Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 4:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proving God Existence
RE: Proving God Existence
(May 7, 2013 at 7:57 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: The proof is tricky because it is disproving No god instead of Proving God directly

That is tricky; however, what's even trickier is to then show that your god is the one true god of the thousands that raise their hands when you disprove 'no god'.
Complete nonsense. Junk math.
(May 8, 2013 at 12:55 am)cato123 Wrote:
(May 7, 2013 at 7:57 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: The proof is tricky because it is disproving No god instead of Proving God directly

That is tricky; however, what's even trickier is to then show that your god is the one true god of the thousands that raise their hands when you disprove 'no god'.

Disproving "no god" is the dumbest statement ever! Double Negative!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(May 7, 2013 at 7:57 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: This cannot be proven

Islam does confirm the existence of human-like creatures before Adam
I cannot prove that Adam/humans didn't evolve from other species

It can be proven only by revelation as I mentioned about Quran verses.

How wonderfully convenient that I can have revelations which will prove everything I say, too!
(May 8, 2013 at 2:01 am)Ryantology Wrote:
(May 7, 2013 at 7:57 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: This cannot be proven

Islam does confirm the existence of human-like creatures before Adam
I cannot prove that Adam/humans didn't evolve from other species

It can be proven only by revelation as I mentioned about Quran verses.

How wonderfully convenient that I can have revelations which will prove everything I say, too!
Revelation is a proof
if it is proved first to be true from God

(May 8, 2013 at 1:43 am)Dragonetti Wrote: Disproving "no god" is the dumbest statement ever! Double Negative!
I think it is too advanced to your mutated brain

(May 8, 2013 at 12:55 am)cato123 Wrote:

I already went almost there
Because the proven attributes of that God Matches only Islam
(May 8, 2013 at 4:26 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Revelation is a proof

Good luck with that last part!

Quote:I already went almost there

I think you mean "asserted," not "proven."
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 8, 2013 at 4:26 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote:
(May 8, 2013 at 2:01 am)Ryantology Wrote: How wonderfully convenient that I can have revelations which will prove everything I say, too!
Revelation is a proof

(May 8, 2013 at 1:43 am)Dragonetti Wrote: Disproving "no god" is the dumbest statement ever! Double Negative!
I think it is too advanced to your mutated brain

(May 8, 2013 at 12:55 am)cato123 Wrote: That is tricky; however, what's even trickier is to then show that your god is the one true god of the thousands that raise their hands when you disprove 'no god'.
I already went almost there

I think not. That logic is backwards. You must first prove god, not disprove no god, SCIENCE does not work in that fashion. Logic proofs does not out weigh Science, just because you claim it.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
STILL waiting for proof of this "god-thingy" :S
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(May 8, 2013 at 12:33 am)Esquilax Wrote: Crazy thought: how about instead of just claiming you can proof something and then making us wait- presumably while you scrabble for an actual answer to the claim you've made- a few posts before you finally get around to it, why not just proof the damn thing in the same post that you claim to have proof.

Wouldn't that save so much time?

It would save time and have the added benefit of keeping the insanity concentrated into fewer posts.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(May 8, 2013 at 4:42 am)Dragonetti Wrote: I think not. That logic is backwards. You must first prove god, not disprove no god, SCIENCE does not work in that fashion. Logic proofs does not out weigh Science, just because you claim it.
You need to read a bit about logic and proofs!

Prove by Contradiction is a well known concept in Algorithms and Logic

Logic is the basic understanding method for human
Science is built on logic, that is why logic is more sound

There are many refuted and false scientific theories
On the other-hand logic concepts were never refuted of proved to be false; it is impossible because when we try to do that we need to use logic itself.

(May 8, 2013 at 12:49 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(May 8, 2013 at 12:33 am)Esquilax Wrote: Crazy thought: how about instead of just claiming you can proof something and then making us wait- presumably while you scrabble for an actual answer to the claim you've made- a few posts before you finally get around to it, why not just proof the damn thing in the same post that you claim to have proof.

Wouldn't that save so much time?

It would save time and have the added benefit of keeping the insanity concentrated into fewer posts.
If I posted everything together it will be a chaos and most of you will not be able to correlate the pieces together

(May 8, 2013 at 4:37 am)Esquilax Wrote: I think you mean "asserted," not "proven."
Assertion is not based on facts
My proof is based on logic (whether you like it or not)
The problem is that you need to refute it (logically) to claim it invalid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 824 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The existence of God smithd 314 22837 November 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Proving What We Already "Know" bennyboy 171 18258 July 30, 2022 at 1:40 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1938 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6834 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Best arguments for or against God's existence mcc1789 22 3122 May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 8511 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 14380 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 14663 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Arguments for God's Existence from Contingency datc 386 44381 December 1, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist