Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What science says about plant-based diets (Vegan)
Rainbow 
What science says about plant-based diets (Vegan)
Curious what others have concluded after looking into the science-based evidence backing the vegan movement?  It's really difficult to argue against the evidence showing in nutrition science studies.  Then we have the environmental implications which I am sure we have all been made aware of the negative consequences of mass animal agriculture.  Economically, when you combine the medical and environmental consequences, it's just completely illogical to continue consuming not only fossil fuels but animals as we have been.  What are your thoughts on why so many people choose to turn away from the evidence supporting plant-based diets?  Have you looked at the evidence yourself?  If we wish to believe as many true things and as few false things as possible then surely we are required to avoid ignorance especially concerning matters that have massive negative consequences if we neglect to examine the claim and its evidence.  I would really love to hear what others thoughts are on this! Smile
RE: What science says about plant-based diets (Vegan)
It's your choice to be vegan.

I don't want to be.

I like meat.
Welcome matey... If you can be bothered, go to the intro section, tell a bit about yourself so we can formally welcome you....
Catch.

Uhmmm, is bacon a vegetable? If so, I love vegetables!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
[Image: oawjs.jpg]
The thing is that veganism done right leads to a perfectly healthy lifestyle.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: 05199be18ab60d142733a33d28e85580ab23b2-wm.jpg]
Great wall of text, why?
~ Erin Hunter
How the fuck do I know?  Sometimes that happens.
(May 21, 2016 at 1:19 am)Maelstrom Wrote: The thing is that veganism done right leads to a perfectly healthy lifestyle.

And that's fine. Nobody is stopping anyone from becoming a vegan. Vegans, on the other hand, preach and try to force their lifestyle on everyone else.

I'll take a nice juicy steak over a plate of plants any day.
(May 21, 2016 at 1:29 am)Bella Morte Wrote: And that's fine. Nobody is stopping anyone from becoming a vegan. Vegans, on the other hand, preach and try to force their lifestyle on everyone else.

I'll take a nice juicy steak over a plate of plants any day.

Not all vegans, just as not all Christians preach.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've made a new video against low-carb diets FlatAssembler 234 23783 November 14, 2022 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Life After Death Is Impossible, Says Scientist Fake Messiah 121 10019 February 23, 2021 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A Human says what? Brian37 37 3190 June 29, 2020 at 12:24 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Ketogenic Diets against Epilepsy FlatAssembler 30 2939 May 20, 2020 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Fox host says he 'hasn't washed hands in 10 years' zebo-the-fat 12 1551 February 20, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Diets according to brain biologist from Russia purplepurpose 10 1771 November 15, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Air pollution causes cancer, world health authority says pocaracas 3 1347 October 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  'Afterlife' feels 'even more real than real,' researcher says pocaracas 5 2950 April 18, 2013 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Tonus
  A Plant Joke RonaldReagansGhost666 2 1236 March 8, 2013 at 12:41 am
Last Post: RonaldReagansGhost666
  Ask A Vegan Anything. BGChuckLee 155 44363 January 27, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Nine