Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 3:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does Christianity gain ADULT converts?
RE: How does Christianity gain ADULT converts?
(July 19, 2012 at 1:09 pm)frankiej Wrote: People are stupid and gullible.

That and seriously messed up, at least from my experience.

A lot of fundamentalist Christians I know who converted as adults are stupid and gullible alas and a few who aren't are psychologically messed up.
undefined
Quote:How does Christianity gain ADULT converts?

Because God actually exists.
"the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate" (1 Cor. 1:19)
(July 20, 2012 at 12:49 am)Jeffonthenet Wrote:
Quote:How does Christianity gain ADULT converts?

Because God actually exists.

Well, you can't exactly use converts as proof your religion is true. People convert to Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Baha'i Faith, etc. I guess that means those religions are true as well. Adults became atheists, agnostics, and humanists too.

Newer religions with few children being born into them have to subsist nearly entirely on converts.
(July 19, 2012 at 4:43 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(July 19, 2012 at 3:03 pm)Godschild Wrote: A new study shows that at least 30% of atheist convert after they become adults, not all to Christianity but some religion. CNN.com

Can you link? For some reason Google is coming up dry for me on this one.

I do not know why you can't I got it from CNN.com. If I could get it to you I would, not that computer savvy.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 20, 2012 at 4:18 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(July 19, 2012 at 4:43 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Can you link? For some reason Google is coming up dry for me on this one.

I do not know why you can't I got it from CNN.com. If I could get it to you I would, not that computer savvy.

Yes please I would be interested in a new study as well. You don't have to post links just give us a bit more to go on than "a study". Perhaps a name of a person or institution that was involved.

Regards

Grimesy
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

They see how fake it is to live life trying to strive for the fleeting.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adult coloring books will get you possessed by demons!!!! drfuzzy 31 4694 March 1, 2016 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7133 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Does Calvinism make the most sense as far as Christianity Goes? The Batlord 63 17571 August 16, 2015 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7374 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8591 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18580 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Atheists and Agnostics risk infinite loss for no gain SavedByGraceThruFaith 313 117440 October 5, 2013 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Priest arrested in Adult video store! Thor 85 23048 December 10, 2010 at 11:41 am
Last Post: hellfire