Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 5:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask A Vegan Anything.
RE: Ask A Vegan Anything.
(January 8, 2013 at 4:31 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:
(January 8, 2013 at 12:37 pm)BGChuckLee Wrote: ..
I don't have special genes, I used to be borderline obese myself when I was in my early teens...

So, like when? Last year?

18 Now, the picture I linked was when I was 14.
18, good, so when you get that "rapey vibe" from a woman she can put you away for a long time. Oh I forgot, you wouldn't push yourself on anyone because their "poker face" would tell you yes, even if they are saying no.
(January 8, 2013 at 11:32 am)BGChuckLee Wrote: (I have been vegan for 2 years, I eat an extremely high carb/low fat diet.

My daily diet is something like:
5-15 bananas
A kilo of rice
Vegetable Curry or Stew
2 litres of Orange Juice
2 litres of banana/berry smoothie
10-20 dates
Half a Pineapple

No beans? Do you check to make sure you're getting enough protein?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
We've been over this. He thinks there is protein in everything. He's going to die.
(January 8, 2013 at 10:16 pm)Shell B Wrote: We've been over this. He thinks there is protein in everything. He's going to die.

I hope his girlfriend doesn't give him a hummer, there is protein in that too. Well if he could do himself, he wouldn't need to pay for any protein.

Over the top, um, maybe, but considering how outlandish his logic is, I think the joke is perfectly appropriate.
(January 8, 2013 at 10:16 pm)Shell B Wrote: We've been over this. He thinks there is protein in everything. He's going to die.

Yeah, sounds kinda dumb. When you're young, you can get by with a less-than-perfect diet, but as you get older, those diet defeciencies are going to get more and more difficult.

I just got finished with a nutrition class and one of the points that kept coming up was that vegaterian (or vegan) diets tend to be low in protein but also low in fat and cholesterol. You can get extra protein by eating more beans, legumes, nuts, rice, lentils and soy, but those are about the plant-based sources of protein out there. If you want, I can scan the pages from the text book that say that and show the link.

Yeah, I'm sure people like PETA have plenty of resources telling you how to get protein out of non-animal sources. Just like I'm sure National Organization for Marriage has lots of reparative therapy programs that work. Just like I'm sure creationists have all kinds of evidence of a young earth. Just like I'm sure Republicans have all kinds of proof that tax cuts on the wealthy actually stimulates business. Just like I'm sure there are people on this forum of all religions who claim they have proof that their way is the right way. In short, all any of these groups or people have are confirmation bias. Find a non-biased source, see what they say and get back to me; I say a fuckin' text book is a pretty non-biased source.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Au contraire! Our young padawan has admitted his bisexuality. Is there 'really' any curiosity regarding his protein intake?
That's a bit below the belt.

Cool Shades
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 9, 2013 at 2:16 am)Stimbo Wrote: That's a bit below the belt.

Cool Shades

Where the fuck am I supposed to punch when he wears it on his forehead?
Perhaps I should have specified that the phrase was referring to the location of his protein supply, but it's hard to do that in smilies without ruining the 'joke' completely. The point in your reply still stands, though, and beautifully so. Quite like Chuckles's protein vendor, in fact.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow What science says about plant-based diets (Vegan) NeotericNinja 68 10184 May 23, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Dysgenics - anything to worry about? Haydn2 0 780 September 15, 2012 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Haydn2