Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BILL NYE VS KEN HAM: TONIGHT AT 7 PM
RE: BILL NYE VS KEN HAM: TONIGHT AT 7 PM
I'm still waiting for an answer as to how we can see stars millions and billions of light years away if they've only been shining for 6000 years. Tricky, tricky Yahweh.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Their answer is attacking radioactive decay dating?

Scientist use multiple methods for dating. Also, this use of Scientist in other disciplines whom are YEC do not prove YEC.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
This was interesting

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-...oluti?bffb
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 6, 2014 at 4:52 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: This was interesting

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-...oluti?bffb

I particularly like the pastafarian response, because I feel like it'd engender a very uncomfortable response in any honest creationists (I know, I know) who're put in the position of having to answer exactly why they privilege their religion in education over any others.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I cant hear the words... "theres a book out there" again.. I already became dumb listening to that soft ball Ken Ham. My IQ just dropped to a dangerous level..
Thinking

Maybe he was sacked as a science teacher here in Oz (he sure as hell does NOT do our school system any justice) and had to migrate to a really stupid area of the USA?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Regarding those 22 question from creationists, here's a list of 22 answers for creationists from someone who understands evolution courtesy of the Grauniad.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 6, 2014 at 1:10 am)BadWriterSparty Wrote: I'm still waiting for an answer as to how we can see stars millions and billions of light years away if they've only been shining for 6000 years. Tricky, tricky Yahweh.

Yeah, a god that would create the light en route to create an illusion of an older universe is a trickster that would make Loki proud. How can you possible trust any salvation message or anything else from such a god?

That same god could say on Judgment Day, "Hey, surprise, the 'test' was actually to see if you used critical thinking and decided NOT to believe this crap. You see, I can only take so many into Heaven and I need the best and brightest minds. I'm competing with another creation down the road so, sorry I can't save the credulous and the idiots. It turns out the skeptics are the ones who get to enjoy Heaven."

If a god indirectly lies through the universe, why couldn't the same god lie in scripture?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(February 6, 2014 at 12:40 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(February 6, 2014 at 1:10 am)BadWriterSparty Wrote: I'm still waiting for an answer as to how we can see stars millions and billions of light years away if they've only been shining for 6000 years. Tricky, tricky Yahweh.

Yeah, a god that would create the light en route to create an illusion of an older universe is a trickster that would make Loki proud. How can you possible trust any salvation message or anything else from such a god?

You know how they go around that? In the past, light speed was much, much faster than it is now.
(where you there to measure it? no, then how would you know that it was the same as today, huh?!?!?!)
(February 4, 2014 at 9:17 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: I was refuting Deist’s claim that if something small happens something great can therefore also happen. There are limitations to how many generations you can have though.

So what's the maximum number of generations a species can have before it self-destructs from 'genetic entropy'?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you lonesome tonight? Angrboda 23 5052 May 2, 2018 at 3:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ken Ham is back. Manowar 16 2100 July 10, 2016 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Ken Ham sells lies. Brian37 3 951 March 21, 2016 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Bill Nye Big Think, Creationism. 5thHorseman 4 2955 August 28, 2012 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Gambit