Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 3:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Vegetarians/Vegans here?
RE: Any Vegetarians/Vegans here?
(January 29, 2014 at 10:32 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(January 29, 2014 at 10:28 am)jg2014 Wrote: I suspect the animals care greatly about whether they are forced to live short brutal lives or not just to satisfy the desires of meat eaters.

Sorry sunshine. Spouting PETA propaganda ain't gonna cut it. You have made your choice and now you are trying to rub that choice into everyone's face whether they want to hear what you say or not. Ask a lion, raptor or other meat eater how they feel about you whiny pathetic choice of religious propaganda..... guaranteed they would say... "Lunch"

Do you look to animals to justify all behaviours? How about when lions kill the offspring of rival males, does this justify humans to do the same? You're appealing to nature to justify your ethics. Its a logical fallacy, look it up.
Re: RE: Any Vegetarians/Vegans here?
(January 29, 2014 at 9:00 am)jg2014 Wrote: many vegans who do not take supplements or fortified foods become anaemic from lack of b12.

A diet that requires supplements to work does not sound healthy.
I am sure if you took enough supplements you could live on a diet of dirt. Maybe you should try it and spare the lives of so many plants.
(January 29, 2014 at 7:25 am)jg2014 Wrote: The fact is in all the many studies I have posted they all show veganism is beneficial to health.
No they don't, I've pointed this out to you. You have not posted a single shred of credible evidence to show any health benefit in giving up eggs and/or dairy from a vegiterian diet. None whatsoever.

(January 29, 2014 at 7:59 am)enrico Wrote: Somebody said that while herbivores have the bacteria to produce b12 human being have not such a bacteria.
We do have the bacteria (all land animals do I believe) but it doesn't produce enough B12 for our bodies - we still need to eat it. Herbivores have much more of the bacteria and produce more since their digestive systems are very different to ours. Our bodies also produce proteins too you know, and still we need protein in our diets - and the same can be said for most nutrients that we're supposed to eat.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(January 29, 2014 at 10:44 am)jg2014 Wrote:
(January 29, 2014 at 10:32 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Sorry sunshine. Spouting PETA propaganda ain't gonna cut it. You have made your choice and now you are trying to rub that choice into everyone's face whether they want to hear what you say or not. Ask a lion, raptor or other meat eater how they feel about you whiny pathetic choice of religious propaganda..... guaranteed they would say... "Lunch"

Do you look to animals to justify all behaviours? How about when lions kill the offspring of rival males, does this justify humans to do the same? You're appealing to nature to justify your ethics. Its a logical fallacy, look it up.

You are the one trying to justify and pontificate that humans SHOULD replace their nature with your own warped logical fallacies.

I don't think you have any arguments other than "hey, I like a vegan diet" your ethics are unscrupulous, your tactics draconian.

Sorry.... Still no sale.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 29, 2014 at 10:44 am)jg2014 Wrote:
(January 29, 2014 at 10:32 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Sorry sunshine. Spouting PETA propaganda ain't gonna cut it. You have made your choice and now you are trying to rub that choice into everyone's face whether they want to hear what you say or not. Ask a lion, raptor or other meat eater how they feel about you whiny pathetic choice of religious propaganda..... guaranteed they would say... "Lunch"

We've been looking at an animal called jg2014 this whole thread, and even you can see we do not look to this animal for justification.
(January 29, 2014 at 12:04 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(January 29, 2014 at 10:44 am)jg2014 Wrote: Do you look to animals to justify all behaviours? How about when lions kill the offspring of rival males, does this justify humans to do the same? You're appealing to nature to justify your ethics. Its a logical fallacy, look it up.

We've been looking at an animal called jg2014 this whole thread, and even you can see we do not look to this animal for justification.

Yep, that is more or less exactly my point, meat eaters use the behaviour of animals to justify their behavior, then inconsistently disregards them when it suits them.
You can be healthy with an omnivore diet, vegan diet, vegetarian diet and others. You can also be unhealthy with these diets. they can be benificial and not benificial. It really just depends on how you handle it. I'm personally a vegetarian for ethical and health (not that you can't be healthy with an omnivore diet like I've mentioned, but for me, what I eat is very healthy.)
(January 29, 2014 at 4:46 am)là bạn điên Wrote: Most arguments to allow eating meat can be used to defend having an arranged/Forced marriage with a 12 year old girl

1) We have eaten meat for thousands of years Its just natural

We have had arranged marriages with 12 year old's for thousands of years its just natural

2) But meat TASTES so good
Sex with 12 year old girls feels so good

3) Its Ok to eat meat because they are just animals
Its ok to forcibly marry little girls because they are just little girls
ROFLOL wow, you know that most animals can breed as young as 2 years old. If you really want to compare humans to other animals 12 is much to old to marry, it has to be younger.

Quote:4) God gave us animals to eat
God said it was OK to marry 12 year old girls
I don't believe in god, so who cares. I will tell that I know of vegan and vegetarian Judaism and Christians people.

Quote:5) We need meat because its good for our health

We need sex because it is good for our health

6) We can use Animals because they can't make contracts
we can use little girls because they can't make contracts

7) We can use animals because man has gone to the moon, built great buildings and animals haven't[/i]
We can use little girls because man has gone to the moon, built great buildings and ltle girls haven't

Really, I don't care that you are a vegetarian or vegan,that's your choice Smile . If you want to cry over every little animal that dies be my guess.
If you want to even come close to convincing me, you have to come up with a better argument then this and a better plan for the animals. It seems you don't understand animals, their health/biology, nature, slaughter, and reality... Undecided
[Image: 347]
I was a vegetarian when I was pregnant. I popped out my son, started breast feeding, and literally made maybe an ounce of milk every 4 hours between both breasts. I was eating healthy as I could but something wasn't working. My physician told me to start eating meat and my milk increased. I don't know why. I must have been lacking SOMETHING in my diet.

I love animals but if my doctor says "try this"... I'm trying it.
(January 29, 2014 at 12:52 pm)Wunsbee Wrote: You can be healthy with an omnivore diet, vegan diet, vegetarian diet and others. You can also be unhealthy with these diets. they can be benificial and not benificial. It really just depends on how you handle it. I'm personally a vegetarian for ethical and health (not that you can't be healthy with an omnivore diet like I've mentioned, but for me, what I eat is very healthy.)

Fundamentally I agree, one can be healthy or unhealthy with all these diets. However when one eats meat this increases exposure to health risks, which leads to disease. That's why on average vegans have reduced mortality compared to meat eaters Link

(January 29, 2014 at 11:18 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: your ethics are unscrupulous, your tactics draconian.

I don't think you know what these words actually mean.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Nihilists here? FrustratedFool 351 19340 August 30, 2023 at 7:15 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  are vegetarians more ethical by not eating meat? justin 266 81633 May 23, 2013 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: fr0d0