Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 5:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists are miserable.
RE: Atheists are miserable.
(May 14, 2012 at 8:18 pm)genkaus Wrote:
(May 14, 2012 at 7:22 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: You do not even know my ideology, as to provide any criticism on it, friend.

Your ideology drips from your every argument.

(May 14, 2012 at 7:22 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: But there surely must be a reason why you keep continuing to provoke me by stating I'm inferior. Maybe because you felt provoked when I myself professed superiority.
Rightfully, of course.

I don't get provoked by delusions of another. I simply pointed out that you were inferior by your own admission.
Does it?
Let's here my ideology from you then?
Besides, stating one is at a disadvantage in world politics is not to admit "inferiority". That is my final answer to that accusation.
Quote:Islam in terms of a major threat to the West, it is tiny over.Tthe last decade the whole Muslim population brought out 440 research papers, that's a smaller research foot print then Harvard. You may have a large number, but not the weapons to to be any major threat. If anybody is a threat to Western civilisation it is China as there smart, cunning and have the tech almost that to rival the USA. As for being miserable, I am pretty happy normally. Also no people is superior to anybody, just different.
Yeah, the moslem world. As I do care about the moslem world.
Besides, we Turks did not need a large number to invade places like China and India in the past. Neither did we need large numbers to rule over arabs with a tiny minority of Turks in Egypt.
We do not need weapons. We only need the strength of will.
Something which you people obviously lack.
Threat to western civilisation? We do not threaten anyone. We want to live with our own. If that requires a fight with China, we'll fight with China using the west.
If we require to combat the west, we'll use China instead.
I think it's time that the imperialists get a taste of their own medicine.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(May 15, 2012 at 3:41 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Yeah, the moslem world. As I do care about the moslem world.
Besides, we Turks did not need a large number to invade places like China and India in the past. Neither did we need large numbers to rule over arabs with a tiny minority of Turks in Egypt.
Islam along time ago was were the west is now, it was top if scientific research and yes dis not need the numbers and then some time ago Islam fundamentalists told over and Islam when into a scientific black hole which it has not come out of yet.
Quote:We do not need weapons. We only need the strength of will.
Something which you people obviously lack.
Well strength of will is good but having the hardware to back it up is better and besides if pushed We have a lot of strength of will as much we just don't need to show it
Quote:Threat to western civilisation? We do not threaten anyone. We want to live with our own. If that requires a fight with China, we'll fight with China using the west.
Well if China killed of its food chain (the $$$) its fucked.
Quote:If we require to combat the west, we'll use China instead.
I don't think they will appreciate being used.
Quote:I think it's time that the imperialists get a taste of their own medicine.

Really, OK, the West has done some pretty shit things in the world, but so has Islam. We are trying are best to try and get along with the Muslim world (for the most part). What is the Muslim world many gripe with the West? I am genuinely curious. As yes both sides have done so pretty shit things to each other.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(May 14, 2012 at 2:11 pm)Annik Wrote: Atheists are miserable.

I hear this a lot from the religious. They like to claim that we're some kind of empty shells that just sloth around without some kind of religion to motivate us. I have depression and anxiety (Thanks, Momma! <3 ), but I have to say that it's much easier to overcome now. I've never felt so happy, alive and free.

I plea guilty as charged when it comes to be being miserable. However I am miserable a lot of the time for reasons other than my religious views (or lack therefore).
undefined
Quote:Islam along time ago was were the west is now, it was top if scientific research and yes dis not need the numbers and then some time ago Islam fundamentalists told over and Islam when into a scientific black hole which it has not come out of yet.
Islam is a religion. It never was anywhere but in the hearts of people.
No one advanced due to Islam or declined due to it. The people in the moslem world simply did not feel the need to advance any further than they had to. They did not feel the need to colonize the Americas, for example. They did not feel the need to build an industry. Their lands were already filled with riches, gold and an abundance of food, water and luxury items such as silk, gems, slaves, spices and tobacco.
However, now, these items have become "basic" with the seafaring and colonizing nations, such as the spaniards and british, who simply traversed the ocean to get these goods without being dependant on the moslem world.

The fortune of the moslem world dissipated with the establishment of a sea trade route, that is all.
Fundamentalism had little to do with it. In fact, fundamentalism gradually declined, just as it did in the west.

The moslem world experienced it's worst during the cold war. No one can state otherwise.
Quote:Well strength of will is good but having the hardware to back it up is better and besides if pushed We have a lot of strength of will as much we just don't need to show it
Well, we are working on that. Hopefully, we will be independent on the west in the future for any sorts of military and civil technology.
Or we will have something to even the scales.
This is our goal.
Quote:Well if China killed of its food chain (the $$$) its fucked.
Best to get off the dollar train. Of course, we need some time and hard work to do that.
Quote:I don't think they will appreciate being used.
They are already being used. And they can't do anything about it.
Corporates are playing a double game.
Quote:Really, OK, the West has done some pretty shit things in the world, but so has Islam. We are trying are best to try and get along with the Muslim world (for the most part). What is the Muslim world many gripe with the West? I am genuinely curious. As yes both sides have done so pretty shit things to each other.
I don't know why you are always quoting the moslem world. I have never identified with the moslem world, friend. They are simply people I may have once shared a common history with, but I associate more with my christian Turkish brothers in Gagauzia than with the moslem Kurds in my own country.

I do not care if the US or the west is trying to get along with the moslems.
The west should try to get along with eachother first, before trying to be friendly with others.
And I think we've seen the mercy and friendship of the west with the death tolls of Iraq, and the two wars in Afghanistan. I hate communism, and I hate the Soviets. However, I can testify here and now, if the communists had taken over Afghanistan, it would not be in the state that it is now.
The west creates it's own enemies, and vanquishes them whenever they need a new one.

If you want to discuss politics, we can do so. It's my favorite topic.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Atheists are miserable.
When people say "atheists are miserable" I wonder what stereotype/caricature exists in their head.
(May 15, 2012 at 3:41 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Does it?
Let's here my ideology from you then?

Your ideology is a form of tribalism where you, without being able to give a rational cause for it, put your tribe, in this case your race, above everything else and consider its welfare (as you see it) as the ultimate moral value - irrespective of yours or your tribes actual actions.

(May 15, 2012 at 3:41 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Besides, stating one is at a disadvantage in world politics is not to admit "inferiority". That is my final answer to that accusation.

Since you identify your worth by the worth of your tribe and at the international level your tribe's worth is lower that another tribe's, then by your own admission - you are inferior. Its not rocket science, its simple arithmetic.
Quote:Your ideology is a form of tribalism where you, without being able to give a rational cause for it, put your tribe, in this case your race, above everything else and consider its welfare (as you see it) as the ultimate moral value - irrespective of yours or your tribes actual actions.
Well, what really is so wrong with that?
Do you not do the same?
Quote:Since you identify your worth by the worth of your tribe and at the international level your tribe's worth is lower that another tribe's, then by your own admission - you are inferior. Its not rocket science, its simple arithmetic.
Internationally, the worth of our tribe cannot be weighed. We are not united yet. So the fact that the country I live in has a lesser worth than the US, does not mean that my people are weighed in full by the others. Actually, they are, for that reason most of the world does not want a fully unified Turan.
Just as they do not want a fully unified Arabia.
Those two things would bring about the end of the western yoke on the world.
(May 15, 2012 at 11:55 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, what really is so wrong with that?
Do you not do the same?

It's irrational and immoral and no, I do not do the same.

kılıç_mehmet Wrote: dateline='1337097318']Internationally, the worth of our tribe cannot be weighed. We are not united yet. So the fact that the country I live in has a lesser worth than the US, does not mean that my people are weighed in full by the others. Actually, they are, for that reason most of the world does not want a fully unified Turan.

So, let's get this straight - even with the knowledge that unification would raise your collective worth, you people are still not united? Wow, you must be even more worthless than I previously thought.
(May 15, 2012 at 11:55 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
Quote:Your ideology is a form of tribalism where you, without being able to give a rational cause for it, put your tribe, in this case your race, above everything else and consider its welfare (as you see it) as the ultimate moral value - irrespective of yours or your tribes actual actions.
Well, what really is so wrong with that?
Do you not do the same?

Uh, no. Nobody with even a modicum of rationality does that. Personally, I live for self-creation, not for sucking the dick of some tribal faction or nation-state like you seem so proud of doing.

Enjoy living as an object of the world and not as a free agent, you sick fuck.
[Image: hoviksig-1.png]
Ex Machina Libertas
(May 15, 2012 at 11:55 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Internationally, the worth of our tribe cannot be weighed. We are not united yet. So the fact that the country I live in has a lesser worth than the US, does not mean that my people are weighed in full by the others. Actually, they are, for that reason most of the world does not want a fully unified Turan.

And would replace it with a Turkic yoke on the world. You are deluding yourself if you think that if your nation rose to power it would somehow take the altruistic route and work for the betterment of everyone else. You would do as the west does: Business before pleasure before charity, if indeed you even managed to get that far with your ideals. As you said about your own ideology:

Quote:Well, what really is so wrong with that?
Do you not do the same?

No. In fact there are very, very many in the western world who frown upon our own imperialistic ways, be they the genuine imperialism of the past or the corporate imperialism of today, neither of which the average citizen actively participates in. You, on the other hand, by admission, consider your own ideals superior to all others. And that, THAT is why a Turkic superpower would be a horrible thing if it were realized in your image; because when someone believes their ideology over everyone else, they will not stop at their own borders with it. After all, you continually make analogies to the huns and turks and how they basically dominated a huge chunk of the world through military action.

You and your kind, trusted with superpower status? HAH! I think not. It is amusing to me, too, that you talk up your barbarian ancestors who were well-known for their rape and murder sprees as they burned and razed cities, yet then decry the instantaneous snuffing of civilian lives from bombs. When the US invaded Iraq, even if it was naive and foolish, it was under the guise of deliverance from an oppressive dictator, and in a sense, that is what it did. Where your barbaric ancestors basically rode into the towns, burned EVERYTHING and killed or enslaved as many as they could, we at least TRIED to show restraint, and for the most part, succeeded. Obviously, there were accidents, and there were a few men who lost sight of their morals and values and took to murder themselves but on the vast major whole we were not, and when it happened, there was remorse.

And as you show, there is no remorse from your ancestors for their actions, not even from their descendants. You may talk up the "worth of unity" and of "overthrowing the yoke of the west" all you like, but from the perspective of history, from the perspective of modern economics, and from the perspective of both historical and modern politics, as Genkaus put it: You have no worth. Nothing notable to contribute to the world. And therefore you have no leverage. Until you have leverage, you have a hollow cause.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2260 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet