Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 7:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you lived in Jesus' day, how would you of responded?
RE: If you lived in Jesus' day, how would you of responded?
(March 12, 2014 at 10:20 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:

I believe He rose and so do many others. I believe Jesus is who He said He is.

That's too funny (pathetic). The only evidence is what some unknown guys wrote about an unknown guy in a book. It's like believing in the Lone Ranger riding around Texas shooting silver bullets on a pure white stallion with a black mask around his eyes in the hot Texas sun with an Indian by his side on a pinto horse.

(March 10, 2014 at 10:26 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Not that you believe, but let's just say that you lived and witness Jesus as He is described in Scripture. Out of curiosity, you listened to Him speak, you saw him heal, you witnessed the miracles, etc. How would you of reacted?

His family didn't believe him so why so I be more gullible than them?
Revs: the claim that Jesus rose from his grave is just that, a claim.

There are many other god figures who supposedly also rose from the grave.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(March 12, 2014 at 10:49 pm)Beccs Wrote: Revs: the claim that Jesus rose from his grave is just that, a claim.

Plus several vampires and voodoo zombies.
(March 12, 2014 at 10:49 pm)futilethewinds Wrote:
(March 12, 2014 at 10:49 pm)Beccs Wrote: Revs: the claim that Jesus rose from his grave is just that, a claim.

Plus several vampires and voodoo zombies.

Just no sparkly vampires, please!

Confused Fall

(March 12, 2014 at 10:52 pm)Beccs Wrote: Just no sparkly vampires, please!

Confused Fall
I'm talking about traditional folk vampires, those motherfuckers didn't sparkle.
(March 10, 2014 at 10:26 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Not that you believe, but let's just say that you lived and witness Jesus as He is described in Scripture. Out of curiosity, you listened to Him speak, you saw him heal, you witnessed the miracles, etc. How would you of reacted?

I'd probably ask Jesus to do something worthwhile with his time, like solving world hunger or eliminating all disease, since you know, all it would take for him is a thought and a prayer.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(March 12, 2014 at 10:55 pm)futilethewinds Wrote:
(March 12, 2014 at 10:52 pm)Beccs Wrote: Just no sparkly vampires, please!

Confused Fall
I'm talking about traditional folk vampires, those motherfuckers didn't sparkle.

We need Buffy back for some of these "modern" vampires

(March 12, 2014 at 10:57 pm)Beccs Wrote: We need Buffy back for some of these "modern" vampires
Buffy and the Scoobies would dust 'em all in one fell swoop.
(March 12, 2014 at 6:45 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(March 12, 2014 at 11:23 am)Fromper Wrote: Exactly how is "If there was proof of God's existence" different than "if there was a Jesus who indeed was performing real miracles"? Given the Christian assumption of Jesus as God, performing "real miracles" would be proof to support God's existence.

This is like asking "If you were there on the Death Star, and Darth Vader choked you without physically touching you, would you believe in The Force?" It's a loaded question with only one correct answer: "Yes, when faced with indisputable proof of the impossible, I would believe the impossible", which is exactly the same as the only correct answer to your question. And it's equally relevant to your question.

Not necessarily, there were people in Jesus who witnessed the miracles He performed and still wanted Him killed.

Once again, you're assuming the miracles actually happened, with no evidence whatsoever. Are you expecting someone here to say "I'd have been one of those who wanted him killed"? Would that give you a chance for a "Gotcha!" response about how they're really evil? Maybe such a person would be possessed by the devil. Devil

(March 12, 2014 at 10:20 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I'm thankful you put so much time and thought into this. If I were an atheist perhaps you would of been more in the question rather then the why I posted it.
If you were an atheist, you never would have posted such a question. It's obviously an agenda based "gotcha" question, and without the agenda, there would be no question. Which, as I said, is why I won't bother even entertaining it. It's a pointless hypothetical that doesn't apply to the real world, so I refuse to walk into your agenda.

I notice you didn't actually answer my question, though I'll admit that I was probably more accusatory than I should have been if I wanted a response. But the answer seems obvious to me, and I was hoping you'd admit it. Exactly why did you post this question? It's not like there's anything to discuss in a scenario that only has one reasonable response if taken seriously.
That's MISTER Godless Vegetarian Tree Hugging Hippie Liberal to you.
"Jesus is who he said he is"? When did he ever say anything? There are only old goat herders that wrote stories about him.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  would you tell your parents one day that you are an atheist ? Marsellus Wallace 71 12734 March 15, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Atheism, the short lived idea? solja247 66 19809 March 12, 2014 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: psychoslice