Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 11:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Intelligent design? Really?
RE: Intelligent design? Really?
(March 8, 2014 at 2:22 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Being "quite certain" does not make it a fact, either it is a fact or it isn't.

Says the theist. Dodgy
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
By the way, Missy Meng, maybe you better ask gawd to give your shield back, (you did say it was "with him" ... did he need a panty shield ?) Why did you give it to him, anyway. Did you think he/she needed it ?
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(March 8, 2014 at 11:11 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(March 8, 2014 at 10:57 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: Yeah right. Here's some real "intelligent design" by a *loving god*.
[Image: 11-2bl.jpg?resize=246%2C350]

Imagine what apes thought when they saw the first baby that looked different from them.

Nothing, since evolution doesn't work like that.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 8, 2014 at 9:45 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: all spiders belong to the same group Araneae why do you keep insisting that "many families of spiders" were involved?

Because now you're expanding and contracting what a "sort" means from organism to organism, with no justification: Felidae, as your first list mentions, is a Family classification, whereas Aranae is an Order. So when you originally claimed that the animals on the Ark were divided according to Family, you were wrong, and I suspect just pulling that claim out of your ass for convenience.

Now, your "sort" nonsense is back to being a random grab bag based on nothing more than what you think looks similar, rather than anything biologically true.

Edited to add: Incidentally, since Aranae is the order, and Family is a different classification below that, there are in fact 109 families of spider to go on the Ark. This shit is muddier than you'd think.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 9, 2014 at 1:00 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(March 8, 2014 at 9:45 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: all spiders belong to the same group Araneae why do you keep insisting that "many families of spiders" were involved?

Because now you're expanding and contracting what a "sort" means from organism to organism, with no justification: Felidae, as your first list mentions, is a Family classification, whereas Aranae is an Order. So when you originally claimed that the animals on the Ark were divided according to Family, you were wrong, and I suspect just pulling that claim out of your ass for convenience.

Now, your "sort" nonsense is back to being a random grab bag based on nothing more than what you think looks similar, rather than anything biologically true.

I'm reminded of a conversation I had with a work colleague who asserted that thylacines had been interbreeding with domestic dogs.......
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 8, 2014 at 11:33 pm)Zen Badger Wrote:
(March 8, 2014 at 11:11 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Imagine what apes thought when they saw the first baby that looked different from them.

Nothing, since evolution doesn't work like that.

Be sure to see the new Godzilla movie. The screen writers certainly think evolution works that way. Just saying...
Intelligent design? Really?
(March 9, 2014 at 2:06 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(March 8, 2014 at 11:33 pm)Zen Badger Wrote: Nothing, since evolution doesn't work like that.

Be sure to see the new Godzilla movie. The screen writers certainly think evolution works that way. Just saying...

[Image: y4a3ava9.jpg]
(March 9, 2014 at 2:06 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Be sure to see the new Godzilla movie. The screen writers certainly think evolution works that way. Just saying...

I don't go to Godzilla movies for my science anymore, ever since Godzilla Vs Destoroyah claimed that a single organism could rapidly evolve from amoeba to... well, kaiju. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 9, 2014 at 2:14 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(March 9, 2014 at 2:06 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Be sure to see the new Godzilla movie. The screen writers certainly think evolution works that way. Just saying...

I don't go to Godzilla movies for my science anymore, ever since Godzilla Vs Destoroyah claimed that a single organism could rapidly evolve from amoeba to... well, kaiju. Tongue

Movies tend to get a lot of the details, as well as the major points, completely wrong. But they are entertaining for a couple of hours. The problem is that they ultimately end up brainwashing the audience over a lifetime.
Back in my early 20's I was working with a guy right about the same age as me. We were hanging out after work one day and he said that one of the things he had always wanted to do was to have sex in an anti-gravity room. And this guy wasn't a stupid person.

I remember some scene from a movie, probably a comedy or something, where a couple gets it on in an anti-gravity room on Earth. Probably a movie from the 80's but I can't track it down. That's probably where he got that misconception.

I had to tell the guy it was all bullshit.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent design Nihilist Virus 27 4019 April 5, 2019 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Religious people are less intelligent than atheists Bow Before Zeus 186 24648 December 23, 2017 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 3118 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Intelligent Atheists: Who/What Was Jesus? Cleo 87 19976 December 4, 2015 at 1:56 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Design argument Phil 4 2387 May 2, 2012 at 10:43 am
Last Post: mediamogul
  What Intelligent Design Tells Us About God FadingW 13 5637 September 18, 2010 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb