Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 10:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veganism?
RE: Veganism?
(January 27, 2012 at 5:49 pm)Mitja Wrote: i dont see anything wrong with vegans/vegeterians im one of them myselfe.
Meat is murder!
why should i kill to feed

I would kudos this but your bad grammar keeps distracting me.Dodgy
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
I decided one day when I was about 10 that I was going to be vegetarian (I think it might have been the same day my class visited a Dolmio factory.....that smell!) and when I got home, my Mum was cooking spaghetti bolognaise which was one of my favourite meals. So I was vegetarian for about 2 hours.

Good on people if they enjoy it and are healthy, but I like me some pigs and cows and sheep and chickens Smile
Of course I prefer it if the animals have been treated well. If I could afford it, I'd have a small holding so I could raise and butcher them myself.
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
(January 27, 2012 at 5:49 pm)Mitja Wrote: why should i kill to feed

If you eat plants then you have no problem killing to feed. You have just determined that it's okay to take the life of a plant but not that of an animal. I have found that vegetarian don't eat animals because of their recognition of common biological functions, i.e. brain and a nervous system, and not because of an aversion to killing. Eating plants kills just as much as eating animals does.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 24, 2012 at 8:43 pm)Diamond Wrote:
(January 24, 2012 at 8:23 pm)AthiestAtheist Wrote: Have you ever had sushi, or raw oysters? Unseasoned meat is actually pretty good if it's raw.

Have you ever had raw chicken?Tongue
Yes, and I have also tried it marinated in teriyaki sauce, it's amazing!
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
Quote:Animals know of their existance and plants dont

Ever listen to some of our idiot xtians talk? They don't understand their existence, either.
Between Ervin and the other new wacko, walknh20, we have a very special factor here: The abbynormals. In their own way, they make GC and suchlike look, er, pedestrian.
Trying to update my sig ...
Quote:Meat is murder!
why should I kill to feed

Did we have an election and make you Officer-in-charge of fatuous comments? Thinking

BY definition,murder is the unlawful killing of a human being. I don't give a flying flunggle about what you eat,as long as you obey the law. I have never felt any need to explain or defend why I am an omnivore.

Quote:Have you ever had raw chicken?

Why on earth would I do that unless I was starving? I AM however,very partial to sushi and sushimi.Cool Shades
May I remind people that fundamentalisms (religious or other) are bad? If I eat meat I am a murderer? That's a staple of fundamentalism, eg "If you disagree with me you're immoral". If one is so sure about being vegan why the need to call eating meat a murder? And proselityze to others that eating meat is bad? Can't you be happy with just keeping your diet, and let others have their diet?

Keep your moral high ground dearly, And I'll keep eating meat being the murderous bad guy I am. Big Grin

Psychologically, vegans attribute human feelings and rationale to animals, as if they had them. This is a mistake and people that have pets usually do that eg: they tend to think other animals have the same behaviours and actions humans do. They are different animals. If you look at a lion that recently took over a pride, the first thing he'll do is kill all the breast feeding enfants. Is that immoral? He does this, because the lionesses will be in heat again therefore increasing the chance of him to reproduce.

You know what else is a murder? A band of crows Big Grin
(January 27, 2012 at 5:49 pm)Mitja Wrote: i dont see anything wrong with vegans/vegeterians im one of them myselfe.
Meat is murder!
why should i kill to feed

No matter what you eat, something has died to provide your meal.

Just remember that everything dies, and everything gets eaten by something else.

For that is Natures way.

If you still think otherwise....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPO3lLoewBXQ0lfDHS9g7...7gV9uUOJzA]
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Hmmmm, Zebras *Drools*

[Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]