Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ?
Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ?
jesus was not all knowing     

Mark 24: 32-36:
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only

- God is all-knowing, Jesus fails this main qualification. This alone is enough to prove that Jesus is not God.

jesus never said 'I am God'
If you make a claim on someone, then you would expect that someone to back your claim up. If I claim somebody is a king, you would expect that king to say he is a king, at least once. In the OT God says he is God several times, why not once with Jesus in the NT? Did God change his ways? I think not, since the OT says God does not change. God is not shy to say I am God. SO if Jesus is God, then how come he never said it once like the God of the OT?

jesus was GIVEN power and authority, he did not own it 
As we all know, God is all-powerful and is independent, he needs no help from anybody. However so this is not the case with Jesus, unlike God, Jesus needs help from God, unlike God, Jesus does not own any power or any authority, rather it is given to him from God.

Jhn 13:3  Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

John 17:6-8: 6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7 Now they have known that ALL THINGS whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me

- So as we can see, Jesus GIVEN everything he had! This all included miracle, doctrine etc. Basically Jesus did not do anything of his own, he never performed a miracle by his own power, he was given the miracle. He never taught anything of his own, rather he was taught by God and spoke what God told him to speak.

Jhn 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me

Jhn 12:49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Jhn 8:26  I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

Jhn 14:24  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

- So everything Jesus had was from God, from the Gospel to his miracles. God needs no one to give him power, God needs no one to tell him what to do, therefore Jesus is not God.

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Mat 19:17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

- So note, the man calls Jesus good, Jesus tells the man there is none good but God. Obviously Jesus referred to God as someone else, which also proves Jesus isn’t God. However the main importance of the passages is that Jesus denies being Good in the way God is good, which is to be perfect.

jesus’ believers did NOT believe he was God either  

One of the greatest Christian myths is that Jesus’ followers believed he was God. However this is is not true, the Bible says :

Matthew chapter 16

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, "Whom do men say that I the son of man am?" 14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets

so as we can see, the believers out of the population did not take Jesus as God, they took him for a great man, such as John the Baptist, or Elias, or some others. None of them said he is God. Now let us read on and see what his own disciples took him for:

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

So note, now Jesus asks his disciples about what they take him to be for, they respond by saying he is the SON OF GOD, Jesus agrees with them and tells them tell no man I am the Christ. So note, Jesus’ disciples do not say you are God, Jesus himself does not say he is God. so where does this come from Christians if not from the Bible and not from Jesus the idea obviously came from somewhere but clearly now from the Bible ...

Now both 'the son of God' and the term 'Christ' do NOT mean God. They never have, and never will. The term Christ means Messiah, the definition of Messiah is not God, and the Jews who were awaiting their Messiah did not believe the Messiah would be God

sooo .... why why why do you Christians insist that jesus was God when the Bible and jesus himself said over and over that he was NOT God ?

jesus prayed, and had a God himself this logically lets us conclude that jesus cannot be God , the logical thing to do is worship and pray to the one jesus prayed to. If jesus told you that he had a God, would you honestly take jesus as God?
So are you going worship the one jesus prayed to Or are you going to worship Jesus? (remember no other Gods before me).

John 20:16-18 :
16 Jesus saith unto her, The word ‘son’ cannot be accepted literally because in the Bible, God apparently addresses many of his chosen servants as ‘son’ and ‘sons.’ The Hebrews believed God is One, and had neither wife nor children in any literal sense.  Therefore, it is obvious the expression ‘son of God’ merely meant ‘Servant of God’; one who, because of faithful service, was close and dear to God as a son is to his father.  Christians who came from a Greek or Roman background, later misused this term.  In their heritage, ‘son of God’ signified an incarnation of a god or someone born of a physical union between male and female gods.  This can be seen in Acts 14: 11-13, where we read that when Paul and Barnabas preached in a city of Turkey, pagans claimed they were gods incarnate.  They called Barnabas the Roman god Zeus, and Paul the Roman god Hermes.
Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. 18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

note the Lords prayer you christians say " 'OUR Father' who art in Heaven hallowed be thy name .... " ( all humans are Gods children ) " father " means creator and God and that is how Jesus also used the word father and meant nothing other than that

All four Gospels record Jesus as saying,“[i]Blessed are the peace-makers; they will be called sons of God.”

Furthermore, the New Testament Greek word translated as ‘son’ are ‘pias’ and ‘paida’ which mean ‘servant,’ or ‘son in the sense of servant.’ These are translated to ‘son’ in reference to Jesus and ‘servant’ in reference to all others in some translations of the Bible.  So, consistent with other verses, Jesus was merely saying that he is God’s servant....... 

The word ‘son’ cannot be accepted literally because in the Bible, God apparently addresses many of his chosen servants as ‘son’ and ‘sons.’ The Hebrews believed God is One, and had neither wife nor children in any literal sense.  Therefore, it is obvious the expression ‘son of God’ merely meant ‘Servant of God’; one who, because of faithful service, was close and dear to God as a son is to his father. 

- Paganism the origin of the concept -
Christians who came from a Greek or Roman background, later misused this term.  In their heritage, ‘son of God’ signified an incarnation of a god or someone born of a physical union between male and female gods.  This can be seen in [b]Acts 14: 11-13
, where we read that when Paul and Barnabas preached in a city of Turkey, pagans claimed they were gods incarnate.  They called Barnabas the Roman god Zeus, and Paul the Roman god Hermes.
[/i]
[/b]
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
RE: Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ?
Lol

As if christians give a flying f*** about what Jesus said...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
RE: Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ?
Oh, but he was one of the Siamese triplets, that explains everything.

There's a verse somewhere of Jesus saying "Before Moses, I Am". In the old testament Yahweh says he is the great I am. There are many verses indicating that Jesus is an entirely different person, and one of his most well known traits is humility. We all know the god of the old testament is anything but humble.

It's a contradiction among a long list of contradictions.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Christians should call themselves Paulites, because it is really Paul that they primarily follow, and Paul rarely if ever mentions what Jesus said. Paul is only interested in Jesus' death and resurrection.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
^This^
I heard once that originally Paul was just talking about  spirit being when he talked about Jesus. Not a guy that recently got killed after being born a virgin and becoming a teacher. Like everything else, religion changes over time.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 19, 2015 at 12:26 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Oh, but he was one of the Siamese triplets, that explains everything.

And now with:

Three!

Three!

Three gods in one!

Like a floor wax.
(October 19, 2015 at 12:59 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I heard once that originally Paul was just talking about  spirit being when he talked about Jesus. Not a guy that recently got killed after being born a virgin and becoming a teacher. Like everything else, religion changes over time.

"Paul" knows nothing about the story which was later cobbled together to put his celestial sky-daddy on earth.
(October 19, 2015 at 1:05 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote:
(October 19, 2015 at 12:26 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Oh, but he was one of the Siamese triplets, that explains everything.

And now with:

Three!

Three!

Three gods in one!

Like a floor wax.

And it's a dessert topping too !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1080 75549 April 24, 2024 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Even if theism is a failure, it's still superior to atheism R00tKiT 491 36176 December 25, 2022 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar Woah0 41 3188 August 27, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  God vs Satan - Bible UniverseCaptain 5 1200 October 17, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: no one
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 4911 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17014 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 8797 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4494 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Nuns are not only Christians Indir 24 2703 October 23, 2018 at 7:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Nuns are not only Christians Indir 1 497 October 19, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama