Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 7, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians Endorse God's Hatred
RE: Christians Endorse God's Hatred
(November 21, 2013 at 6:25 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Only you would know. Search your heart and ask yourself if your disbelief is purely intellectual. Seems that atheists are quick to attribute our belief to anxiety over death. But when it comes to their lack of belief they insist its all about the lack of evidence rather than convincing themselves that fornication is harmless fun.

...and did you say 'pegged'?

Well, considering I became an atheist seven years before losing my virginity, and I waited in a relationship for three years until my girlfriend, who later became my wife, was ready, I'd saying the desire to fornicate played absolutely no part of it. But please, do go on sanctimoniously speculating on my motivations. It would be humorous if it wasn't so egregiously ignoratn.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 21, 2013 at 6:25 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Only you would know. Search your heart and ask yourself if your disbelief is purely intellectual. Seems that atheists are quick to attribute our belief to anxiety over death. But when it comes to their lack of belief they insist its all about the lack of evidence rather than convincing themselves that fornication is harmless fun.

...and did you say 'pegged'?

Considering the best evidence you could muster was "it's just everywhere, man! Look around!" I think we can be fairly certain that the lack of evidence is a major contributing factor.

Consider this, since I know it's hard for a christian to put themselves in anyone else's shoes: without a belief in god, the sexual mores he demands are just arbitrary means of control. Without a belief in god, without the fist shaking threats, there's no reason to follow those meaningless commandments, except for where there's some applicable, real world sense to them. If you'd actually thought about this honestly for a moment, instead of using the available information thoughtlessly to smear atheists, you'd understand that our sexual relaxation is based in our disbelief, which is based in the lack of evidence, not the reverse.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Well, Esquillax, to consider that people aren't atheists because of some ulterior motives means considering that the evidence isn't as ubiquitous as they've deluded themselves into believing. It's a defense mechanism at its finest.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Did Chad really pull the old "you're an atheist just because you want to sin" card? Really, Chad? That's like me saying that you're a Christian because you want to remain bigoted and ignorant (which I'm not saying, and I hope that isn't at all the case).
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
The only reason I'm an atheist is because... Thinking

Of many reasons blind theists will never comprehend.
(November 21, 2013 at 7:22 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: Did Chad really pull the old "you're an atheist just because you want to sin" card? Really, Chad?

And you are surprised because?

Even if you overlook the fact that he is also way down there with GC, Drich and like in his discernment, penetration and desperation, he is still the very same smarmy wooters who casually informed us that not to agree with hhis world view is to go to hell.
(November 21, 2013 at 5:53 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote:
(November 21, 2013 at 5:00 pm)Godschild Wrote: This has been shown here many times to be the wrong interpretation of the verse, why can't you learn anything from what others have shown you.

GC
The wrong interpretation? Or the one you don't like.

Well, if you don't fancy throwing the stones at the kids, we could always throw the kids at the stones

“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks"

What's the correct interpretation of that one?

You give me an interpretation of the stoning of children that disobey.

The verse you are using, trying to make God look like the bad guy is in actuality a cry from a distraught Israelite who was anguishing over the disaster of his people.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(November 21, 2013 at 7:37 pm)Godschild Wrote: The verse you are using, trying to make God look like the bad guy is in actuality a cry from a distraught Israelite who was anguishing over the disaster of his people.

GC
(bold added by me)
You mean the disaster of religious people? Thinking
(November 21, 2013 at 6:58 pm)Ryantology Wrote: God's
attitude towards sex is like pouring sugar on the floor and then getting pissed off at the ants.

FNM and Esq, I invite you to reconsider your opinion in light of Ryanology's profile GIF and his comments. I think it is safe to say those count as evidence that my speculation about motives applies, at the very least, to Ryan.
(November 21, 2013 at 7:58 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: I invite you to reconsider... Ryanology's profile GIF
Are you kidding? I can't take my eyes off of Jesus!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Christians admire/LOVE SATAN instead of the biblical God? ProgrammingGodJordan 18 3837 January 21, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I'm beginning to have a growing hatred for Christians, do you blame me GoHalos1993 11 2407 May 23, 2016 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 47352 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 20558 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11255 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  How Christians and there god sound to me. Gooders1002 248 63684 December 24, 2012 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Whitewolf
  Catholicism & Self-Hatred! Kyuuketsuki 0 1464 August 11, 2009 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki
  Religion - the accepted way to express hatred? GSARider 16 5736 February 28, 2009 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: atrasicarius