Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 3, 2024, 5:01 am

Poll: Would you?
This poll is closed.
Yes
36.36%
4 36.36%
No
63.64%
7 63.64%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilemma for theists!
RE: Dilemma for theists!
Rhetorical was because all i saw was "why not" for a second and then you changed it and so i changed mine. Because its not sacrifice if i do kill him for me. If i repented, he would forgive me but i could not knowingly kill him if he ask me, that's why a bunch of Romans and Jews did it.
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
Damned Romans, Damned Jews! So you do require scapegoats for your scapegoats. Wouldn't want any sort of culpability fucking with your anti-culpability spell, rgr? Twice removed from guilt plus time, guess that should cover it.

Disgusting.

"Your honor, I did not kill that man. He was jumped by a meth addict, and then hit by a bus. I merely took the money out of his wallet that he would have wanted me to have. He often spoke of it."

This is called being party after the fact, christ-killer.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
And if he wanted me to have the money, they call it wills, i did not take it from his pocket. But good analogy, you didn't have me as part of the scheme to kill him but you would have me rob his dead copse because money is the same as saving grace. Real nice analogy.
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
Except that we have no such will. No signature, no witnesses. Just your word and the dead mans money in your pocket.

(Saving grace as spiritual currency, it was an easy comparison. Who is it that likes to blather on about debts to be paid in the first place? Not this guy. You are hoping to profit from the scapegoating of christ, aren't you?)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
There were witnesses they testified to the mans death and to his will. If you think they're faulty then that is your opinion. We must let the Judge decide when he is ready.
No, there weren't. No, they didn't. There is no such will. Again, your word and a dead man's money. You can make appeals to fairy tales all day long but it wont make what can be demonstrably shown any less disgusting. At what point are you going to get your head around that? It isn't the fairy tale that bothers me. There are much more brutal fairy tales. It's actual people that can advocate or make excuses for scapegoating, like you've been doing for pages on end.

If, for some hilarious reason, you feel that a "will" would make this okay even if it did exist, maybe you should reread the thread? We've been here before.

We have already argued all of this.

"Or accept that its magic, that Jesus is with God and like you said he sacrificed something more than a creature maybe it was his will."
Thats what i said last about this and im content with it.
Meh, I won't accept magic as an excuse. I also have to mention that in no way could the crucifixion scene be a sacrifice of gods will. It was gods will that determined it would happen, gods will that drove the magic machine.

It just another scapegoating narrative in a long line of scapegoating narratives. Juvenile attempts by regretful people to absolve themselves of whatever ate at them whilst simultaneously doing nothing to achieve absolution.

If it were magic (and magic did exist) and god (and god did exist) did sacrifice it's will (and it had one)...it would still be distgusting to me. I've explained this (and why) at length. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in all of this, as I've mentioned, my bar is pretty low for "goodness" and "decency". All you've done is thrown your hands in the air.

"Bad news for Jesus, good news for me. Whats done is done, I wouldn't do it, but since it's already been done. It totally works, no really, it does..." That shit doesn't work for me C. It really does sound pretty fucking horrible. That couldn't be a part of any god or religion I had confidence in. It's like asking me to "accept" evil, honestly. I refuse.
His will, that determined it, would happen before said sacrifice, seems plausible.
Actually CRod, no, none of it seems plausible at all. The word plausible is a measure of probability or possibility. How you've assigned a positive value to such things as magic is a mystery. Another one of those "despite reason" moments?

One's will and a will, entirely different things btw. A key component of a will, is that it be demonstrably authentic. It must stand up to scrutiny. Even so, if we want to continue with your weak attempts at wordplay, you've been willed blood money. Personally, it matters very little to me how such currency made it's way into my hands, I couldn't accept it. It's just not in me. Clearly you are elated to have an opportunity to avail yourself of such an exchange, provided that you can point to at least two parties between yourself and the terrible acts you wouldn't personally commit.

I made the comment that religious thinking crushes people, I want to explain why this is such a good example of this. You've maintained a level of personal integrity in this line of questioning. You wouldn't scapegoat anyone. You couldn't personally nail someone to a cross. You seem to understand the concept of blood money at least enough to argue against the notion that it is a key component of your religion. From your responses to these questions I'd say that at least in these regards I could turn my back on you and not expect to be stabbed. But then, your god narrative crops up, and it's 180 degrees on a dime. Then you become a scapegoater (three times, I might add), then, you can tell me why it's okay to have someone nailed to a cross. You even attempt to shower the act with compliments. All of a sudden you are the kind of person I'd have to keep my eyes on. Why is your faith exempt from the level of integrity that you've seen fit to live your life by? Why does your deity get a pass for those things which you could not stomach?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God and the dilemma with unfalsifiability ignoramus 322 60631 October 16, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 5093 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Here's A Dilemma Minimalist 57 11804 February 28, 2015 at 12:41 am
Last Post: ManMachine
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8564 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  The euthyphro dilemma. theVOID 38 18155 September 17, 2010 at 11:06 am
Last Post: tackattack