Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 11:40 am

Poll: Who governs the whole order of things on earth?
This poll is closed.
Man
81.82%
9 81.82%
God
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If there is no God, then, one may ask
RE: If there is no God, then, one may ask
(December 10, 2013 at 2:22 am)DOS Wrote: Here is a question that is troubling me: if there is no God, then, one may ask, who governs human life and, in general, the whole order of things on earth?

Stuck on a magical "who" instead of considering nature including human behavior as a process.

"all this" is a result of a "what" not a cognitive who.

Quote:who governs human life

Stupid question.

Humans govern each other because we evolved to be social animals. We certainly have not, as a species always governed compassionately, but evolution did that because we evolved to be BOTH compassionate and cruel.

Quote: the whole order of things on earth?

Wow, another retarded unscientific statement.

Jupiter has a weather pattern and so does Neptune and even the sun, they just don't support life, just like most of the universe.

You want to stick an ancient concocted myth into the gap after the fact of knowing we don't need your superstition to explain biological life or that of the universe.

You'd have us believe that a non material invisible sky hero stuck us on this tiny dot in a hostile universe? Sorry but my brain wont allow me to swallow such unimaginative childish fantasy.
(December 11, 2013 at 3:08 pm)DOS Wrote: 1) The Atheists have no idea of whether the God, afterlife, soul exist.
2) The Atheists have a principal or a position unless an evidence is put to their face they will not accept that the afterlife exists and it puts the atheists on the cockroach level, the cockroaches have no clue about God either...
3) The Atheists are loving to be refering to the scientific studies, kind of that white light is not white, but is made up of seven colours to prove the point and it gets them nowhere.
4) The Atheists tend to believe they can make deals, contracts, stipulations with God, i.e. they will believe asap they pull the God's beard or grab his testicle.
5) The Atheists know that the atheists descended from the Ape, the other part of the humanity puts that perspective under suspicion as it is still not proved whether the apes descended from man or otherwise. Nothing is proved, all is permitted.
6) The Atheists think they are governing something or have control over their studies, researches, truth discovering, eyes opening whilst they they are unable to say what they are going to do this same evening.' Man is mortal, but that would be only half the trouble. The worst of it is that he's sometimes unexpectedly mortal - there's the trick!
[Image: i-have-no-idea-what-you-re-talking-about.jpg]I couldn't understand a thing you said.
(December 10, 2013 at 3:05 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: ...You first have to show that there is indeed an order to the world that is governed by one single entity and not an order that resulted from the meddling of many different entities.
Actually, the first thing you need to show is that there is some kind of order.
I'm not sure her proposition wasn't two-part.

Perhaps missing a ";".
Conversely, if there IS a god, one can ask "why are you such an evil, misogynistic piece of shit?"

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
...and try to knee him in his spectral groin.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 11, 2013 at 10:05 pm)Tonus Wrote: ...and try to knee him in his spectral groin.

I don't think the god of the Abrahamic beliefs has any balls.

Most of the evil he's done he had other people do for him, but in his name.

He even had to have a proxy knock up another man's wife for him . . .

Wink Shades

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
Laws of physics do.
(December 11, 2013 at 8:24 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(December 11, 2013 at 8:08 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: I prophesie a bait and switch is about to happen...

Everyone wants to jump on my prophet bandwagon these days. I knew it would happen, of course, but maybe I ought to put some kind of "beware of cheap imitations" warning up there.

I predict you won't do that. [Image: coffee.gif] [Image: w20.png]

I'll answer positively. Who controls everything if not God? I do. I just happen to choose not to control you in any way that would demonstrate the fact that I am in control of everything. I'm a goddess, but a shy one. I only smile in the dark.

Prove me wrong. Prove that I don't control everything.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 12, 2013 at 3:29 am)rasetsu Wrote: I predict you won't do that.

You're the goddess; you're allowed.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you're really a spektic then explain this: jasonstackhouse 142 7900 February 24, 2024 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1147 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Proof at least one god is b.s. onlinebiker 10 1450 March 16, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2928 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  No soul? No free will and no responsibility then, yet the latter's essential... Duty 33 4359 August 26, 2020 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3200 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] When God isn't the answer to the question, then what is? Catharsis 55 7284 May 31, 2019 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: SlowCalculations
  Do you wish there's a god? Catharsis 580 49064 April 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Do u want there to be a God? Any God? Agnostico 304 32006 December 19, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Two scenarios that may/may not happen. RayOfLight 85 17945 November 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0