Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 1:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Avoiding questions
RE: Avoiding questions
I'm lost here. Can someone explain to me what alpo wants an exegesis on please? Or is she just "avoiding questions?"
Big Grin
(November 29, 2012 at 5:13 pm)Drich Wrote: I'm lost here. Can someone explain to me what alpo wants an exegesis on please? Or is she just "avoiding questions?"
Big Grin

Don't really know... take your pick:
https://atheistforums.org/search.php?act...order=desc
(November 29, 2012 at 5:32 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(November 29, 2012 at 5:13 pm)Drich Wrote: I'm lost here. Can someone explain to me what alpo wants an exegesis on please? Or is she just "avoiding questions?"
Big Grin

Don't really know... take your pick:

still didn't see it.

Was she perhaps looking for a Hindu exegesis for my assertion that they do not worship a personal God?
(November 29, 2012 at 6:22 pm)Drich Wrote:
(November 29, 2012 at 5:32 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Don't really know... take your pick:

still didn't see it.

Was she perhaps looking for a Hindu exegesis for my assertion that they do not worship a personal God?

Here it is:

Quote:Still waiting on your exegesis of the word holy which I asked you which you seem to have.... what's the word I'm looking for here....
(November 29, 2012 at 6:25 pm)Gambit Wrote:
(November 29, 2012 at 6:22 pm)Drich Wrote: still didn't see it.

Here it is:

Quote:Still waiting on your exegesis of the word holy which I asked you which you seem to have.... what's the word I'm looking for here....

Thank you:

I am using the word Holy to mean to be set apart or to be santified by God.

The Hebrew word is:qodesh

It means:
1) apartness, holiness, sacredness, separateness

a) apartness, sacredness, holiness

1) of God

2) of places

3) of things

b) set-apartness, separateness

The Greek word is:hosios
1) undefiled by sin, free from wickedness, religiously observing every moral obligation, pure holy, pious
Why do you come on Atheist Forums again, Drich?
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

He's "working" to spread God's word.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

He's working to spread something, that's for darn sure.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 29, 2012 at 10:38 am)Drich Wrote: You've never Heard of the Holy Bible? It contains a total of 66 books.
You did not say Holy Bible, you said "The Holy One". Come on Drich, I have asked a serious question, and you want to play silly buggers.

Quote: Again, this question can not answered, as no english version can be 100% accurate. Simply because not every word in the orginal script can be translated completely into english. So depending whom I am speaking and their level of understanding along with the topic. I will use any translation from the easy to read version, to the NKJV to the Blue Letter bible and concordance.
So you are saying that there is no english version of the bible which is 100% the word of god.

I will try again. This question is to find out what you use for yourself.

Which bible(s) do you use? If there is more then one please tell us which one you consider to be the one closest to the word of god in english?

Please provide the links to each one. The reason I want this is so there is no mistakes or confusion made on our part if you provide the links to each version. This way you will have more time to answer questions. Smile

Quote:which one?
All you use for yourself.

Quote:http://www.biblegateway.com/ This is a great website. I think just about every single major translation in every language is repersented here. even some of the more obscure versions with different books.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/
this is the blue letter bible and concordance. It's principle translation in the KJV, but if you put in a passage and click on any one of the numbered words it gives you the Orginal greek or Hebrew words and their defination and a short explaination as to which meaning was used and sometimes why.
I am after links to each version, see above.
Quote:like wise.
Really you have not been clear. Your have been acting like a politician. How can we ask you questions about the bible if you cannot tell us which version. I am actually amazed that there is not one bible you use since it is supposed to be the word of god. Would that not mean there is only one bible which is correct(or close as possible being correct due to translation problems.)

It just come to me. I assume you go to church. Which bible does your church use? Please provide the publisher and anything else so we can know which one it is.
(November 28, 2012 at 12:04 pm)Drich Wrote: Some seem to thing that the theist here are avoiding questions. I can not speak for everyone, but i know I don't unless the question is an attempt to derail the topic or is just beligerantly disrespectful or blasphmous. Basically The whole "Don't throw your pearls of wisdom before swine." Command Christ issued.

So, if you don't wish to debate, you just call your opponent blasphemous?