Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof at least one god is b.s.
Proof at least one god is b.s.
Best proof that the xtian god is a load of horseshit - the Noah story.

Now this is the being that supposedly created the universe - and everything in it. This supposed god is supposed to be able to create matter itself - and energy - but.......

When he figures out that his human creations didn't work out - he has to enlist the help of an old drunk to do a seemingly impossible task -

When it would have been SOOOO much simpler just to pick up the offending humans and just toss them out into the void of space.... Hell - just pick em up and drop them 100 foot or so.......

Nope.. Go round up two of every animal and stick them in a bigassed boat built by a toddering old drunk.....

Sure

That seems much more efficient...

Dodgy
RE: Proof at least one god is b.s.
(January 3, 2021 at 2:53 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Best proof that the xtian god is a load of horseshit - the Noah story.

Now this is the being that supposedly created the universe - and everything in it. This supposed god is supposed to be able to create matter itself - and energy - but.......

When he figures out that his human creations didn't work out - he has to enlist the help of an old drunk to do a seemingly impossible task -

When it would have been SOOOO much simpler just to pick up the offending humans and just toss them out into the void of space.... Hell - just pick em up and drop them 100 foot or so.......

Nope.. Go round up two of every animal and stick them in a bigassed boat built by a toddering old drunk.....

Sure

Dodgy

He drowned/killed everything except marine creatures and an olive tree on top of a mountain somewhere. What I'd like to know is which of the eight carried the diseases only transmissible between humans.

Who had syph and gonorrhoea? Which of them had measles/mumps/rubella? Who had smallpox?

So many questions, so few answers.
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
(January 3, 2021 at 2:53 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Best proof that the xtian god is a load of horseshit - the Noah story.

Sure

Dodgy

But there is a rainbow.

It's true, IT'S TRUE!

Checkmate. Jay & Silent Bob
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Bible is filled with impossible stories that are clear telltale signs it's all bunch of lies. Like, take the Roman census in Luke where everybody had to go to ‘his own city’. I mean imagine that stupidity that you have to travel because of the census.
And on top of that Joseph lived in Nazareth, his ‘own city’, yet according to Luke, Bethlehem was his city. Why? Because he was descended in the male line from King David, and David came from Bethlehem and by Luke’s own account, David was Joseph’s 41-greats-grandfather. How could any law define a man’s ‘own city’ as the city where his 41-greats-grandfather was born? It's completely ridiculous and yet Christians never question it and take it for granted. Even the movie "Ben-Hur" begins with that story like it fucking happened.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Farcical stories in the Bible don’t disprove God. They disprove the notion that the Bible is inerrant.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 3, 2021 at 4:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Farcical stories in the Bible don’t disprove God. They disprove the notion that the Bible is inerrant.

Boru

Don't they? If you read a book about paleo contacts which was the only evidence that aliens visited us in the past, and it turned out that everything in that book is a lie, that would mean that aliens didn't visit Earth in the past. So isn't it the same with the Bible?

Granted, it wouldn't mean that aliens don't exist somewhere, but it would mean that they didn't visit us, and God not visiting us defeats its purpose/ existence.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Think about all the evil sea life that was spared by the flood! What was God thinking?!
I'm not saying that gods don't or can't exist.
I don't know god's nature but I trust human nature to be opportunistic and manipulative... Greed is a human survival instinct...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
A lot of stories in the Bible are ridiculous and read out like other random fairy tales. Talking donkeys, talking snakes, virgin birth, it's all not only impossible to prove, it's just flat out impossible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2620 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 3404 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Proof of God Existence faramirofgondor 39 8063 April 20, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  Proof that God exists TheoneandonlytrueGod 203 46293 January 23, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Proof that God is not real? ComradeMeow 6 2474 August 5, 2017 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Proof of God B0B 33 3901 January 19, 2017 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? Mariosep 1101 112770 December 12, 2016 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Leaving cards with one Bible verse and one Quran verse for people to discover? ReptilianPeon 7 2327 November 10, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  One Small Step For Life, One Giant Leap For Understanding LivingNumbers6.626 6 3373 July 28, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  One final attempt to get one over on you. Whateverist 25 6095 March 1, 2014 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Whateverist