Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 2:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiencing 'proof'
RE: Experiencing 'proof'
So the point of this post is to ask us to let jesus into our hearts, eh? ROFLOL

Nail it to the door man, I'll read it later after I'm done with The Watchtower.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 15, 2012 at 12:13 pm)Drich Wrote: It is what I needed to establish a faith and subsequently maintain it. The point of this post is to inform you all that this same level of attention has been offered to you as well. If you indeed A/S/K for it/Holy Spirit.

The point of you post is that we can't expect other people to successfully delude us, only we can delude ourselves enough to accept Jesus. I have also (and repeatedly) asked how you can calim you were A/S/King when people who search for god much more fervently never find him. You have yet to provide a serious answer.
(November 15, 2012 at 12:13 pm)Drich Wrote: I have read all of your posts, and to the one that address my OP they all seemed to be based on the idea that my experience is my experience, or that a dream is not to be considered experience, etc.. The bigger picture here has nothing to do with what I have experienced, as this is what God taylored for me. It is what I needed to establish a faith and subsequently maintain it. The point of this post is to inform you all that this same level of attention has been offered to you as well. If you indeed A/S/K for it/Holy Spirit.
Drich, we all understand your Point of view.
It is you who fail to understand ours.

In our world, god is assumed not to exist. If it turns out that it does exist, we'll then act accordingly, but so far, it has been absent from all scrutiny, so we just assume it doesn't exist.
In our world, what you interpret as your tailor made brain (your dreams do happen in your brain, right?) to accommodate god, we interpret as a brain that was gullible enough to accept a fantasy as real.
From our Point of view, your brain lacks a BullShit detector, or has been tinkered by your experience (here, used in proper context) to ignore this BS detector.

You say you have some form of dyslexia.... maybe it affects other parts of your brain in some other ways, leading you to accept BS as real.
maybe... you're special, that way...

Now you're preaching.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 15, 2012 at 12:38 pm)Darkstar Wrote:
(November 15, 2012 at 12:13 pm)Drich Wrote: It is what I needed to establish a faith and subsequently maintain it. The point of this post is to inform you all that this same level of attention has been offered to you as well. If you indeed A/S/K for it/Holy Spirit.

The point of you post is that we can't expect other people to successfully delude us, only we can delude ourselves enough to accept Jesus. I have also (and repeatedly) asked how you can calim you were A/S/King when people who search for god much more fervently never find him. You have yet to provide a serious answer.
Because you can not provide specifics. I can not completely judge another man's efforts works and the condition of his heart without more detail. I have given you the easy answer, but you have dismissed it. (He is not following the path laid out in luke 11 or He falls under what Pauls says in romans 9)
So unless you can provide things that only God and the person making the effort can provide i have no answer for you.

(November 15, 2012 at 12:39 pm)apophenia Wrote:

Now you're preaching.

Nope, but I can preach if you simply request it.
(November 15, 2012 at 12:42 pm)Drich Wrote: So unless you can provide things that only God and the person making the effort can provide i have no answer for you.

There`s eighter another language bareer here for me, or this is just a textbookexample of ignorance.
(November 15, 2012 at 12:42 pm)Drich Wrote: Because you can not provide specifics. I can not completely judge another man's efforts works and the condition of his heart without more detail. I have given you the easy answer, but you have dismissed it. (He is not following the path laid out in luke 11 or He falls under what Pauls says in romans 9)
So unless you can provide things that only God and the person making the effort can provide i have no answer for you.

I don't have a specific exampe on hand (maybe someone else here does?), but the point is that even if I did, even if the person followed the path laid out in luke 11, if that person died having not found god you would still have some excuse to say why he didn't, wouldn't you? Can you imagine an instance in which you would admit that the path in luke 11 did not work, even though applied correctly and persistently? I cannot; you would deny that he followed it either by saying that he did it wrong outright, or, if he followed it to the letter, that he missed so hidden condition that was [somehow] implied somewhere in the bible.
(November 15, 2012 at 12:39 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(November 15, 2012 at 12:13 pm)Drich Wrote: I have read all of your posts, and to the one that address my OP they all seemed to be based on the idea that my experience is my experience, or that a dream is not to be considered experience, etc.. The bigger picture here has nothing to do with what I have experienced, as this is what God taylored for me. It is what I needed to establish a faith and subsequently maintain it. The point of this post is to inform you all that this same level of attention has been offered to you as well. If you indeed A/S/K for it/Holy Spirit.
Drich, we all understand your Point of view.
It is you who fail to understand ours.

In our world, god is assumed not to exist. If it turns out that it does exist, we'll then act accordingly, but so far, it has been absent from all scrutiny, so we just assume it doesn't exist.
In our world, what you interpret as your tailor made brain (your dreams do happen in your brain, right?) to accommodate god, we interpret as a brain that was gullible enough to accept a fantasy as real.
From our Point of view, your brain lacks a BullShit detector, or has been tinkered by your experience (here, used in proper context) to ignore this BS detector.

You say you have some form of dyslexia.... maybe it affects other parts of your brain in some other ways, leading you to accept BS as real.
maybe... you're special, that way...

I get your POV probably better than you do. For I have lived it and spent the last 5 or 6 years argueing it with people far smarter than you.;P

What I am providing is a way to get proof for those who want 'proof.' I am showing you a way for God to move mountains in your life to give you the 'proof' He promised. If you don't want it, or if your one of those who can't worship a God that does not accept your morality/you for who you are then know I am not speaking to you. Just know (for God) Your 'proof' arguement is over.
(November 15, 2012 at 12:50 pm)Drich Wrote: What I am providing is a way to get proof for those who want 'proof.' I am showing you a way for God to move mountains in your life to give you the 'proof' He promised. If you don't want it, or if your one of those who can't worship a God that does not accept your morality/you for who you are then know I am not speaking to you. Just know (for God) Your 'proof' arguement is over.

And when your method horribly fails...?
http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismmyths...indGod.htm
Quote:Did they mean it? As much as any other Christian. People commit the fallacy of Special Pleading if they try to claim that an atheist couldn't have "really" meant it if they aren't a Christian now. They often attended Bible studies, both as a child and/or as an adult. They often had discussions long into the night with a Vicar, Pastor, or Elder. They prayed, and were prayed for. They attended revivalist meetings and sang their hearts out. They studied and asked for signs. They worked very hard trying to find God.

In the end, though, neither God nor religion "worked." Doubts appeared and questions grew more intense and more difficult. Satisfactory answers did not appear, either from religious leaders or from God. Either He didn't want to help, or He wasn't there — in fact, this lack of contact and persistence of nonbelief among people is itself a very good reason to doubt the existence of many alleged gods.

Some theists will then go on to assert: You weren't really trying in your heart.

But how do they know? I know that I was, as hard as I could. They don't think that I was just deliberately wasting my time, do they? This second claim is more arrogant than the first one above because no one can so confidently claim to know the "heart" of another person when they have never met or did not know each other during the time in question, much less today.
Do you know what seperates those who have found god from those who haven't? Two things: Level of credulity (finders > non-finders), whether or not they had a god dream or similar experience (at least partly up to chance).

One more thing I would like to ask: If you had met your younger self searching for god to spit in his eye, and he did not find god, but you did when you were his age (with a different method) would you defend his method as legitimate?
All the while conveniently demonstrating that you have no idea what proof is to begin with,and offering nothing as that proof (only the promise that it's out there..somewhere...thank you Mulder). Jerkoff

I don't understand Drich's point of view at all btw Poca, because his point of view appears to be completely fucking insane...I am unable to understand a point of view that is completely fucking insane...due to my not being completely fucking insane.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My experiencing rooming with a Christian EgoDeath 26 4337 October 21, 2019 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath