Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 6:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-Christians
RE: Ex-Christians
(November 14, 2012 at 11:46 pm)Tnmusicman Wrote: Actually,if you notice I didn't jump at you until after you said calm down. What I said to you before was hardly jumping down your throat. If you think it is you need to grow thicker skin.

thicker skin?? I never said anything about a thicker skin. Stop projecting little fella and keep dancing.

In fact I would never want you to grow a thicker skin. You wouldn't be entertaining me and making the baby jesus cry by calling me that dirty slang for vaginas. Angel
[Image: Evolution.png]

I'd have at least gone with 'Cinjina'.
(November 15, 2012 at 1:14 am)Cinjin Wrote:
(November 14, 2012 at 11:46 pm)Tnmusicman Wrote: Actually,if you notice I didn't jump at you until after you said calm down. What I said to you before was hardly jumping down your throat. If you think it is you need to grow thicker skin.

thicker skin?? I never said anything about a thicker skin. Stop projecting little fella and keep dancing.

In fact I would never want you to grow a thicker skin. You wouldn't be entertaining me and making the baby jesus cry by calling me that dirty slang for vaginas. :angel

What the hell is the matter with you ? I know you didn't say anything about thick skin!! I said YOU need to grow thicker skin if you thought my post to you was jumping down your throat. Got it??
Geez, you need to practice what you preach about reading comprehension. At least be truthful when you make a comment about what someone else said to you.
(November 15, 2012 at 7:14 pm)Tnmusicman Wrote: What the hell is the matter with you ? I know you didn't say anything about thick skin!! I said YOU need to grow thicker skin if you thought my post to you was jumping down your throat. Got it??
Geez, you need to practice what you preach about reading comprehension. At least be truthful when you make a comment about what someone else said to you.

This is starting to feel like foreplay in the 6th grade. Are you just trying to goad me into going out with you???

I have a strict rule about men. No men. Now either stop flirting with me or move along sir. (I figure if you can use my phraseology than I can go ahead and use yours.)
[Image: Evolution.png]

Tnm not worthy of engagement??

Check Big Grin
(November 15, 2012 at 7:32 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
(November 15, 2012 at 7:14 pm)Tnmusicman Wrote: What the hell is the matter with you ? I know you didn't say anything about thick skin!! I said YOU need to grow thicker skin if you thought my post to you was jumping down your throat. Got it??

This is starting to feel like foreplay in the 6th grade. Are you just trying to goad me into going out with you???

I have a strict rule about men. No men. Now either stop flirting with me or move along sir. (I figure if you can use my phraseology than I can go ahead and use yours.)
Did I use your phraseology? I told you to PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH but that's all I could see.
It's obvious you are either not capable of or unwilling to accept responsibility for you assininedness. I expected that from you. I shall pray for you (really I will) .
Tnmusician Wrote:I shall pray for you (really I will) .

I realize that you believe Cinjin has wronged you, which I won't get into as it's not my fight, but do you realize that this is about as big of an insult you hurl at anyone, let alone a non-believer? Essentially, what you are saying is that you think that the person you will be praying for is such a horrible human being that you will petition your deity on their behalf to intervene in their life to turn them into something you find more agreeable, or at the very least, show them some mercy. It would have been less insulting and less condescending to simply have called him an "asshole."

Now, maybe you didn't intend it that way, but that is how it comes across.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
If I were to say to someone "I pity you", I would be, and have been, considered condescending at best. But when someone says "I'll pray for you", in the sense that is intended here, that of addressing some perceived pitiable character flaw making that person inferior in some way, we're expected to be grateful.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Maybe he meant, "I shall pray for you, not running in to me one day and kicking my ass for being such a nasty critter. (really I will) ." .....
"Jesus is like an unpaid babysitter "
R. Gervais
Hello Tnmusician, I want to play a game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQk8VNkAZBw

In 60 seconds you will burn in that stove you are in, you can try to pray for god, or you can leave the stove. Live or die, make your choice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 9730 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 35727 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 55655 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 17159 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 10187 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris