Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 5:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Where do atheists get their morality from?
RE: Where do atheists get their morality from?
(September 3, 2012 at 12:23 am)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: I asked for two conditions prior to me doing any kind of challenge. They haven't been met yet. I don't recall anyone asking me what the conditions were.

As part of the first condition, I want a list of everybody who wants me to do this challenge, a list of people who do not, and a list of people who are indifferent. Get that done, and we're halfway through the first part of my condition. I want to see that list posted, in this thread or in a separate thread.

If you want me to do the challenge, this is how you get me to do it.

edit: And I want it done in 24 hours.

Blasphemy is such a simple thing to do. But if you want others to do so much work before you can bloody blaspheme, you might as well say you don't want to blaspheme. Obviously, you see blasphemy as such a huge thing that you make so many demands before you will do it. Honestly, blasphemy is no big deal. There is no bogeyman out there who will punish you for it. Surely you are old enough to realize that? Tell you what. If God wants to punish you, send him to me and I'll beat the daylights out of the little bugger. You feel better?
Yeah, I've never seen the term Christian redefined to such an extant before.
My apologies all, specifically DeistPaladin & Boccaccio. Been spending the long weekend engaged with the family at home, so haven't had the time to make any real thoughtful responses. I still would like to provide them to your questions if you'll allow it, for they were great questions and issues raised, so please forgive my absence.

I've been coming on and off to at least read what's been going on, and Vinny here seems to be responding much in the same way I would regarding moral values and atheism, in general. I admire his honesty about the subject!
Sorry to say, stephen, that Vinny's responses have been drop-kick material, using false dichotomies, straw men and obvious ignorance of research as his basis. I would not be too keen to hitch myself to his wagon if I were you, but it is your decision to make.
(September 3, 2012 at 7:51 am)stephenmills1000 Wrote: My apologies all, specifically DeistPaladin & Boccaccio. Been spending the long weekend engaged with the family at home, so haven't had the time to make any real thoughtful responses. I still would like to provide them to your questions if you'll allow it, for they were great questions and issues raised, so please forgive my absence.

I've been coming on and off to at least read what's been going on, and Vinny here seems to be responding much in the same way I would regarding moral values and atheism, in general. I admire his honesty about the subject!

Honesty? Vinny is dishonest. He is a Christian who pretends to be an atheist. I have challenged him to blaspheme the Holy Trinity to prove that he's an atheist and he baulks at the idea.
(September 3, 2012 at 7:51 am)stephenmills1000 Wrote: I've been coming on and off to at least read what's been going on, and Vinny here seems to be responding much in the same way I would regarding moral values and atheism, in general. I admire his honesty about the subject!

Wait. What? Is he your sock puppet?

Thinking
[Image: ascent_descent422.jpg]
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
(September 3, 2012 at 7:51 am)stephenmills1000 Wrote: I've been coming on and off to at least read what's been going on, and Vinny here seems to be responding much in the same way I would regarding moral values and atheism, in general. I admire his honesty about the subject!

[Image: kiddingme.png]

Seriously, don't insult yourself like that; it's very bad for your self esteem.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

I also admire Vinny but more in his art of being a blatantly obvious Poe. He makes me look subtle by comparison.

P.S. I do hope he takes me up on my offer to debate him, Poe Christian vs. Poe atheist.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
lol, yikes! Sorry!

The only thing worse than a Christian here is a Christian pretending to be an atheist, eh? If someone makes a good point, I have no problem agreeing with them, regardless of "allegiance."
(September 3, 2012 at 8:31 am)stephenmills1000 Wrote: lol, yikes! Sorry!

The only thing worse than a Christian here is a Christian pretending to be an atheist, eh? If someone makes a good point, I have no problem agreeing with them, regardless of "allegiance."

A Christian pretending to be an atheist is DISHONEST. People have accused me of being an atheist. At least I'm honest about what I believe and I have given my views in detail. I consider myself a Christian because of the obvious definition used by church and priests. But Vinny is different. He doesn't even consider himself an atheist but he represents himself FALSELY as one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morality Kingpin 101 6199 May 31, 2023 at 6:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Case for Inherent Morality JohnJubinsky 66 7062 June 22, 2021 at 10:35 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1524 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Morality without God Superjock 102 9613 June 17, 2021 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  How to beat a presupp at their own game Superjock 150 12556 April 16, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Morality Agnostico 337 39492 January 30, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4606 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Famous people losing their religion: stories Fake Messiah 14 2823 May 21, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Developing systems of morality, outside of religious influence. Kookaburra 28 4287 March 20, 2018 at 1:27 am
Last Post: haig
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2253 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet