Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 4:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok I admit it
RE: Ok I admit it
(March 3, 2014 at 7:08 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: A metaphor my father likes to use:
God's grace and forgiveness are like if someone told you they had a new car in the driveway for you. If you just say you don't believe it's there and disregard it, it's your fault for not accepting the gift and trusting it's there, not the givers fault. It's the same with God. He gives the gift, but the person has to accept it and go see it for himself. I might have not said that perfectly, but my father often uses this one while he's preaching.

(March 3, 2014 at 7:08 am)Zen Badger Wrote: And look at earthquakes, diseases, parasites and all the little surprises that your god has concocted.

One of my favourites is a parasitic worm from Africa. Part of its life cycle involves living in the eyeball of its host, eventually sending the host blind.

Care to explain how that is part of your loving gods plan?

It's all because man ate from the tree and allowed sin into the world. Free will.

Trite,empty answer.

Please try better.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 3, 2014 at 7:23 am)JesusLover1 Wrote:
(March 3, 2014 at 7:21 am)pocaracas Wrote: Did they really feel it's power or something else inside of them?

Like what?

Take your pick:List of Mental Disorders - wiki

My point is, the brain is way too complex and too prone to errors to be completely reliable.
If you see something no one else sees, is it some spirit giving you that vision? or a hallucination or an optical illusion?
The same goes for hearing... the same goes for feeling.

Plus, it is completely possible for someone to delude themselves.... remember the old saying: if you say a lie enough times, it becomes the truth.
JesusLover are u saying that its just that simple that if we have a personal relationship with jesus we are good to go to heaven?
So, you dismiss the other religions, which are older than Christianity?

Your mental masturbation with Jesus has completely clouded your thinking! What kind of relationship is it? Does God reply back, and how? Did he touch you in the no no place?
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(March 3, 2014 at 9:16 am)Dragonetti Wrote: So, you dismiss the other religions, which are older than Christianity?

Your mental masturbation with Jesus has completely clouded your thinking! What kind of relationship is it? Does God reply back, and how? Did he touch you in the no no place?

Are u talking to jesuslover?
(March 3, 2014 at 8:56 am)truthBtold Wrote: JesusLover are u saying that its just that simple that if we have a personal relationship with jesus we are good to go to heaven?

Yes! And you get that personal relationship by accepting Jesus into your heart! My dad often marvels at how easy it is!
(March 3, 2014 at 9:35 am)JesusLover1 Wrote:
(March 3, 2014 at 8:56 am)truthBtold Wrote: JesusLover are u saying that its just that simple that if we have a personal relationship with jesus we are good to go to heaven?

Yes! And you get that personal relationship by accepting Jesus into your heart! My dad often marvels at how easy it is!

And if I remain an arrogant atheist and no accept him.. then what?
(March 3, 2014 at 9:42 am)truthBtold Wrote:
(March 3, 2014 at 9:35 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: Yes! And you get that personal relationship by accepting Jesus into your heart! My dad often marvels at how easy it is!

And if I remain an arrogant atheist and no accept him.. then what?

Well then you'll choose not to go to heaven
(March 2, 2014 at 7:48 pm)JesusLover1 Wrote: Quoting a famed Christian television personality, my father once brought up something interesting. Even if Jesus came to earth, the atheists would still doubt him. They would say "what's the proof you're the son of God?"', no matter.

Why shouldn't we? If we believed every charlatan who claimed to be Jesus...wow...
(March 3, 2014 at 9:53 am)JesusLover1 Wrote:
(March 3, 2014 at 9:42 am)truthBtold Wrote: And if I remain an arrogant atheist and no accept him.. then what?

Well then you'll choose not to go to heaven

Thats not bad then.