Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 10:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Vegetarians/Vegans here?
RE: Any Vegetarians/Vegans here?
(January 18, 2014 at 8:26 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Why do vegetarians have to be so overbearing and obnoxious?

Honestly, they're as bad as fucking Christians.

Angry

I think that should read.....
"Some vegetarians and Some xtians"

Otherwise I would agree with the sentiment of
"What is it with some people? If I don't think like they do I'm wrong or bad or immoral"
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 18, 2014 at 7:42 pm)Aractus Wrote:
(January 18, 2014 at 11:05 am)là bạn điên Wrote: You believe batshit crazy nonsense its called christianity. Do silkworms suffer? I don't know for sure but I'll err on the safe side. No doubt you will claim I didn't answer this one either.
So you don't like the idea of killing insects.

Thinking

So how do you justify harvesting vegetables and killing plants then?

Wow. if I had a penny for every omni who came up with that one and thought they were being original and clever I'd have about 27 pence.

Plants/Vegetables have no brain and cannot feel pain and no carrots do not scream when you pick them.
Actually Kichi from experience it's not the vegetarians that are so overbearing as much as the vegans. I know a vegetarian - hasn't eaten meat since he was like 10 or 11 or something (he's 50) - says he doesn't eat meat because he "has a conscious", his car has leather seats (because he loves leather like most people), he readily cooks chicken for his kids, and he doesn't seem to bother people about their choice to eat meat.

I remember the last time we had this discussion somebody posted a video of mulesing claiming it was cruel beyond belief - I'd never seen it before but it didn't look that bad, I mean it's not as if they're breaking bones or causing long-lasting pain to the animals. The idea that animals mustn't be allowed to experience any pain or discomfort is IMHO pretty darn silly. For the most part they get to have happy pain and stress free lives, free from predators and disease.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(January 18, 2014 at 11:27 pm)Aractus Wrote: Actually Kichi from experience it's not the vegetarians that are so overbearing as much as the vegans. I know a vegetarian - hasn't eaten meat since he was like 10 or 11 or something (he's 50) - says he doesn't eat meat because he "has a conscious", his car has leather seats (because he loves leather like most people), he readily cooks chicken for his kids, and he doesn't seem to bother people about their choice to eat meat.

I remember the last time we had this discussion somebody posted a video of mulesing claiming it was cruel beyond belief - I'd never seen it before but it didn't look that bad, I mean it's not as if they're breaking bones or causing long-lasting pain to the animals. The idea that animals mustn't be allowed to experience any pain or discomfort is IMHO pretty darn silly. For the most part they get to have happy pain and stress free lives, free from predators and disease.

Everything you have an opinion is 'darned silly' right from your infantile beleif in God which leads you to beleive inflicting pain is just fine so long as its for your selfish benefit.
(January 18, 2014 at 11:20 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: Wow. if I had a penny for every omni who came up with that one and thought they were being original and clever I'd have about 27 pence.

Plants/Vegetables have no brain and cannot feel pain and no carrots do not scream when you pick them.
What's an omni?

I didn't think I was being clever or original, I was just pointing out how stupid your argument is - that boiling unconscious insects is cruel.

Nature is so much more beautiful isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UkDMrG6tog

(January 18, 2014 at 11:33 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: Everything you have an opinion is 'darned silly' right from your infantile beleif in God which leads you to beleive inflicting pain is just fine so long as its for your selfish benefit.
You're an obvious troll.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
If I am an 'obvious troll' then why are you addressing me. Obviously you are too ignorant to realise that 'troll' is not someone you disagree with. Like most Christians you are also a liar. Please post exactly where I said that boiling unconscious insects was cruel? You know very well I said no such thing so you are inventing a strawman. Like most liars you ask questions, get answers then claim that the person hasn;t answered them then make up your answer that fits your narrative.

Pity your 10 commandments doesn't include 'Thou shalt not lie'

Omni is short for omnivore.
Troll
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(January 18, 2014 at 11:43 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: If I am an 'obvious troll' then why are you addressing me.
I'm not the only one who thinks you're an obv. troll.
Quote:Like most Christians you are also a liar. Please post exactly where I said that boiling unconscious insects was cruel? You know very well I said no such thing so you are inventing a strawman.
I'm inventing a strawman? What do you call this:
  • (January 18, 2014 at 11:33 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: Everything you have an opinion is 'darned silly' right from your infantile beleif in God which leads you to beleive inflicting pain is just fine so long as its for your selfish benefit.
Here you clearly infer that insects feel pain and scream when they are boiled unconscious - since that's what you were replying to:
  • (January 18, 2014 at 11:20 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: Plants/Vegetables have no brain and cannot feel pain and no carrots do not scream when you pick them.
Quote:Pity your 10 commandments doesn't include 'Thou shalt not lie'
Yes it does actually, stop calling me a liar.
Quote:Omni is short for omnivore.
Right.... so you're a different species to me and a herbivore then?

(January 18, 2014 at 11:27 pm)Aractus Wrote: Actually Kichi from experience it's not the vegetarians that are so overbearing as much as the vegans. I know a vegetarian - hasn't eaten meat since he was like 10 or 11 or something (he's 50) - says he doesn't eat meat because he "has a conscious", his car has leather seats (because he loves leather like most people), he readily cooks chicken for his kids, and he doesn't seem to bother people about their choice to eat meat.

Hence the Some Danniel. On the whole I understand that most people will live their lifestyles as they choose not wishing to inflict it on any one nor passing moral judgement on anyone else. Many religious are of this ilk .... thankfully.

It is unfortunate that there are those so eager to pass judgement and vilify others for choices that harm none.

Was just wondering if these so called animal activists/ welfare lobbyists have truly thought through their desires to have "all animals running freely" .... It could be posited that these "activists/ people of vocal conscience" are nothing more than environmental terrorists hell bent of destroying the land.

Consider the free deer, goats, dogs, cats, pigs, cows, horses, buffalo, camels, foxes, birds, rabbits.... None of them native to Australia all of them destructive disease carrying death for our native animals and our flora. But hey, Bambi gets to destroy our land so some fool can claim moral superiority
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Don't forget dingoes, they're not native to Australia either.

Also, back on the topic of silkworms - if we boil them alive we're killing them (by the time they emerge from their cocoons) an average 2-3 days short of their "natural" lives anyway, and we're saving them the frantic and stressful mating stage of life, and also keeping them away from predators who want to eat them before this time anyway, that equates to a much better quality of life, even if they did indeed feel pain (which of course they don't) while completely dormant and undergoing metamorphosis it'd still be a better life.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Nihilists here? FrustratedFool 351 15247 August 30, 2023 at 7:15 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  are vegetarians more ethical by not eating meat? justin 266 77244 May 23, 2013 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: fr0d0