difference between questioned and proven.

your second link doesn't seam relevant and i've been to your third link, read it, and commented on it all on this thread. you should read what i put.

KichigaiNeko Wrote:For once in your miserable life READ some seemingly controversial material !!

actually i have. i've read the third link on your page and many athiest sites (i'm on this site aren't i?). why do you think things from jesusneverexisted.com would prove anything? you notice i don't put anything on here from a site called jesusexists.com or anything like that. even so, i still read it when it was brought up and refuted it with further evidence. Fpvpilot did the same on page 11 and he was ignored.

Quote:ok i'm so sick of you saying this.

Get used to it, Asshole. He's your godboy, it is your burden to show that he existed.

P.S. you have already admitted that you don't read anything that is posted which disputes your bullshit so I'm not going to waste my time on you anymore. Go take jesus and blow him out your ass.
(January 4, 2012 at 8:06 am)chipan Wrote: most of what you said doesn't make any sense and you don't address everything i say. you don't care that most modern day historians believe Jesus existed, you have called one of my sources fake and the others weak even though the others were by good historians. if Jesus was made up then people would have spoken about it's historical accuricies at the time it was claimed.

What doesn't make any sense is your lack of your own theology. Sola fides - by faith alone - remember that? So what are you trying to prove? You don't remember being born again? Baptized in spirit? You don't remember the lines of scripture I referenced?

Did I mention being a journeyman prophet? Do you know why an atheist would make that claim? Because there's science involved, perhaps? Because once the science of the prophet is understood, revealed religion becomes a marketing scam?

Here's a fact. We simulate things in our minds like future and mind of another. When you read these words, you automatically simulate a human to go with the avatar. Reading descriptions of places and events, you run a simulation of going there witnessing, participating.

The heart is made of sixty percent neuron and is capable of electromagnetic communication of emotional context; more science, with the very last bit being hypothesized, by scientists.

So I take that data, add it to my own observational data of what happens to people around me; and I make my own hypothesis. Paul made it up in simulation in his mind, communicated that simulation electromagnetically to his crew. And they remember stuff that never happened. Left gainful employment in 2008 to put myself in isolation and research this bullshit - that's what a compassionate and rational being does when he's a locus of paranormal event - and now I know stuff. Most importantly, I know what not to do, to not interfere with the emotional context of my fellow man.

That's my personal experience. If you think I couldn't walk out my door and make a zillion bucks with a televangelist ministry, you ain't got a brain cell in your head. That ain't the point. The point is love.

Try preaching some love, instead of some god; maybe people won't be hating on you. Wink
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
How many christian theologians have searched for evidence of a historical jesus? hundreds? thousands maybe?
The lack of a discovery of anything approaching evidence can point to lack of a physical person.

There is much more evidence for other messiah condidates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_messiah_claimants

Indeed another messiah was mentioned in the bible, (in less than flattering terms) but still mentioned. Oh and Josephus mentions him too.

From The acts of the apostles

Quote:But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: 10to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, “This man is the great power of God.” 11And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries. 12But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done. 14Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16(for as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost. 18And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, 19saying, “Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.” 20But Peter said unto him, “Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. 21Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee, 23for I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.” 24Then answered Simon, and said, “Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.”

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone show me the evidence of the bullshit bible articles? I believe in Harry Potter 36 4844 November 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 38450 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Atheists don't realize asking for evidence of God is a strawman ErGingerbreadMandude 240 29066 November 10, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20473 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Personal evidence Foxaèr 19 6126 November 4, 2017 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: c152
  Is Accepting Christian Evidence Special Pleading? SteveII 768 243682 September 28, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Do Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence? SteveII 643 135601 August 12, 2017 at 1:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Any one else watch The Last Days of Jesus on PBS ? vorlon13 9 2642 April 16, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Evidence: The Gathering Randy Carson 530 92085 September 25, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: abaris
  With Science and Archaeology and Miracle's evidence for God TheThinkingCatholic 35 11356 September 20, 2015 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut