Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious people are less intelligent than atheists
Religious people are less intelligent than atheists
Hey, don't take it from me. This is the conclusion from a study by Professor Miron Zuckerman as reported in the Independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...58046.html

So here's my advice to xtians who are so quick to abuse and accuse atheists of being "morons" or "stupid". It is more likely that you are so please stop the personal abuse.
RE: Religious people are less intelligent than atheists
This may be because non-theists tend to read more than one book.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
In fairness though, it's not like the bible or the qu'ran makes one less intelligent.
It's just that those in despair are in most need of hope to escape the circumstances they are born into.
This is where religion thrives... And most of the people in despair are the uneducated...

But then you have YEC who really are just stupid.

and scientologists

and mormons

and open 7 days dentists

the list goes on
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
To a man though, they are smarter than their God.

The conclusion though, never seems to occur. Not even to the apologists . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Of course a small average difference isn't very significant, and says hardly anything about whether a particular atheist is smarter than a particular theist. It's interesting though to drill down and look a the specific area of intelligence where almost all that average difference resides: analytical aptitude.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Moron..

Intelligence is a measure of indoctrination. It is a number or rating that reflects How much of society approved BS have you retained.

While religious people may retain a low rating of pop society indoctrination (not a bad thing) Religious people tend to have the market cornered in wisdom and uncommon sense.
(other wise why brag about being a puppet of modern society by sporting it's indoctrination score over that of another?)
You seem especially ignorant this morning, Drich.

in·tel·li·gence
/inˈteləjəns/
noun
noun: intelligence

1. the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
How many IQ points does it take to assert a Holy book is God inspired/God written and is Inerrant and every Word literally True and that same book is so poorly written as to record the denouement as occurring twice on consecutive days ??

And that same book also inspires/invokes 70,000 schisms to boot !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 12, 2017 at 10:26 am)Drich Wrote: Intelligence is a measure of indoctrination.

No. Just no. You're thinking of education. Allow me to educate you.

[Image: quote-men-are-born-ignorant-not-stupid-t...160378.jpg]

Of course, some of them are born stupid as well.

You can be educated badly, and taught the wrong things, but that has nothing to do with how intelligent or smart you are.

People aren't stupid because they believe stupid things. People believe stupid things because they are stupid.
(December 12, 2017 at 4:15 am)Bow Before Zeus Wrote: Hey, don't take it from me. This is the conclusion from a study by Professor Miron Zuckerman as reported in the Independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...58046.html

So here's my advice to xtians who are so quick to abuse and accuse atheists of being "morons" or "stupid". It is more likely that you are so please stop the personal abuse.

Let me see.  Shall I take it from the bible, from you or from this Professor Miron Zuckerman guy?  I see Miron has "professor" right there in front of his name.  So I guess if I were in the habit of getting my conclusions from authorities, that might make a fine choice.  But I'm a big DIY guy when it comes to deciding claims which on the face of it are suspect, as is the one in this thread's title.  Not that I've done any research into this question personally.  But from my personal experience with the people I meet online and in RL I don't find intelligence dividing so neatly between believers and non-believers.  I'm not tempted to read the article itself but if you'd care to extract what you think is a persuasive quote I'd be happy to give it a look.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 523 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Friendship with religious people BrokenQuill92 18 1059 June 17, 2022 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  Intelligent design Nihilist Virus 27 3417 April 5, 2019 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. downbeatplumb 254 28824 September 20, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3313 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2803 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Intelligent Atheists: Who/What Was Jesus? Cleo 87 18140 December 4, 2015 at 1:56 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Who killed more people Atheists or Christians? Phatt Matt s 69 22690 April 8, 2014 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Religious people do not have a monopoly on Hypocrisy Phatt Matt s 6 2133 March 24, 2014 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Intelligent design? Really? Bad Wolf 170 30552 March 9, 2014 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Esquilax